ECT Pentecostals Will Tell You Why

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Satan believes, as well. What about him?

Devils have a type of faith that believes, but it is not a working faith that serves God. It is a false kind of faith. James is comparing that false faith with true faith that loves God and bears fruit as a consequence. James calls faith without works dead.

Cross Reference

Devils have a type of faith that believes, but it is not a working faith that serves God. It is a false kind of faith. James is comparing that false faith with true faith that loves God and bears fruit as a consequence. James calls faith without works dead.

I know all that but you didn't qualify it that way when stating the elect knew because they believe. I personally know quite a few of your so-called elect who "believe", Presbyterians who aren't worth a hoot in the things of God. Their conversation when in their regular mens meetings are ALWAYS centered on football games and the like. Even the Pastor doesn't bring up the subject of Christ to begin any discussion about Him. One individual sits every morning at the McDonalds doing crossword puzzles waiting for someone by chance to approach him that he might witness to about Christ, so he says.. Go figure his spirituality. I never witnessed him having any success and often wondered what he would say to anyone who did ask him anything about salvation. Believe me when I say this guy is lost to rational thinking about anything Jesus Christ being his belief system is HyperCalvinism. He is no Christian.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
I know all that but you didn't qualify it that way when stating the elect knew because they believe. I personally know quite a few of your so-called elect who "believe", Presbyterians who aren't worth a hoot in the things of God. Their conversation when in their regular mens meetings are ALWAYS centered on football games and the like. Even the Pastor doesn't bring up the subject of Christ to begin any discussion about Him. One individual sits every morning at the McDonalds doing crossword puzzles waiting for someone by chance to approach him that he might witness to about Christ, so he says.. Go figure his spirituality. I never witnessed him having any success and often wondered what he would say to anyone who did ask him anything about salvation. Believe me when I say this guy is lost to rational thinking about anything Jesus Christ being his belief system is HyperCalvinism. He is no Christian.

Presbyterians don't teach hyper-Calvinism. You got that from somewhere else. Hyper calvinism is false. All of us are not worth a hoot but the elects being elects are still going to be elects cause they are the elects. Your boasting makes you feel like you're worth a hoot.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
You have no "choice" in the matter, remember? And why talk about God anymore since there is no need to from your prespective. Why are you even on this forum? You can't help anyone.

My instructions are to proclaim the gospel even to the lost God never drew. We do it cause God said so. If he tells me to talk to a brick wall, I'll do it. Why? , cause he said so. You're the brick wall. I know I'm wasting my time with you but I'm commanded to do so. The difference is that you're always questioning God and Im not . Your questions shows doubt.

Cross Reference

My instructions are to proclaim the gospel even to the lost God never drew. We do it cause God said so. If he tells me to talk to a brick wall, I'll do it. Why? , cause he said so. You're the brick wall. I know I'm wasting my time with you but I'm commanded to do so. The difference is that you're always questioning God and Im not . Your questions shows doubt.

That is so typical the hyperCalvin perspective. But perspective from a distorted understanding of the scriptures is what it truly is and your religion of it is the "brickwall" to your release from it. IOW, you have believed a lie and your mind speaks of it through your mouth.

Again, You can't be sure of your salvation until your die. Therefore, why should I believe you for the rest? You have no genuine interest in discussing Jesus Christ.

Word based mystic

Who said I was chosen?

now you prevaricate....

why don't you answer the question.....

you obviously believe you are chosen. you spend time here implying you are being obedient to God.

if you do not believe you are a christian chosen by God

then why bother.

dodging questions is more and more becoming your method of operation.

You don't have a good answer because you know if you do answer the question you will condemn yourself.
How do you know you are saved/chosen.

Cross Reference

Presbyterians don't teach hyper-Calvinism. You got that from somewhere else. Hyper calvinism is false. All of us are not worth a hoot but the elects being elects are still going to be elects cause they are the elects. Your boasting makes you feel like you're worth a hoot.

OK. Speak of the difference between the two camps, i.e., yours and theirs; your brand of Calvinism vs their brand. [I know there are at least 3 types of Lapsarianism all are of the Presbyterian mold]

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
OK. Speak of the difference between the two camps, i.e., yours and theirs; your brand of Calvinism vs their brand. [I know there are at least 3 types of Lapsarianism all are of the Presbyterian mold]

Too busy with the Bible, alone. Like I said, I dont need to convince you to save yourself cause God does the saving. Saving oneself never works, never will nor never has. Easy decisionism is a lie from new denominations and only used for entertainment purposes and to sucker people's wallet. If it makes the unregenerates happy, then go enjoy yourselves . Have fun. Got nothing better to do anyway. Gods already made His mind.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
now you prevaricate....

why don't you answer the question.....

you obviously believe you are chosen. you spend time here implying you are being obedient to God.

if you do not believe you are a christian chosen by God

then why bother.

dodging questions is more and more becoming your method of operation.

