ECT The Gospel in Romans 10

StanJ

Danoh, STP, Stan, and Tambora, why do you fight me just for saying to obey Jesus?
Satan does not teach that Tambora.

I won't speak for others, but as far as I am concerned, I refute you because you say things that need to be refuted, AND you are judgemental to a lot of people. If you can't receive instruction then you will be rebuked. That is the nature of online forums.

God's Truth

I won't speak for others, but as far as I am concerned, I refute you because you say things that need to be refuted, AND you are judgemental to a lot of people. If you can't receive instruction then you will be rebuked. That is the nature of online forums.

You keep insulting and cannot defend what you believe.

I will ask you again:

Why do you go against someone for preaching obedience to Christ?

God's Truth

That's a fair question.

Not that you will like, let alone, consider, actually exploring its answer.

Its very simple: you insist on the need to obey Jesus' Words in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, as if they were to the Body. They are not.

Of course, it is to the body. When Jesus walked the earth, he gave the guidelines for the New Covenant. When Jesus shed his blood on the cross, it was the blood of the covenant.

John 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Did you read that?

When we believe in Jesus it is as drinking his blood.

When we obey Jesus it is as eating his flesh.

When we drink his blood and eat his flesh, Jesus gives us pure water to drink, the pure water is the Holy Spirit. That is when we are in him and he is in us. That is what Jesus spoke to his disciples about WHEN HE WAS ON EARTH.

Again, Jesus taught the NEW COVENANT and the guidelines while on earth.

You also insist on the need to obey the Word of those He taught said obedience to, in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, as if said instruction were to the Body. It is not.

What you need to do is continue your question.

Here is a question of my own - if He sent the Twelve to all nations in Matthew 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, and Acts 1, and then empowered them from on High, with the ability to carry that out, why then the need for another Apostle?

Can you answer that with a passage or passages of Scripture that relate exactly why the need for another Apostle? Do that with verses that clearly answer this question, and you'll see why I have just said all that I have in this post.

Why not another Apostle?

Ephesians 3:1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles—

2 Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets.

Did you read that? Paul says the mystery revealed to God's holy apostles, not just to Paul. It was not just a new special way of salvation from Paul to the Gentiles.

1 Timothy 1:15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

Did you see that? Paul says he was saved and made an apostle to display God's immense patience as an EXAMPLE to others.

So that other people with the worst of sins could know that they too can be saved.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why do you go against someone for preaching obedience to Christ?

Hypocrite. You do it. The resurrected Lord Jesus Christ gave new instruction since Matthew 23. Then again, you don't obey Matthew 23, you hypocrite actress liar.

Danoh

The four gospels are separate portraits of the Lord Jesus with reference to His various relationships and offices. For instance, the gospel of John is the revelation of God who came not to judge but to save the world.

The gospel of Matthew records His advent and ministry as Israel's promised Messiah.

However, in the gospel of John we read some trans-dispensational truths, such as this one:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Danoh, do you believe that the Jews who lived under the law were saved when they believed in the Lord Jesus?

Or are you going to run and hide as you usually do when asked a question about the meaning of the Scriptures?

Put me down for the run and hide list.

You'll have to find someone else to either bait into your obvious, actual agenda, or to share agreement on an issue with you only to have you turn it into the service of your agenda.

Everyone on here knows this about you and your new found buddy, but you and said new found, same exact agenda buddy, Tetelestai.

Danoh

Of course, it is to the body. When Jesus walked the earth, he gave the guidelines for the New Covenant. When Jesus shed his blood on the cross, it was the blood of the covenant.

John 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Did you read that?

When we believe in Jesus it is as drinking his blood.

When we obey Jesus it is as eating his flesh.

When we drink his blood and eat his flesh, Jesus gives us pure water to drink, the pure water is the Holy Spirit. That is when we are in him and he is in us. That is what Jesus spoke to his disciples about WHEN HE WAS ON EARTH.

Again, Jesus taught the NEW COVENANT and the guidelines while on earth.

Why not another Apostle?

