toldailytopic: How do you feel about building a mosque at ground zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Link

Update, 5:24 p.m. | The man charged with the anti-Muslim slashing and stabbing of a cabdriver was arraigned Wednesday afternoon in Manhattan Criminal Court on charges of second-degree attempted murder as a hate crime, first-degree assault as a hate crime and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon.

An emergency medical technician said that had the cut been any deeper or longer, the driver would have died, prosecutors said.

Judge ShawnDya L. Simpson ordered the man, Michael Enright, 21, held without bail.

James Zaleta, an assistant district attorney, said in court that Mr. Enright hailed a taxi near 24th Street and Second Avenue on Tuesday evening. Mr. Enright asked the taxi driver, who was from Bangladesh, whether he was Muslim, Mr. Zaleta said.

After the driver said he was, Mr. Enright responded with the Arabic greeting, “Assalamu alaikum,” according to the criminal court complaint.

Then Mr. Enright said, “Consider this a checkpoint,” before pulling out a Leatherman utility knife and slashing the taxi driver’s throat, Mr. Zaleta said. The driver turned and Mr. Enright slashed him in his face and forearms, Mr. Zaleta said.

The driver locked all four doors and drove to 42nd Street, Mr. Zaleta said, but Mr. Enright somehow got out of the car on the way. The driver flagged down a police officer standing on a corner and the officer apprehended Mr. Enright, Mr. Zaleta said.

Notice to all white people:

We cannot ride in cabs anymore. We must respect the grief of cab drivers in light of this terrible attack. I know, I know, we shouldn't be held responsible for this nuts actions, but it is what it is. Golden Rule and whatnot.

That is all.

:plain:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Kmoney
Whenever we value rights over our obligations it glorifies prestige. It is the norm of secularism and since America is becoming increasingly secular, people argue rights rather than discuss obligations.
Saying I'm asserting rights over obligations doesn't make it so.

That's my Clete impression. :D You're probably too new to recognize that though. :plain:

The Ground Zero mosque raises the questions of our obligations to those having suffered the results of 911.
And we differ on our answers to those questions, and the context in which those questions are being asked.

Does it? What was Jesus doing when dining with sinners? Was he standing on the table and hollering "repent?"
I don't know. I wasn't there. I do know that I'm not hollering at anyone though, if that's what you are implying.

Christianity is profound psychology and far deeper in its awareness of human "being" than contemporary psychology. Jesus was meeting sinners where they are.
I didn't say he didn't. I, apparently, differ on what that means. I don't see meeting sinners where they are to mean enabling, or catering.

Yes. Jesus was enabling them. It seems absurd and contradictory at first. Is it really? Perhaps Jesus is expressing an awareness our emphasis on prestige denies us.
:squint: We must mean different things by "enabling".

It isn't a matter of justifying insult but of appreciating the bondage of the human condition. When Jesus said "Forgive them for they know not what they do," was he justifying their insult and their insults?
Remember when I said meeting the sinners where they are doesn't mean enabling? Forgiving them doesn't either.

We experience several emotions at the same time. Insult is a combination of many other emotions that can include repressed grief. How do you deal with people when they are psychologically hurt? Are you mean to them because they are too emotionally disturbed to be worthy of respect and kindness you believe would just enable their hurt?
You see meanness where there is none.

No. Regardless of what happens to the building the question is the site itself and what it represents. Rauf wants to change what it represents to the people into a symbolic victory and the coming dominance of Sharia Law.
I haven't seen it. :idunno:

Pretend you are Jewish for a moment. would you want school kids to be taught that Jews offered nothing to art and science? Money buys this influence in the United States just like money will be the reason the mosque is allowed to be built.
:squint: Probably not. Now, try proposing a relevant hypothetical.

You say it would be impossible for American textbooks to include such things. Don't be so sure. Money talks, nobody walks.
Actually, I didn't say anything. You didn't even ask.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6bARRmEpH8

Forget this politically correct Interfaith BS. The mosque is far from pure.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=194617

The mosque is being opposed both emotionally and intellectually. We simply don't have to intellectually support Sharia law in the United States by allowing it a symbolic victory at Ground Zero.

We must emotionally support the needs of American citizens to grieve after an attack on their country in the spirit of compassion and true patriotism by keeping Ground Zero free of politics.

