ECT Part 2 : Pisteuo , the secret of the universe.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
When I was young, nothing much was expected of me, but then later I fell in a hole, and I wondered how that could happen.

I only got out of it when I began to exercise myself in that which a new creature is well capable of.

Jesus did not take His Father for granted during His ministry because He had learnt obedience through the things He suffered previous to His being sent after His baptism and anointing.

The Psalms are full of His experiences.

LA

I'm pretty good at reading between lines LA. How does that translate into NT pisteuo?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What is faith only? Can you explain?

It is very popular or accepted doctrine of most churches. They teach that you don't have to follow or obey Jesus for salvation. All you need is faith for salvation.

they refuse to accept faith without deeds is dead.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
It is very popular or accepted doctrine of most churches. They teach that you don't have to follow or obey Jesus for salvation. All you need is faith for salvation.

they refuse to accept faith without deeds is dead.

Thats why i'm working this thread. Most if not nearly all people don't even know what "Faith" or "Faithing" is.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

I'm going to post on this thread ,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

The English misrtranslation of the Greek word "pisteuo".
Romans 10:11: For the Scripture says, " Whoever "believes" (mistranslation) on Him will never be put to shame."

The corrected translation of the Greek word "pisteuo."
Romans 10:11: For the Scripture says, " Whoever Commits their lives" (pisteuo) unto Him will never be put to shame."

Pisteuo is the NT faith that saves. God has literally done everything else for us, our part is simply to surrender ourselves to Him as the result of what He has already done.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

I'm going to post on this thread ,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

The English mistranslation of the Greek word "pisteuo".

Gal. 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have "believed" (mistranslation) in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

The corrected translation of the Greek word "pisteuo".

Gal. 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have "surrendered our lives" (pisteuo) in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Interplanner

The English mistranslation of the Greek word "pisteuo".

Gal. 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have "believed" (mistranslation) in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

The corrected translation of the Greek word "pisteuo".

Gal. 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have "surrendered our lives" (pisteuo) in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

OK, but you must keep in mind that the meaning in the first century may not be quite what you think those English words mean in Cleveland 2015.

The business should never come down to just words; there has to be episodes and images to clarify things. For this we would go to Phil 3, especially because 'find myself in the righteousness of God' is the key phrase. Once we see what he means about Judaism in Phil 3, we can then go back to Gal 2 and understand what 'crucified with Christ' means. It is not evangelical surrender and commitment; not quite. It is to say to Judaism, I will only embrace the cross of Christ for justification and as a basis for fellowship with other believers. It is also to say that in their hearing. This is not going to be the same issue in the modern situation, where the average person is thought-controlled by the 'sounds of silence' and is totally unaware of what justification means.

In Gal 2:16, there is no comparison between what God has done in Christ for us on these questions and our surrendering--no matter how necessary it is to do so. This won't be cleared up in the subjective realm. You must have all of the objective pieces in the right place to start with.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
OK, but you must keep in mind that the meaning in the first century may not be quite what you think those English words mean in Cleveland 2015.

The business should never come down to just words; there has to be episodes and images to clarify things. For this we would go to Phil 3, especially because 'find myself in the righteousness of God' is the key phrase. Once we see what he means about Judaism in Phil 3, we can then go back to Gal 2 and understand what 'crucified with Christ' means. It is not evangelical surrender and commitment; not quite. It is to say to Judaism, I will only embrace the cross of Christ for justification and as a basis for fellowship with other believers. It is also to say that in their hearing. This is not going to be the same issue in the modern situation, where the average person is thought-controlled by the 'sounds of silence' and is totally unaware of what justification means.

In Gal 2:16, there is no comparison between what God has done in Christ for us on these questions and our surrendering--no matter how necessary it is to do so. This won't be cleared up in the subjective realm. You must have all of the objective pieces in the right place to start with.

I know what you are saying, I am using one definition to cover all the tenses. My use of the most aggressive definition is intentional. People think that the mistranslated verb Pisteuo is trusting, committing, believing in Gods Word, what He said, and what He did. Thats not NT faithing or pisteuo, thats only acknowledging Gods Grace. What i'm saying is the church world has it completely backwards, partly because of the mistranslation, but mostly because they just don't want to give anything to God much less their lives.

Heres some examples:

Pisteuo definitions:

1) "Commit unto" : I ask the question. Commit what? unto who? The popular understanding is, I will commit my "belief", and maybe a little more, to what Jesus has said and done in His Word. I mean it says anyone who "believes" in Him shall be saved right. And, i commit that belief "unto" Jesus. This is a totally backwards understanding, and you know as well as i do this is what most if not all the entire church world is standing on.

The correct understanding of "commit unto"

We personally commit what? Our lives. We commit our lives unto who? Jesus.