You don't have a good answer because you know if you do answer the question you will condemn yourself.
How do you know you are saved/chosen.

I don't care about me. I denied myself since birth. If you were able, you could ask God, but you're not able. You're too busy in meism bathing in a pool of doubt. Everthing is all about you. I don't need to condemn myself. Mankind is already screwed but you won't be able to see that.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
That is so typical the hyperCalvin perspective. But perspective from a distorted understanding of the scriptures is what it truly is and your religion of it is the "brickwall" to your release from it. IOW, you have believed a lie and your mind speaks of it through your mouth.

Again, You can't be sure of your salvation until your die. Therefore, why should I believe you for the rest? You have no genuine interest in discussing Jesus Christ.

You beg me to make sure and then turn around and tell me I can't be sure tell us not to believe you for the rest for sure. You became unbelievable on your first word ever posted on TOL.

Word based mystic

I don't care about me. I denied myself since birth. If you were able, you could ask God, but you're not able. You're too busy in meism bathing in a pool of doubt. Everthing is all about you. I don't need to condemn myself. Mankind is already screwed but you won't be able to see that.

prevaricate.

if you denied yourself since birth then you in an active manner (deny)
even in the act of denial you show yourself as egocentric

in judging my salvation or lack of ability to ask God, (you) decide and judge.

your judgement to place me in a state of meism is a judgement that (you) have assessed

and you have assessed incorrectly.

2 peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is (((patient))) toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

God has no need to be patient if He already decided that only (some) will or were enabled to repent.

Here it is an enabling for ((ALL)) to repent.

Have you repented yet.

I have.
I also place myself in His power and Grace to finish what He started. for 2 peter 3:9 Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus”

so have you received
or repented
or believed

if God already pre chose then why require these types of active words.

don't prevaricate

give an actual answer.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
prevaricate.

if you denied yourself since birth then you in an active manner (deny)
even in the act of denial you show yourself as egocentric

in judging my salvation or lack of ability to ask God, (you) decide and judge.

your judgement to place me in a state of meism is a judgement that (you) have assessed

and you have assessed incorrectly.

2 peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is (((patient))) toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

God has no need to be patient if He already decided that only (some) will or were enabled to repent.

Here it is an enabling for ((ALL)) to repent.

Have you repented yet.

I have.
I also place myself in His power and Grace to finish what He started. for 2 peter 3:9 Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus”

so have you received
or repented
or believed

if God already pre chose then why require these types of active words.

don't prevaricate

give an actual answer.

All mankind don't have that abilty. That includes YOU !

Cross Reference

Reprobates don't beg

Reprobates are religious people, caught up in their own ideas about life and sealed away from the salvation of God after much unfruitful persuasion__ and by God's turning them over to it without remedy, is it performed.
cf Heb 6:4-7. Becareful.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Reprobates are religious people, caught up in their own ideas about life and sealed away from the salvation of God after much unfruitful persuasion__ and by God's turning them over to it without remedy, is it performed.
cf Heb 6:4-7. Becareful.
Go doesnt need to save you based on your carefulness. That passage that warns the Hebrews against falling away is warning them against one thing: abandoning trust in Christ alone by going back to now worthless and obsolete things, such as trusting in the temple sacrifice and the Law in order to be justified. You're trusting in anything except Christ alone. You use your own free will to save yourself through false easy believism and easy decisionism. A semi pelagian theolgy that screws you.

Cross Reference

Go doesnt need to save you based on your carefulness. That passage that warns the Hebrews against falling away is warning them against one thing: abandoning trust in Christ alone by going back to now worthless and obsolete things, such as trusting in the temple sacrifice and the Law in order to be justified. You're trusting in anything except Christ alone. You use your own free will to save yourself through false easy believism and easy decisionism. A semi pelagian theolgy that screws you.

It's interesting to me that you should see your [untoward] religious way as being, difficult.

You need to know that your "way" is not the way that will get you home to Father's house.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
It's interesting to me that you should see your [untoward] religious way as being, difficult.

You need to know that your "way" is not the way that will get you home to Father's house.

In other words, apostates were never truly regenerate in our previous conversation. it is God that chooses whom goes home with Him not mans nor yours.

Cross Reference

In other words, apostates were never truly regenerate in our previous conversation. it is God that chooses whom goes home with Him not mans nor yours.

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God. . . . . . . Wherefore God also gave them up . . . . . Romans 1:21-24 (KJV)

When God gave them up it was by decree, He did so.

Likewise when this happens:

". . .it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame."
Hebrews 6:4-6 (KJV)

That is what a reprobate is. How does your understanding match up with all of that?

Last edited: