Militarized Police

THall

All the facts are not represented in this article. That's El Paso. I don't suppose that fence delineates the Mexican-American border? Or is it possible that the Police Officers were protecting against further tragedy? It's impossible to tell from the article but that's the point of some of these sites. They spin a story to support an agenda.

Additional comment: I checked out the location of the drowning and it's north of the border so the fence was not a border delineation. That does not dismiss two things, 1) the water may have been too swift or the situation too dangerous for average citizens to conduct a safe rescue or 2) the woman may have already been dead at the time the Police told people to get away. Once there is a dead person at a scene, no one but those trained in evidence collection can access it to rule out foul play.

Another additional comment:
Take a look at the location according to the article and take a look at the same location here:
https://www.google.com/maps/@31.850...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGPKC0PQVPDq-_OSBWbP02w!2e0

I think it's pretty evident why the Police said stay away. It's called drainage ditch flooded amidst Texas gully washer so Officers were trying to protect against further tragedy. Try again CL. On second thought, spare us, please.
Ever play "No Anchovies Please" backward? LOL

IMJ:kookoo::mock::dunce:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
For those who still believe the lies that cops are there "to protect and serve"

http://reason.com/blog/2014/09/26/woman-drowns-after-cops-threaten-rescuer

And please spare the "few bad apples" comments, this stuff happens every day. Political power is what leads to mass murder more often than not...

I think thats more of a fear on part of police by suit happy people: See an example here

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/13/m...uers-possibly-in-the-country-illegally-video/

Then we have the issue of protect and serve is from crime, they are not fireman/emergency techs

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Then we have the issue of protect and serve is from crime, they are not fireman/emergency techs

Well...No, not even that...Or maybe in the narrowest possible way that you have that worded. :think:

The police are there to enforce the law and that's it. Contrary to what many people think, the police have no obligation to provide anyone with protection. While it is true that they may do so in the performance of their law enforcement duties this is merely incidental. :idunno:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

Like this poor guy found out. :plain:

http://nypost.com/2013/01/27/city-says-cops-had-no-duty-to-protect-subway-hero-who-subdued-killer/

Christian Liberty

It will stop when "pastors" like Mike Franklin are excommunicated from their churches, handed over to Satan, and presumed to be non-believers if they refuse to repent of their blasphemy.

It will stop when, at the LEAST, being a corrupt cop is seen as morally equivalent to being a prostitute. Better yet, when we realize that government police are simply inherently corrupt, and when "Christian cop" would generally be seen as just as absurd as "Christian prostitute."

It will stop when we eliminate the modern conception of the State.

Christian Liberty

I think thats more of a fear on part of police by suit happy people: See an example here

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/13/m...uers-possibly-in-the-country-illegally-video/

That's a problem with our legal system. And police enforce the law. Without police, our legal system couldn't sustain itself. So, I at least partially blame them for that to.

Anyone who would threaten violent force to prevent someone from saving a dying person is guilty of murder, period. Nobody would deny it if they weren't badged. Its as simple as that.

Christ's Word

That's a problem with our legal system. And police enforce the law. Without police, our legal system couldn't sustain itself. So, I at least partially blame them for that to.

Anyone who would threaten violent force to prevent someone from saving a dying person is guilty of murder, period. Nobody would deny it if they weren't badged. Its as simple as that.

I am amazed at the number of people here in complete denial of reality. The top law enforcement official in the nation is being forced to step down, police are killing and shooting citizens all over the United States, and being fired and charged with crimes, and the peanut gallery here still has their naive heads stuck in the rabbit hole?:kookoo:

Christian Liberty

I am amazed at the number of people here in complete denial of reality. The top law enforcement official in the nation is being forced to step down, police are killing and shooting citizens all over the United States, and being fired and charged with crimes, and the peanut gallery here still has their naive heads stuck in the rabbit hole?:kookoo:

Most of them are hopeless. I don't really have enough time for it anymore, not on this website. I'm too focused on my real life discussions and work that needs to be done.

Unfortunately, I don't think constitutionalism can fix the problem, for reasons Lynsander Spooner pointed out long ago.

Christian Liberty

You confuse the problems of corporate corruption with government corruption and overreach. Although in some circumstances they are obviously intertwined, birds of a feather you know..... both entities steal, they just do it in different ways.

Abolishing the special state protections of limited liability and corporate personhood should solve a significant bit of the corporation's stealing problem. Big gangs could still steal, but it wouldn't be nearly as easy.

government corruption, on the other hand, is intrinsically part of having a state.

Christian Liberty

et everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

The US Government, like all modern States, REGULARLY brings harm on those who do good, and refuses to do so against violent criminals (its own police come to mind.) It is not a legitimate authority.

Christ's Word

No kidding. And you being the buffoon you are think that having police arrest a murderer and take him before a judge and jury is unjust.

So Nick, why do you think when anyone questions Government wrongdoing they are labeled an anarchist?

Saying Lois Lerner should go to jail is a far cry from anarchy.

Daniel1611

Millitarized police are a danger. Especially now that every other day there's a new video of police beating or murdering someone for no reason.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Millitarized police are a danger. Especially now that every other day there's a new video of police beating or murdering someone for no reason.

Can you show them on youtube....say the last 21 days since it happens every day? Thanks in advance.

journey

The police make millions of contacts every day - many involving armed and dangerous suspects. Equipment is purchased for them to have a chance in protecting themselves and the public. One mistake out of millions of professionally handled contacts is sensationalized - even if it isn't a mistake and before investigations are complete. Criminals get much better treatment than the police, and it appears that criminals have rights that the police don't have.

THall

The police make millions of contacts every day - many involving armed and dangerous suspects. Equipment is purchased for them to have a chance in protecting themselves and the public. One mistake out of millions of professionally handled contacts is sensationalized - even if it isn't a mistake and before investigations are complete. Criminals get much better treatment than the police, and it appears that criminals have rights that the police don't have.

You're in denial bud.
I have trained more
L.E. Officers than I
can count, and about
35 percent are dirty.
This country has a problem
with corrupt abusive police
and corrupt prosecutors.
Wake up.

Google is your friend.
Try "Code of Silence".

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You're in denial bud.
I have trained more
L.E. Officers than I
can count,
So, at least two then. :plain:

and about
35 percent are dirty.
Baloney. Just assumed, made up nonsense that couldn't be rationally confused with a rule even if you could sustain the anecdote.

This country has a problem
with corrupt abusive police
and corrupt prosecutors.
Any corrupt officer of the court is a problem for every, to be sure. As is the sort of make believe horsefeathers you taint the larger part with or attempt to.

Take a course in statistics and dial down rhetoric that no reasonable human being should give credit to as it stands.