2)Pisteuo definition: "commit to ones trust."

Again, commit what? Our "belief" in what Jesus said and did in His Word. And were trusting in Him, that He will keep His Word. NO! We commit our "lives" to Him, and as a result of us committing our "lives" to Him, we are trusting Him with those "lives" that have been committed to Him. To sustain, to leed, to keep.

3) "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

What are we personally surrendering to Him? Our "believing"? No! we are surrendering our lives.
How do we live a life inspired by such surrender? The wrong way or backwards way would be to say, we live "our lives" with that fact we are "believing" in what Jesus said and did in His Word. This would be the partnership or sugar daddy theology.

The correct understanding (and the mandatory action to have a relationship with Christ) is that we have surrendered our lives to Jesus. There not our lives anymore! The life inspired by such surrender is, that we are not making the many daily decisions that direct our lives as if that surrendered life is still ours and not Gods. He knows if our surrender is genuine or not, and so do we. But those that the Father has called out or drawn to Jesus will never have a relationship with Him, if they are not starting out fulfilling "pisteuo".

I'd really like to know if i'm making any sense to you interplanner? If you think i'm only basing my passion for this word on a definition, you would be way off. I can't go any further in the relationship with Christ, because everyone who disagrees with the definitions of "pisteuo" i've provided, haven't fulfilled the first basic act and are still outside of Christ in the drawing phase of the relationship. Christs Spirit, Christ Himself, and christs Word and not theirs yet. But that can all change by the continual genuine surrendering of our lives to Jesus.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

The English mistranslation of the Greek word "pisteuo."

Galatians 3:22: But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by "faith" (pistis noun) in Jesus Christ might be given to them that "believe." (mistranslation, pisteuo, verb.)

The corrected translation of the Greek word "pisteuo."

Galatians 3:22: But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by "faith" (pistis, noun) in Jesus Christ might be given to them that "surrender their lives to Him." (pisteuo, verb.)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
BTW Faither,

Is this thread about the universe or faith?

I assumed it is about faith but I rechecked OP title, and it seems it is not about the faith.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
BTW Faither,

Is this thread about the universe or faith?

I assumed it is about faith but I rechecked OP title, and it seems it is not about the faith.

I call it the secret of the universe because the true meaning of NT Faith, and faithing have been lost. As a result, faithing ( or pisteuo) has fallen into a state of an unidentifiable secret. A secret that is more important than anything on this earth. No one is arguing Meshak, because they never knew this was the prerequisite to have a relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ. They now know the truth and must do something with it. I know it hurts, but that something is starting over as if they are just being drawn by the Father.

This thread is about a secret, and the definition of that secret. Both are the verb form of Faith, faithing into Christ.

Interplanner

The NT does not call this a secret. And the most important thing, as you call it, was never mentioned in Acts 13's sermon, which was the one official sample apostolic sermon unprovoked by a crisis. What is central is that God can justify a person through Jesus Christ and this fulfills what was promised to Israel's fathers. Since it is the righteousness (the accumulated actions) of Jesus Christ that justify, it takes faith (not further works of the law) to utilize this; to access it for our account. This faith may be as small as a mustard seed but it makes a mountain of sin-debt move.

This is not a secret. It is not lost. It is the glorious grace of Christ that millions have enjoyed, deep enough to save a human trafficker (Newton) from his debt to God. And to change his life, although he denied it had changed much.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I call it the secret of the universe because the true meaning of NT Faith,

But it is not secret when you understand the whole context of Jesus' teachings.

Christianity is all about submitting to Jesus.

His Father gave Him authority to be our Lord and Savior.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The NT does not call this a secret. And the most important thing, as you call it, was never mentioned in Acts 13's sermon, which was the one official sample apostolic sermon unprovoked by a crisis. What is central is that God can justify a person through Jesus Christ and this fulfills what was promised to Israel's fathers. Since it is the righteousness (the accumulated actions) of Jesus Christ that justify, it takes faith (not further works of the law) to utilize this; to access it for our account. This faith may be as small as a mustard seed but it makes a mountain of sin-debt move.

This is not a secret. It is not lost. It is the glorious grace of Christ that millions have enjoyed, deep enough to save a human trafficker (Newton) from his debt to God. And to change his life, although he denied it had changed much.

Doesn't call what a secret? You've never even repeated the word. I've said this many times, i'll say it once more. We are talking about how pisteuo starts the relationship outside of God and His Word. Everyone starts at the beginning, outside of His Spirit, Word , and justification. How does this relationship start if you don't agree with my understandings.

I never said the NT calls pisteuo a secret. And you've never said if you agree with the strongs and vines definition of "pisteuo."

Pisteuo is used in the book of Acts 36 times, 4 times in Acts 13.