Hurting People On TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
I didn't say it was always a request. But sometimes it is, and when it is, it does not have to be to God alone.
Your statement "A prayer is a request." implies just that.

God explicitly forbids attempts to contact DEAD PEOPLE. You can deny that all you want; that doesn't change the truth.

Can I ask YOU to pray for me? I am sure you would say "Yes". There is nothing wrong with me asking somone else to pray for me. That is a "request". So when we pray to the Saints, we request that they pray for us. Its that simple.
It is perfectly legitimate to ask A LIVE PERSON that you can TALK TO to pray for you. It is completely different to ATTEMPT TO CONTACT DEAD PEOPLE. Get it straight.

Now I already know what is buzzing in your brain: "Yes, but you are not praying to me when you ask me to pray for you." Was I right?

Okay, this goes back to what I said earlier. When we say we pray "to" the saints, it is the archaic Old English form of the word we are using.
Twist it all that you want. That is simply nonsense.

In Old English, the phrase "Pray thee", or its contraction "Prithee" was often used the way we might say "Would you please......". For example, we might say "Please open your door", whereas in Old English they might say, "Prithee open thy door", or "Pray thee, open thy door". Therefore, when we "pray" to saints we are making a request to them, which is: Please pray for us. We are asking them to pray for us.
Once again, God strictly forbids ATTEMPTS TO CONTACT DEAD PEOPLE. The penalty was death by stoning.

musterion

CC is just like Meshak. Even though CC sees the Word of God as plainly stated, he can't afford even the slightest ray of light breaking through his mental conditioning since it will start a cascade effect: "If Rome is wrong on idolatry, then what else might Rome be wrong about?" Since he doesn't want to risk that, he doesn't even allow the process to start...even though he really does understand what God said. So he twists what he can, denies what he can't and ignores the rest.

His faith is in men; he has made flesh his strength. His self-hardness of mind and heart will make his condemnation all the greater, lest he repent.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
......It is perfectly legitimate to ask A LIVE PERSON that you can TALK TO to pray for you. It is completely different to ATTEMPT TO CONTACT DEAD PEOPLE. Get it straight...........

1) People in heaven are alive. In fact, they are more alive than we are.

2) OT "Divination" prohibition prohibits trying to get the departed to talk to you. We do not do that. As I recently just told another Bible illiterate, we do not try to "divine" things, rather our requests go up, and through God the angels and saints hear them.

.........Even though CC sees the Word of God as plainly stated, he can't afford even the slightest ray of light breaking through his mental conditioning.........

LOL! As usual, you do not deal in facts, you deal in bigotry. And of course, ignorance. I have caught you in so many lies that it would make Satan himself blush.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
I trust Jesus and you guys don't. You rely on heavily on Paul's teachings. Your Lord is not Jesus.

You should be calling yourselves Paul's followers instead of Jesus' followers.

never heard of "Paul's followers" in my life. That's a new one for me. I have to include Scriptures written by Paul inspired by God. All 66 books are inspired by God.

Do other JW leave out books that don't have the red letters?

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It is not gospel, and there are not much of Jesus' teachings in it. So I don't take book of acts seriously.

and you are on ignore again. Your comments don't worth reading and replying.

good day.

Do you think the 4 gospels is the gospel of salvation?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
never heard of "Paul's followers" in my life. That's a new one for me.

I am unique because it is very rare in mainstreamers site. I actually honor Jesus' teaching unlike you true and saved Christians.

Do other JW leave out books that don't have the red letters?

Why don't you go to their kingdom hole and ask them yourself? Don't be so lazy.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I am unique because it is very rare in mainstreamers site. I actually honor Jesus' teaching unlike you true and saved Christians.

I just gave you a neg-rep Hitome! Is that okay with you and the Watchtower?

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
well, it started with jerzy saying i had "hurt" him

it's kinda gone off in different directions lately though :idunno:

maybe jerzy will come back and explain

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

Not going anywhere near their Kingdom hole is the opposite of being lazy. It's being guided by the Holy Spirit, Himself, that arranges circumstances that makes me steer away from reprobates however He see fit at His own time and place. God promises His children from Satan's harm. God guarantees the regenerated salvation when Jesus comes. JW comes to my door like zombies from the dead. Hypnotized from the Kingdom Hall's propaganda cult leaders and not know the terrible past mistakes of the watchtower magazines loaded with the world's greatest lies. I have a no soliciting sign on my door and they walk away under extreme guilt that they hope to earn salvation by selling magazines instead of proclaiming the Gospel that they don't know.

How did I give you the impression that I'm a saved Christian after just quoting bible quotes alone. Like I said, you gambled and roll the dice hoping you might get lucky and accuse me of claiming myself a saved Christian. No Calvinist say that. All they say is the bible quotes themselves that contains the word elects or saved. If you pay attention, you wouldn't have an addiction to gambling and guessing and creating rumors on other Christ wanna be.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You are too lazy to find out yourself what they believe instead of rely on hearsays and gossips.

You are coward.

Are you being obedient to the Lord by acting like this? You always
brag about how obedient you are to Jesus, right? Are you being
a hypocrite? I think so!

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You are too lazy to find out yourself what they believe instead of rely on hearsays and gossips.

You are coward.

Nope, I've done my homework on the anti trinitarians Opposite of lazy, I've lost valuable time reading why the JW are cults. Moving away from cults is the opposite of cowardliness. I bet you can't quit your cultic talk.

20090919_gambleBig.jpg

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Nope, I've done my homework on the anti trinitarians Opposite of lazy, I've lost valuable time reading why the JW are cults. Moving away from cults is the opposite of cowardliness. I bet you can't quit your cultic talk.

20090919_gambleBig.jpg

You believe what you want to believe.

good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.