ECT the Sixth Hour in John 19:14.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Untellectual,
re: "I am talking about the phrase as a whole and the usage of the word 'now'."

Unless you're just messin' with me, you're going to have to explain how the word "now" in front of "on the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus..." makes the phrase not mean that the disciples came to the Messiah on the first day of unleavened bread.
I am telling you it may not be the only understanding of the verse. I believe Jesus was crucified the day before the first day of unleavened bread. And I believe that day, sixth hour or not, the leaven would have already been removed from homes and the Passover sacrifices would have (then), except that there was darkness, somehow all been sacrificed there in Jerusalem according to the law.

0scar

Jesus is on trial at Pilate´s by noon (sixth hour) and afternoon, eventually being sentenced to the cross and severelly wiped.
John 19:14-16

Jesus is already crucififed by the 9am (third hour)
Matk 15:21-25
WORD OF GOD

in John 19:14-16 Pilate is at the Gabatha

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is on trial at Pilate´s by noon (sixth hour) and afternoon, eventually being sentenced to the cross and severelly wiped.

WORD OF GOD

yes

rstrats

Oscar,

re: "this the topic, the only topic: the Sixth Hour in John 19:14. everything else is offtopic and is not permited by the rules"

I guess I'm not understanding you. I thought you are making a case for the trial on one calendar day, and the crucifixion on a different calendar day.

0scar

Jesus is on trial at Pilate´s (Gabatha) by noon (sixth hour) and afternoon, eventually being sentenced to the cross and severelly wiped.

Jesus is already crucififed (Golgotha) by the 9am (third hour)

WORD OF GOD

oatmeal

Sorry for that. It is a pity that VP W pass away without having the chance to know what I know about Christ pasion. Was him the founder of any denomination? Is him the "big name" in your denomination?

No problem, I became aware of his heart's work, that is to learn scripture without preconceived notions while still in 2nd or 3rd grade of parochial school.

I wanted that too.

He learned from as many outstanding Christians of his time that he could.

He simply wanted to know what God intended scripture to teach, without denominational or any other kind of bias whatsoever.

God worked in his heart and he founded The Way International.

I had reached some conclusions about scripture based on my learning and was rather humbled about how much more he added to my knowledge and conclusions. He dedicated his life to rightly divide the word of truth. II Timothy 2:15

Yet his works were always a work in progress, for God's word is so rich that we cannot learn all that is available to learn from it.

He spent decades with the help of many sources and resources to write his books, books that are truly landmarks in Biblical research, yet he would have been the first to admit how much he learned from others.

He left behind much.

rstrats

Oscar,

re: "Jesus is on trial at Pilate´s (Gabatha) by noon (sixth hour) and afternoon, eventually being sentenced to the cross and severelly wiped. John 19:14-16 Jesus is already crucififed (Golgotha) by the 9am (third hour) Matk 15:21-25"

Are you saying that the trial took place on one calendar day whereas the crucifixion took place on a different calendar day?

0scar

Oscar,

re: "Jesus is on trial at Pilate´s (Gabatha) by noon (sixth hour) and afternoon, eventually being sentenced to the cross and severelly wiped. John 19:14-16 Jesus is already crucififed (Golgotha) by the 9am (third hour) Matk 15:21-25"

Are you saying that the trial took place on one calendar day whereas the crucifixion took place on a different calendar day?

The second trial with Pilates took place a different day of the crucifixion.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is on trial at Pilate´s (Gabatha) by noon (sixth hour) and afternoon, eventually being sentenced to the cross and severelly wiped.

Jesus is already crucififed (Golgotha) by the 9am (third hour)

WORD OF GOD
Here is what Mark says:

Mark 15:25 NASB - It was the third hour when they crucified Him.

Mark 15:33 NASB - When the sixth hour came, darkness fell over the whole land until the ninth hour.

Mark 15:34 NASB - At the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, "ELOI, ELOI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?" which is translated, "MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?"

0scar

Here is what Mark says:

Mark 15:25 NASB - It was the third hour when they crucified Him.

Mark 15:33 NASB - When the sixth hour came, darkness fell over the whole land until the ninth hour.

Mark 15:34 NASB - At the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, "ELOI, ELOI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?" which is translated, "MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?"

are you saying that John is wrong?
John 19:13 Therefore when Pilate heard these words, he brought Jesus out, and sat down on the judgment seat at a place called The Pavement, but in Hebrew, Gabbatha. 14 Now it was the day of preparation for the Passover; it was about the sixth hour.
(NASB)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
are you saying that John is wrong?
John 19:13 Therefore when Pilate heard these words, he brought Jesus out, and sat down on the judgment seat at a place called The Pavement, but in Hebrew, Gabbatha. 14 Now it was the day of preparation for the Passover; it was about the sixth hour.
(NASB)
My understanding may be wrong, even my understanding about John.

rstrats

Oscar,

re: "The second trial with Pilates took place a different day of the crucifixion."

OK, so on what day of the month did the trial take place?

rstrats

Oscar,

re: "I will be very happy to answer that in proper thread. open one."

Exactly why is this not the proper thread? The thread title is "the Sixth Hour in John 19:14." In your 1st post you wrote: "Jesus was at the Gabbatha, that is the Judgemnet Hall of Pilate; and was at the sixth hour..." I am asking on what day of the month that sixth hour occured? What is your reason for starting this topic?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The verse is John 19:14 and this refers to the sixth hour. This is important to past discussions about Jesus' crucifixion, and the hours of the day (or hours of the days as I say here that Oscar would have to put it if Oscar stays with the interpretation that Oscar has put forth).

rstrats

Oscar,

re: "do you agree on that Jesus was at the Gabatha by noon and not yet sentenced to the cross?"

Yes, if the 6th hour mentioned in John 19:14 is referring to noon. What is your reason for asking?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

WORD OF GOD

Something is not right here.