Until you show that pushing Sharia Law is the goal or they are trying to claim a victory over us, there isn't much to say. I read that article and it isn't terribly convincing. It's something to keep an eye on, but nothing more.

Also, I felt compelled to point out that your WND article agrees that this isn't even at "ground zero".

Nick_A

Kmoney

Saying I'm asserting rights over obligations doesn't make it so.

It isn't just you but is now the norm in America. How many times have you heard about gay rights, women's rights, minority rights, and whatever else? Yet how many times have you heard about gay obligations, women's obligations, minority obligations and whatever?

Even the thought seems ludicrous. You will say it is absurd. How can you refer to group obligations when we are one nation? It is the same with rights. We just don't realize it.

It is the same with the mosque. The developers have the right to build it but what are their obligations to the nation?

We should start a thread on "Assimilation." Do we still believe that people should come to America with the intent to support its ideas? It seems to me that the modern trend is to come to America to transform it and to satisfy their ideas as is the desire to implement Sharia law.

I didn't write you were mean but only asked how you deal with their suffering. Do you lecture them on how wrong it is or do you put yourself in their position and try to alleviate it?

I haven't seen it.

Until you show that pushing Sharia Law is the goal or they are trying to claim a victory over us, there isn't much to say. I read that article and it isn't terribly convincing. It's something to keep an eye on, but nothing more.

You have to dig inside these articles. It is natural for the developers to seek to impose Sharia Law. I wouldn't doubt that they feel something like Christendom missionaries going into the jungle to educate the natives into the "right" way of believing.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/pub...nection-to-sharia-law-push-being-ignored.html

The mosque is bad for ground zero not just because it is insensitive to those suffering the effects of 911 but also because it is a Sharia mosque which opposes assimilation into the American ideals in favor of spreading its own ideals and laws.

Nick_A

It is obvious tht imam Rauf says certain things in English and others in Arabic. Consider Walid Shoebat's translations from Arabic in the following short video.

Imam Rauf's motives are not as pure as the driven snow as too many are prone to believe. His intent is the spread of Sharia law. Not appropriate for Ground Zero.

http://www.shoebat.com/videos/foxFriendsMosque2.php

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It is obvious tht imam Rauf says certain things in English and others in Arabic. Consider Walid Shoebat's translations from Arabic in the following short video.
I watched him translating bits and pieces of mostly context free ideas that he then spins toward his particular agenda.

Now about actual quotes, from the source and suggesting an overthrow of our institutions or in support of any of these broad claims?

You want indirect examination? Okay. Here's a bit from an article in the Huffington Post:

"Imam Feisal has participated at the Aspen Institute in Muslim-Christian-Jewish working groups looking at ways to promote greater religious tolerance," Walter Isaacson, head of The Aspen Institute told the Huffington Post. "He has consistently denounced radical Islam and terrorism, and promoted a moderate and tolerant Islam. Some of this work was done under the auspices of his own group, the Cordoba Initiative."​

Imam Rauf's motives are not as pure as the driven snow as too many are prone to believe.
I don't know anyone who thinks that, though I hear people who oppose the mosque making those sorts of statements about people who think they're supporting a thinly reasoned bigotry, which is what it boils down to.
His intent is the spread of Sharia law.
Which you haven't established beyond the declaration.
Not appropriate for Ground Zero.
Which this isn't. :plain:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It isn't just you but is now the norm in America. How many times have you heard about gay rights, women's rights, minority rights, and whatever else? Yet how many times have you heard about gay obligations, women's obligations, minority obligations and whatever?

In America, there are just obligations and rights. Everyone is supposed to get the same.

Even the thought seems ludicrous.

Yep. Hence, the term "equal rights." With equal rights come equal obligations.

It is the same with the mosque. The developers have the right to build it but what are their obligations to the nation?

To obey the law.

We should start a thread on "Assimilation." Do we still believe that people should come to America with the intent to support its ideas? It seems to me that the modern trend is to come to America to transform it and to satisfy their ideas as is the desire to implement Sharia law.

That would be very odd, as the vast majority of those coming to live in America are Hispanic Catholics.

From the videos of demonstrators, it's more like viciousness.

