Hello from Eastern TN

RevNuTemplar

Hello all. I am an ordained minister church owner, (non preaching and the church is just an office space) and own two christian non profit humanitarian missions that are just starting up, its all new to me so I am learning as I go. I am not a old style fire and brimstone type preacher (but I am beginning to think we need more of those) am instead a more by the gospels kind of preacher, and am perhaps too much live and let live. By too much if a preacher is too nice I think it can lead to the rationalizing away the difficult choices and not making the hard decisions to do what is necessary to save ones soul. Due to my liberal attitude, I do not preach right now for that reason as well as I have not decided my to a degree of 100% my beleifs on the details of traditional Christianity. Of course I am in full agreement about the core issues with normal Christians, even my hard core fire and brimstone brothers and sisters of the cloth and non clergy christians. Well God bless all of you. I hope to be an asset to this forum. If I ain't I will leave ha ha ~ just kidding you guys will run me out eh? I hope you all 'get' my sarcasm!

NuRev

RevNuTemplar

Thank you! Usually before I join I lurk, this time I made an exception! Ha ha...Hey Mr Knight how many posts must I make before I can display a custom avatar?

NuRev

RevNuTemplar

Thanks tambora! Love your sig. I too am a bible and gun owner (I have several,) and one of those nutty survivalists, who beleives its better to be self sufficient and if possible off the grid capable (but I realize most can not or don't want to be THAT* self sufficient! ha ha). I finally paid off my city home and then the land and now am too broke to do more than lay out the foundation of my dream abode! Anyway I love this forums speed and so far its members~

God bless you

nurev

I use caps for emphasis and do other unusual things like sign my posts I hope its not too irritating to my new friends?

RevNuTemplar

You need over 50 AND two weeks of membership.

Thanks Knight the 50 is doable in a few days the two weeks will take ummm' two weeks! Even donors don't get off the hook? (just kidding I hate bribes and the love of money*), that's one thing that makes our justice system so awful, well unless you are OJ.

nurev~

* 1 Timothy 6:10

Samstarrett

Benvenuti.

Caps for emphasis generally annoy me. Italics, bold, or underline are much better. Signing your posts is fine, though.

RevNuTemplar

Hello, :e4e: . Eastern TN is where I am from, Grainger County. Welcome to the site.

Hi neighbor! I am from Carter County, if you are ever in Elizabethton look north on a dark night. Those are the Churches and missions crosses, well Gods really (not to be confused with the City's crosses looking east). My father and I put them up in 1986 and illuminated them with a modest thousand watts of light. Hey God bless you and thanks for your reply...

nurev

RevNuTemplar

Benvenuti.

Caps for emphasis generally annoy me. Italics, bold, or underline are much better. Signing your posts is fine, though.

Thanks for the heads up, when I reply to you I will be sure to indicate that the caps are for emphasis, its an old habit, if I remember I will attempt to not use them. Its slower to use bolding etc than caps. And I spend too much time at the computers as it is! When I received my first computer I had dial up etc. And I wondered what is wrong with all those people that were concerned with speed, I mean whats a few seconds? Now I know, those seconds add up to hours and days! Ha ha eh? Thanks for your reply !

nurev

Quincy

Hi neighbor! I am from Carter County, if you are ever in Elizabethton look north on a dark night. Those are the Churches and missions crosses, well Gods really (not to be confused with the City's crosses looking east). My father and I put them up in 1986 and illuminated them with a modest thousand watts of light. Hey God bless you and thanks for your reply...

nurev

:chuckle: I actually frequent Johnson City rather often so I'll keep that in mind next time I head there.

Lovejoy

Thanks Knight the 50 is doable in a few days the two weeks will take ummm' two weeks! Even donors don't get off the hook? (just kidding I hate bribes and the love of money*), that's one thing that makes our justice system so awful, well unless you are OJ.

nurev~

* 1 Timothy 6:10

Nah, if you subscribe to the site, I believe you bypass all those limitations. I paid upfront for the year.

RevNuTemplar

:chuckle: I actually frequent Johnson City rather often so I'll keep that in mind next time I head there.

