NSA collecting phone data on millions of people

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Who are you talking to? Hopefully that is addressed to all the people who thought Obama was a messiah figure.

And those who thought that warrantless evesdropping on American citizens was O.K. for Bush to do, since democrats wouldn't continue it when they took power. Morons on both sides. Hypocrites, too, if they pretend it only happened with one of those administrations.

Hope and Change. :blabla:

Didn't have much hope for Obama, which is why I didn't vote for him. But I have to admit that he's turned out to be a lot more like Bush than I hoped.

Sealeaf

This why 'homeland security" type legislation is so dangerous. The "special" powers you give to the government are very unlikely to ever go away. Even if it is not your party who put them in place, who is ever going to vote to have less power?

"Oh dear we gave the government broad powers to deal with terrorists, and now they are using them to deal with us. Oh Boo Hoo." What did you expect? Giving a politician more power has never made them more honest.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
This why 'homeland security" type legislation is so dangerous. The "special" powers you give to the government are very unlikely to ever go away. Even if it is not your party who put them in place, who is ever going to vote to have less power?

"Oh dear we gave the government broad powers to deal with terrorists, and now they are using them to deal with us. Oh Boo Hoo." What did you expect? Giving a politician more power has never made them more honest.

Precisely. And now the suckers are wailing and rending their garments, when it turned out that way.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Didn't have much hope for Obama, which is why I didn't vote for him. But I have to admit that he's turned out to be a lot more like Bush than I hoped.

:think: Actually...I suppose that I should thank Barry. It was his Presidency which confirmed for me beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is no real substantive difference between the parties. That it's all smoke and mirrors.

99lamb

The Barbarian
Precisely. And now the suckers are wailing and rending their garments, when it turned out that way.

and continuing to blame previous administrations, for this current administrations wrong doings solves .......what exactly?
Its the mentality of a five year old how gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar and says his older brother did it too...

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian chuckles:

and continuing to blame previous administrations, for this current administrations wrong doings solves .......what exactly?

There's no easy solution now. I'm just pointing out that those who supported this back when Bush began doing it, and are now outraged that a democrat president would pick up the tool Bush gave him, are idiots.

And it's not as though people didn't warn them.

There's no justification for Obama doing what the republicans did. It's just sort of bitterly ironic that the republicans are now horrified to discover that our rights are being eroded.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Angry Liberal

tumblr_mdrzey04G21qjoecd.gif

Christian Liberty

I think "We The People" have been sold a bill of goods that stinks. Post 911 we have lost one freedom after another and our government has spent trillions on aggressive wars which have not been in defense of the country. NSA, TSA, Homeland Security, FBI, CIA and on and on. Local law enforcement buys drones and installs video cameras across the land. The government has plans to shut down the internet and all cell phones if citizens get too revolting. Free press is under attack. Does any of this make you feel safer?

Do you have any evidence they're planning to shut down the internet? Any links? I don't disagree with you, it doesn't surprise me, I just want to know for sure...

We need as many people as possible to commit to revolution against this illegitimate regime if they dare try...

We'll be right back under Wilson/FDR style tyranny again if people don't have alternative news sources to tell them different.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Do you have any evidence they're planning to shut down the internet? Any links? I don't disagree with you, it doesn't surprise me, I just want to know for sure...

We need as many people as possible to commit to revolution against this illegitimate regime if they dare try...

We'll be right back under Wilson/FDR style tyranny again if people don't have alternative news sources to tell them different.

:nono: They aren't going to shut down the Internet...It happens to be the greatest resource for gathering information and tracking "subversives" and "terrorists" that there ever has been.

:plain: Now...If there is a situation which they need to exploit...some kind of "national emergency" or something. Then that bad boy will be switched off just like a lightswitch. (Or maybe just certain lightswitches?)

...but it will just be temporary...and probably the work of those Wascawy Tewwowists! :nono:

And...No..I'm sure there is no evidence of "plans" but do you think that the NSA is capable? If they are "capable" no "plans" need exist.

Christian Liberty

:nono: They aren't going to shut down the Internet...It happens to be the greatest resource for gathering information and tracking "subversives" and "terrorists" that there ever has been.

:plain: Now...If there is a situation which they need to exploit...some kind of "national emergency" or something. Then that bad boy will be switched off just like a lightswitch. (Or maybe just certain lightswitches?)

...but it will just be temporary...and probably the work of those Wascawy Tewwowists! :nono:

And...No..I'm sure there is no evidence of "plans" but do you think that the NSA is capable? If they are "capable" no "plans" need exist.

Obama being incompetent enough to let people like Snowden through the cracks is the only thing saving us right now. I fear to imagine a tyrant as efficient as Abraham Lincoln or Woodrow Wilson with 21st century technology.

Dominant nations are rarely free nations. Inconsequential nations can afford to be free.

Pretty much the sad state of affairs. Which is why manifest destiny, the mexican-american war, and the war of northern aggression all should never have happened, and people who claim they want freedom and support these actions and more modern imperial actions are hypocrites.