I didn't write you were mean but only asked how you deal with their suffering. Do you lecture them on how wrong it is or do you put yourself in their position and try to alleviate it?

Far as I can tell, the bigots seem to think the innocent Muslims killed on 9/11 don't count at all. All that whining about "insensitivity" when they aren't even willing to grant humanhood to Muslims.

You have to dig inside these articles. It is natural for the developers to seek to impose Sharia Law. I wouldn't doubt that they feel something like Christendom missionaries going into the jungle to educate the natives into the "right" way of believing.

So you're suggesting that we should deport any person who wants to establish religious ideas as law?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Some familes of 9/11 victims join other group in support of mosque

NEW YORK (WPIX) —
9/11 victims' families will join with more than three dozen other organizations today to show their support for building an Islamic Center near Ground Zero in an effort to re-frame the debate on the controversial site.

The group September Eleventh Families for Peaceful Tomorrows,is part of a collection of 40 organizations that calls itself the Religious Freedom Coalition. At noon today, the coalition will gather across from City Hall at the Manhattan Municipal Building to express support in a news conference for building the Islamic Center two-and-a-half blocks north of the World Trade Center site.

It happens the day after hip-hop business mogul Russell Simmons unveiled an artwork in the windows of his apartment that faces Ground Zero. The art piece features a series of religious symbols, beginning with the Muslim crescent and star, that together are meant to spell out the word "co-exist." The display also reads USA equals free and "It's the Law."

Nick, maybe you should contact these families and inform them that they are not grieving properly and that their politicization of 9/11 and their support of this mosque is an insult to their family members that died. :plain:

Nick_A

Some familes of 9/11 victims join other group in support of mosque

Nick, maybe you should contact these families and inform them that they are not grieving properly and that their politicization of 9/11 and their support of this mosque is an insult to their family members that died. :plain:

There is a difference between being insulting and insensitive.

I asked you a simple question if you would lecture a person who has been psychologically hurt or if you would try to alleviate their suffering. That is the issue. Instead of a person, the question relates to all those having suffered the effects of 911 at Ground Zero. You either prefer to lecture them or try and alleviate their suffering by keeping this political Sharia cultural Center away from Gound Zero and not allow it to be built on a site where a building was brought down in the attack.

Nick_A

In America, there are just obligations and rights. Everyone is supposed to get the same.

To obey the law.

That would be very odd, as the vast majority of those coming to live in America are Hispanic Catholics.

From the videos of demonstrators, it's more like viciousness.

Far as I can tell, the bigots seem to think the innocent Muslims killed on 9/11 don't count at all. All that whining about "insensitivity" when they aren't even willing to grant humanhood to Muslims.

So you're suggesting that we should deport any person who wants to establish religious ideas as law?

Barbarian

Does this mean that you are against politically correct laws that favor one group over another such as the designation of "hate crimes?"

Actually it is the opposite. Without the voluntary recognition of obligations, efforts towards rights will require increased government control and the loss of freedom.

To obey the law.

This is the way of secularism. Freedom requires the collective voluntary obligation to do the right thing.

What is odd about that? Do Hispanic Catholics have the obligation to assimilate into American ideals or should they ignore them?

I cannot believe you wrote that with a straight face. Do you mean that asking a political Sharia Mosque to move from Ground Zero as an act of consideration to others is an attack on humanhood?

Nick_A

I watched him translating bits and pieces of mostly context free ideas that he then spins toward his particular agenda.

Now about actual quotes, from the source and suggesting an overthrow of our institutions or in support of any of these broad claims?

You want indirect examination? Okay. Here's a bit from an article in the Huffington Post:

"Imam Feisal has participated at the Aspen Institute in Muslim-Christian-Jewish working groups looking at ways to promote greater religious tolerance," Walter Isaacson, head of The Aspen Institute told the Huffington Post. "He has consistently denounced radical Islam and terrorism, and promoted a moderate and tolerant Islam. Some of this work was done under the auspices of his own group, the Cordoba Initiative."​

I don't know anyone who thinks that, though I hear people who oppose the mosque making those sorts of statements about people who think they're supporting a thinly reasoned bigotry, which is what it boils down to.

Which you haven't established beyond the declaration.