Ephesians 3:1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles—

2 Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3 that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets.

Did you read that? Paul says the mystery revealed to God's holy apostles, not just to Paul. It was not just a new special way of salvation from Paul to the Gentiles.

1 Timothy 1:15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

Did you see that? Paul says he was saved and made an apostle to display God's immense patience as an EXAMPLE to others.

So that other people with the worst of sins could know that they too can be saved.

No wonder you hold to your Adventist views about how "only the ceremonial cleansings part of the Law was put away."

Those passages you quoted; misinterpreted, also by you... as usual.

God's Truth

No wonder you hold to your Adventist views about how "only the ceremonial cleansings part of the Law was put away."

Those passages you quoted; misinterpreted, also by you... as usual.

All you have are personal opinions, which are worthless.

Let us debate the scriptures and not hear your worthless opinions.

Who care about your opinions?

Lets talk about the Word of God.

God's Truth

Hypocrite. You do it. The resurrected Lord Jesus Christ gave new instruction since Matthew 23. Then again, you don't obey Matthew 23, you hypocrite actress liar.

Jesus' words stand forever.

Jesus did not come to earth and do all that teaching and miracles and then nullify them with new teachings to Paul.

That is beyond ludicrous.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus' words stand forever.

Jesus did not come to earth and do all that teaching and miracles and then nullify them with new teachings to Paul.

That is beyond ludicrous.
All you have are personal opinions, which are worthless.

Let us debate the scriptures and not hear your worthless opinions.

Who care about your opinions?

Lets talk about the Word of God.

(This is fun.)

Jerry Shugart

Put me down for the run and hide list.

That was a foreknown conclusion. You refuse to defend your mistaken ideas.

Despite the fact that you should believe that the Jews under the law were saved by faith apart from works you cling with all your might to what some men say about the Scriptures instead of what the Scriptures actually say.

But you cannot hide from the LORD.

He knows who puts more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than they do in what the Scriptures actually say.

Your final authority is the teaching of those within the Neo-MAD community and not the Bible.

Danoh

That was a foreknown conclusion. You refuse to defend your mistaken ideas.

Despite the fact that you should believe that the Jews under the law were saved by faith apart from works you cling with all your might to what some men say about the Scriptures instead of what the Scriptures actually say.

But you cannot hide from the LORD.

He knows who puts more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than they do in what the Scriptures actually say.

Your final authority is the teaching of those within the Neo-MAD community and not the Bible.

"Let me see; now how might I answer Danoh in a way that will allow my sneaking in my agenda once more.... hmmm, I need to find a way to word my response in a way that once more focuses on this issue I believe I can prove to others I am one of a kind within Mid-Acts through - that all are wrong and only I Jerry, am right - ah yes, got it; thanks Danoh; you helped my agenda anyway - ah yes, I will be like the most high after all..."

Jerry Shugart

"Let me see; now how might I answer Danoh in a way that will allow my sneaking in my agenda once more.... hmmm, I need to find a way to word my response in a way that once more focuses on this issue I believe I can prove to others I am one of a kind within Mid-Acts through - that all are wrong and only I Jerry, am right - ah yes, got it; thanks Danoh; you helped my agenda anyway - ah yes, I will be like the most high after all..."

That is not going to help you before the Lord. He can see that you put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures actually say.

You criticize me for doing exactly what Paul told us to do:

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Tim.4:2-4).​

The Lord knows that you have been shown the truth but yet you refuse to believe. You will have no excuse for your unbelief when you come face to face with the Lord.

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes when that happens.

Danoh

That is not going to help you before the Lord. He can see that you put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures actually say.

You criticize me for doing exactly what Paul told us to do:

"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables" (2 Tim.4:2-4).​

The Lord knows that you have been shown the truth but yet you refuse to believe. You will have no excuse for your unbelief when you come face to face with the Lord.

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes when that happens.

You won't be - you'll be on the Earth in your Body returns to Earth error.

The Lord might as well not have bothered with raising up another Apostle.

