Ebola is in the USA. Does this frighten you?

shagster01

Hello, since they have known :doh:

Very good, you finally got the point, which was how many possible people they havent considered could have already been infected because of lack of precaution the first time.

Are you ok? It took you a really long time to get this.

My hospital has 2,700 employees, 400 patients and various amounts of visitors. So you think we should have 3,000+ hazmat suits laying around just in case somebody with Ebola walks in?

shagster01

I understand, however, the SOP is that those items go into laundry hampers. It's not an airborne disease, Angel, so unless the ER reuses dirty sheets and gowns (not going to happen), there is no threat to anyone except housekeeping employees who are trained not to handle those items without gloves.

I've tried to explain this, but Angel clearly knows how to run hospitals better than anyone else. Makes me wonder why she's not the CEO of one right now.

bybee

I've tried to explain this, but Angel clearly knows how to run hospitals better than anyone else. Makes me wonder why she's not the CEO of one right now.

Now, now! Not so quick to judge A4T's thoughts.
The very real possibility exists that the Ebola virus may mutate. It could become an airborne disease if that happens. And, at what point might that happen?

shagster01

The very real possibility exists that the Ebola virus may mutate. It could become an airborne disease if that happens. And, at what point might that happen?

There is no way for hospitals to prevent that.

Gurucam

The idea of controlling Ebola is theory, i.e. intellectual and modern scientific theory.

Let us hope that when that theory is relied on or called on to actually perform, in a real live serious and overwhelming scenario, it stand up better than economic theory . . the lacking and 'half baked' nature of which could not deliver the U.S.A. out of its economic challenges, recently and is now failing to deliver the world from economic disaster

This is the age and testing time for all the world widely esteemed modern scientific and intellectual theories. These are mostly based on assumptions. None of these theories were ever tested in real live critical and overwhelming circumstances.

The sad reality so far is that many of these highly esteemed theories are failing to uphold old established status-quo.

The Gods of the recent past were our modern scientific and intellectual class. They are left brain-ers. Their ideas and theories dominated and ruled the world. Testing time is at hand. And it seems that they and their theories are set to be banished.

The age of the intuit or right brain person have dawned.

Changing of the 'guards' is at hand, under grace of God. A new and very different aristocratic/noble class is well equipped and waiting in the wings to deliver the world from crisis, under grace of God.

Last edited:

gcthomas

AFAIK, no virus had ever developed airborne transmission in humans when it didn't have that ability before. So although it is not an impossibility, it is not something to worry about.

We are more likely to have our populations ravaged by an already airborne disease such as bird flu becoming more virulent, if that is your worry.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Go with the likelihoods. Unless we have the same sort of lack of effective medical and sanitation controls that is common in West Africa, we really don't have much to fear.

If the virus should mutate to where it can be spread in an airborne (not droplets) form, then we need to worry.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

I know enough to know if true quarantine measures were taken, it would end in its tracks- so apparently i know a whole lot more than the idiots even letting anyone fly out of the region where it started.

shagster01

I know enough to know if true quarantine measures were taken, it would end in its tracks- so apparently i know a whole lot more than the idiots even letting anyone fly out of the region where it started.

What would your solution be if those countries deport the Americans? Can't stay there, can't come here. Do we just stick them on a boat in international waters?

shagster01

hello you just asked what to do with deported americans, quarantine them for 21 days before their travel.

What do you not understand?

Quarantine them where, if the country they are currently in doesn't agree to that idea?

Let's use this example... a Mexican citizen has Ebola and his visa to be in the USA expires. He wants to go to Mexico to seek treatment anyway. Would you want America to keep him here for 21 extra days just to make sure that the virus doesn't go to Mexico?

gcthomas

Those running the medical services in the affected countries disagree with you. Clamp down on the international travel and you wreck the international effort to stem the epidemic in those countries. Then you get the population panicking and an ebola ridden diaspora that will be impossible to contain or monitor spreading the illness through multiple channels.

Isolating those countries is a BAD idea and counterproductive.

Truster

Its not the disease that frightens people it the effect of disease. When a man is converted he is not only saved from sin,but also from the fear of death.

''And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage''.

gcthomas

Its not the disease that frightens people it the effect of disease. When a man is converted he is not only saved from sin,but also from the fear of death.

''And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage''.

I'd still prefer the vaccines, hygiene and medical system of a science supported, modern industrial nation, though.