ECT Why shouldn't I convert from Evangelical Protestant to Catholic?

God's Truth

Really? The documents that make up the New Testament were NOT written by men...? :think:

Yes---"As Peter [a man] says." Thus, Peter's teachings are---according to your earlier claims---"the teachings of men," right?

Yup, written by Paul, another man. In your "logic," then, Paul taught "teachings of men." Correct?

Already answered.

We don't need to continue this discussion. Given that you've rejected the central doctrine of the Christian faith (the Trinity), it's really no surprise that you refuse to accept various other historical Christian teachings. I find debates with non-Christians over specifically Christian doctrines to generally be a waste of time and effort. I do hope and pray that you come to accept God the Father as he has revealed his nature in and through his Divine Son Jesus Christ, in the power of his Holy Spirit. God bless.

You thought your false Catholic religion brought something wonderful to the world with the false trinity doctrine.

Your Catholic church is a haunt for evil spirits.

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
You thought your false Catholic religion brought something wonderful to the world with the false trinity doctrine.

Your Catholic church is a haunt for evil spirits.

A warning for you has been requested to the mods. I wont tolerate your filthy mouth any longer lady.
To everyone else, please feel free to complain to the mods also, three warnings results in a ban I believe.
Go to her post, top right of her post is a red button, click and input reason, send, done.

Last edited:
A warning for you has been requested to the mods. I wont tolerate your filthy mouth any longer lady.
To everyone else, please feel free to complain to the mods also, three warnings results in a ban I believe.
Go to her post, top right of her post is a red button, click and input reason, send, done.

I'd rather put people on Ignore than have them banned. Banning is taking away their first amendment rights. I have the person in question on Ignore.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Either post your proof for this claim, or have the intellectual honesty to retract it.
The perpetual virginity dogma was a lie.

Weird, since this cites numerous sources in support of eternal damnation throughout Christian history---LONG before Aquinas lived in the 13th century. So much for your ridiculous claims.
Augustine did not teach eternal damnation; that was Aquinas' job. The Latin and Greek documents do not describe unending punishment in hell without mistranslation.

Again, go ahead and post your proof.
No, post yours without laming out. The catholic church does also teach both limbo and unending torment. You guys are aren't consistent enough to pretend or rather usurp the older East Orthodox church.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
That same site has common Roman Catholic lies about the masonic lodge. Considering how the Catholic and British elite used the masons to provoke a civil war, they don't [want] their membership in there.

Last edited:

Cruciform

You thought your false Catholic religion brought something wonderful to the world with the false trinity doctrine. Your Catholic church is a haunt for evil spirits.
  • Your complete inability to provide any substantive response to Post #953 is noted.
  • Also, as they come from a non-Christian, your opinions here amount to exactly nothing.

Cruciform

The perpetual virginity dogma was a lie.
So, then, you have no actual proof whatsoever. That's what I thought.

Augustine did not teach eternal damnation; that was Aquinas' job. The Latin and Greek documents do not describe unending punishment in hell without mistranslation.
Post your proof.

So, then, you have no actual proof whatsoever. That's what I thought.

The catholic church does also teach both limbo and unending torment.
Limbo, no; eternal punishment, yes. Get your facts straight.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Catholic teaching on marriage is evil. A person could be married for years to someone, then have it annulled as if it never happened.
Just so we're all clear, the following is what you're calling evil, correct?
1626 The Church holds the exchange of consent between the spouses to be the indispensable element that makes the marriage. If consent is lacking there is no marriage.

1628 The consent must be an act of the will of each of the contracting parties, free of coercion or grave external fear. No human power can substitute for this consent. If this freedom is lacking the marriage is invalid.

1629 For this reason (or for other reasons that render the marriage null and void) the Church, after an examination of the situation by the competent ecclesiastical tribunal, can declare the nullity of a marriage, i.e., that the marriage never existed.

Catechism of the Catholic Church

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
That same site has common Roman Catholic lies about the masonic lodge. Considering how the Catholic and British elite used the masons to provoke a civil war, they don't their membership in there.

Fail.
Jehovah's Witness' history lessons based on FACT never were their strong point lol. :dunce:

journey

I'd rather put people on Ignore than have them banned. Banning is taking away their first amendment rights. I have the person in question on Ignore.

TOL is a privately owned and operated forum, and there is no right to be here. Further, there are no first amendment rights here. Continued membership and posting here is contingent on obeying the forum rules. I doubt this specific case will result in a warning, but I don't speak for the administration of TOL.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

You need to refresh yourself on the rules here. Your not liking what someone says is not a banable offense.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55933

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I see irony was lost on you.

For your reference it was at the end of GT's thread.

Your permission for me to continue with the thread is not really necessary, but thanks none the less.

I dont care what you do with a year old thread where i put the person on ignore and left them there, and apparently you dont want to do that, but ive noted not to give you any advice in the future

RichRock

BANNED
Banned
The first action the believers took in the Upper room, waiting for the Promised Holy Spirit, was to vote a successor to Judas who fell away and died. Scripture says: "Let another take his office."

Paul himself is shown to have become an apostle by degrees:
first he is baptized and joins the community. Then he is "sent" by the church. After some time, he is ordained by a ceremony consisting of "fasting and prayer and the laying on of the hands of the presbyters" and fasting does not happen very quickly!

After his ordination, his name is changed from Saul and he now "sends" and ordains others such as Timothy and Titus.

This shows the succession of ordination as Paul is a bishop and Apostle but not one of the original 12 as are Timothy, Silas, Titus, etc.

I would say the biblical representation along with the first extra-biblical writings of the Apostolic Fathers, show there definitely existed this very succession. Eastern Orthodoxy is on their 269th succession of Patriarch or so (I just heard that on EWTN earlier today).

So, both East and West have this unbroken line, which gives them a valid Eucharist and valid priesthood.

Good points, thanks for posting and welcome to the thread :)