Wonderful! I must get over across the river and adjust the timer (the lights go off around 4am!) I should of known better to replace the photo cell with a timer! I thought it would save a few bucks, but in the long run its cost more money because now the lights come on in the day around 5pm ! Anyway the best way to locate them is to go up 19e towards hampton out of elizabethton. Drive to the state line market (everyone in E town knows where that is). Then head back to Elizabathton (you will be going in a northerly direction). Just have a look in low in the sky and you will see them, they are visible for miles. One time the police was called because in the fog they looked like a UFO ha ha~ Another time a black friend of a friend thought they were KKK crosses, that kind of saddens me tho'.

nurev

RevNuTemplar

Nah, if you subscribe to the site, I believe you bypass all those limitations. I paid upfront for the year.

Thanks for the heads up! I am sure I will love it here, however I don't know if the feeling will be mutual, eh? I want to make a thread or interact with a few of the more aggressive members before I subscribe, however I always donate to a good site. (as well as endorse a advertiser or two)

nurev

Quincy

Wonderful! I must get over across the river and adjust the timer (the lights go off around 4am!) I should of known better to replace the photo cell with a timer! I thought it would save a few bucks, but in the long run its cost more money because now the lights come on in the day around 5pm ! Anyway the best way to locate them is to go up 19e towards hampton out of elizabethton. Drive to the state line market (everyone in E town knows where that is). Then head back to Elizabathton (you will be going in a northerly direction). Just have a look in low in the sky and you will see them, they are visible for miles. One time the police was called because in the fog they looked like a UFO ha ha~ Another time a black friend of a friend thought they were KKK crosses, that kind of saddens me tho'.

nurev

Wow, I really want to see them now. I'm glad that you warned me they can appear to be UFOs haha. I can see me driving around trying to find them and thinking I just saw a UFO :chuckle: . I'd be calling up all my friends and telling them "Finally! You mocked me but no longer!" I will definitely look for them next time I'm in the area, doesn't sound to hard to find.

Krsto

Hello all. I am an ordained minister church owner, (non preaching and the church is just an office space) and own two christian non profit humanitarian missions that are just starting up, its all new to me so I am learning as I go. I am not a old style fire and brimstone type preacher (but I am beginning to think we need more of those) am instead a more by the gospels kind of preacher, and am perhaps too much live and let live. By too much if a preacher is too nice I think it can lead to the rationalizing away the difficult choices and not making the hard decisions to do what is necessary to save ones soul. Due to my liberal attitude, I do not preach right now for that reason as well as I have not decided my to a degree of 100% my beleifs on the details of traditional Christianity. Of course I am in full agreement about the core issues with normal Christians, even my hard core fire and brimstone brothers and sisters of the cloth and non clergy christians. Well God bless all of you. I hope to be an asset to this forum. If I ain't I will leave ha ha ~ just kidding you guys will run me out eh? I hope you all 'get' my sarcasm!

NuRev

Howdy Rev. I'm from Washington :jawdrop: No, not that Washington - the one on the left coast.

What's your vision for your church?

RevNuTemplar

Wow, I really want to see them now. I'm glad that you warned me they can appear to be UFOs haha. I can see me driving around trying to find them and thinking I just saw a UFO :chuckle: . I'd be calling up all my friends and telling them "Finally! You mocked me but no longer!" I will definitely look for them next time I'm in the area, doesn't sound to hard to find.

Ha ha yes indeed! Well I experiment with the lighting using different bulbs and such. I so much wanted to use a red flood for the center cross to represent our beloved being crucified, but due to my health another year passed without me getting up there to change it! Back when the UFO was called in I had just installed a brilliant mercury sodium (street light) 2000 watt in the center receptacle, little did I know the thing pulled that much power, but it sure was pretty! I think the blinding blue white light made it look strange...

Today I have the well known spot and flood lights etc installed to strike a happy medium in cost of electricity vs lighting. I must admit I am not happy with them now but I am lucky just to have the money for the electric bill etc! Maybe If I decide to accept donations I will upgrade the lighting but have not had the OK from upstairs yet.

Hey thanks for the reply, that they might comfort someone or get an unbeliever to think about Jesus/God late one night is why they exist.

nurev