Okay, Acts 2 dinosaur.

God's Truth

:thumb:

There is a lot there, for sure. Something for everyone I guess you could say. It's like when people jump to the conclusion that "confess" is talking about sin. It isn't, of course. It's acknowledging something, and that something is critical....the very deity of Christ. The very thing that people like Keypurr keep denying. The same with the word "believe". In order to "believe unto righteousness", it has to be something very specific. The very thing people like God's UNtruth keep denying.

Can you stop talking about me so much?

God's Truth

Jerry, you are the perfect example of an educated idiot. What you preach out of your textbooks wouldn't pass for preaching the Gospel on any street corner in the world.

So, when you write a letter home, does your mother begin reading in the middle of the letter, where you talk about shooting a moose, so she then has to wonder what kind of an animal a moose might be? You don't notice that Romans 1 and Romans 3 and Romans 5 come before Romans 10? Paul first speaks of the Gospel in chapter 1, and he mentions it by name in Romans 10. Yet, you deny it's there?

By golly, you have a point. :kookoo:

It's why we have a preacher. The unsaved have to know who Christ is before they hear that He died for our sins. Who is He that we have to "confess" Him in order to be saved? Romans 10:9 He is God come in the flesh. You'll have to show them John 1:1 and John 1:14. They need to hear what sin is and how it separates us from God. That brings you to the LAW and Romans 10:4. His death burial and resurrection are what we are to "believe". Romans 10:9.

You're reading into that verse just like you read into so many others. Who Christ is must always come first and I'm sure Paul knew that.

Must be why Paul says what one must do to be saved. :readthis:

Romans 10:9-13
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

I use this chapter all the time to preach the Gospel. I tell LA and Keypurr that confessing the LORD JESUS means to acknowledge He is God with us...come in the flesh....who came down from heaven to dwell among us. Then I give them verses to prove it. I tell others to "believe in your heart" is not the same as head knowledge, but is being "fully persuaded" of our Lord's resurrection from the dead. And I explain that to "believe unto righteousness" is justification by faith....which Paul expounds on in this very chapter. I use that verse all the time on God's UNtruth who tries to claim she can "obey" unto righteousness. Romans 10 is actually one of the best chapters to use when preaching the Gospel, and I see people using it all the time. But not you...oh no.

If you think you can preach the Gospel using a few verses from 1 Cor. 15, you may as well stay in that classroom and pass out a bunch of failing grades to your pupils. The Gospel is there in Romans 10, Jerry, with justification by faith. I see it even if you don't.

Romans 10:14-15
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!​

I am not even the one you are replying to, yet you keep talking about me.

God's Truth

It sounds like you know him better than I do. I have been on some go rounds with him that always go nowhere, so you'd think I'd learn. He may have to join God'sUNtruth on my ignore list, then they'd have even more in common than they already do. :AoO:

God's Truth

What? Mankind as a whole? Some of them might actually be unbelievers? Oh my.

I simply cannot take you seriously enough to wade through your entire rant, Jerry. Take away the scripture verses and we see Swaggering Jerry. You have lost all credibility by claiming I said what I didn't. You are really quite similar to God's UNtruth.... smarter, but just as bad at twisting what the other poster has written, and just as bad about thinking you know it all. That's a shame.

:blabla: :blabla: :blabla:

God's Truth

So, in other words. You can't prove me wrong in Romans, so you jump over to 1 John 1?

Ever heard of the Royal "WE", Jerry? Like "we" need a bath, today." Or it's time for OUR bath..... when talking to someone in an old folks home, for instance? "We" both are not taking a bath. :chuckle:

I like how you ignore, "If we SAY....." You're hung up on the royal "we" and ignore the important word, "SAY". John is comparing those who claim what they do not have with those who actually have it. Case in point (God's UNtruth) - "If we say we are saved by obeying, we have not the truth in us." She walks in darkness and claims what she does not have. The TRUTH is not IN her.

The example you keep giving of Peter is just as nonsensical as your other examples. You're fishing without any real bait.