Which this isn't. :plain:

The bottom line is that you believe in Rauf and I don't. Walid Shoebat grew up with this mindset so sees it for what it is. You need to believe in all this Interfaith sweet talk. I know it is nothing but political manipulation for the purpose of increasing the influence of Sharia Law in the United States. He says it like it is.

http://www.shoebat.com/arabsSpeak.php

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The bottom line is that you believe in Rauf and I don't.
No, the bottom line is that you think it's kosher for Muslims who had nothing to do with 9/11 to be encouraged to abandon their plans to build a house of worship because some victims and a great many people conflate their cause with the actual villains of the piece.

As I said elsewhere, there's no virtue to be found in that capitulation to unreasoned and broad brush bias. It's wrong and should be resisted.
Walid Shoebat grew up with this mindset so sees it for what it is.
Like I said, he was a zealot with an unreasonable perspective and he still appears to suffer from the tendency.
You need to believe in all this Interfaith sweet talk.
I believe that men of good conscience, whatever their faith, have to learn to coexist peacefully and respect our fundamental right to differ.
I know it is nothing but political manipulation for the purpose of increasing the influence of Sharia Law in the United States. He says it like it is.
Rather, you believe it to be. Now I won't try to argue you out of your belief that rain is made of maple syrup, but don't expect me to put it on my flapjacks. :nono:

Granite

Hall of Fame
A few months ago, the loony right was heaping insults and derision on the families of 9/11 victims:

"The 9/11 widows are witches and harpies. You can't argue with them. You just have to listen."
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003046860_ann08.html

But now, they've found a political use for them, and are wailing and grieving at the "insensitivity" to their pain.

When they aren't calling them "witches and harpies."

One of many reasons I'd probably crack a beer if she was ever struck with a calamity that rendered her comatose.

Nick_A

TH

No, the bottom line is that you think it's kosher for Muslims who had nothing to do with 9/11 to be encouraged to abandon their plans to build a house of worship because some victims and a great many people conflate their cause with the actual villains of the piece.

As I said elsewhere, there's no virtue to be found in that capitulation to unreasoned and broad brush bias. It's wrong and should be resisted.

A Sharia Mosque is a political organization. Calling it a house of worship is an insult to well meaning Muslims.

http://www.torontosun.com/comment/columnists/salim_mansur/2010/08/27/15165446.html

The swirling controversy over the Ground Zero mosque obscures what should be obvious, at least since 9/11, about the behavioural pattern of radical Islamists engaged in stealth jihad, or “lawfare,” to advance their strategic interest of securing concessions by Western governments for Sharia.
In generating this controversy, and then pushing hard on it by insisting on the constitutionally protected right of freedom of religion to build this mosque in the vicinity of Ground Zero in New York City, Islamists behind the project have masterfully succeeded in greatly dividing Americans as the ninth anniversary of 9/11 approaches.

What we are witnessing here is radical Islamists once again, as in the Danish cartoon controversy — or the controversy surrounding the wearing by some Muslim women of niqabs or full-face coverings, or the push for censorship on grounds of hate speech — taking hold of the legal-political framework of liberal democracy to secure grounds for their anti-liberal agenda of advancing acceptance of Sharia in the West.

Through indiscriminate violence, radical Islamists have succeeded to define Islam in terms of Sharia — Islamic law constructed more than a millennium ago by legal scholars that is, putting it mildly, entirely obsolete in the context of modern philosophy, science, democracy, gender equity and individual rights and freedom — and jihad, or sanctioning of violence, in the name of religion.

Mosques for radical Islamists are centres for preaching, recruiting, fundraising, networking and engaging in the political work of advancing their strategic interests.

Once it becomes clear who the people are behind the Ground Zero mosque — variously known as the Cordoba House or Park51, which Stephen Schwartz of the Center for Islamic Pluralism in Washington, D.C., among others, has been painstakingly assembling for Americans to judge for themselves — then there should be no mistaking about its political nature disguised as religion.

Feisal Rauf, wearing the title of Imam or a Muslim religious leader, is deeply embedded in the global Islamist network of activists and organizations.

One of Rauf’s closest associates, for instance, is the former prime minister of Malaysia, Mahathir bin Mohamad, and a virulent anti-Semite on public record.

Rauf is another soft-peddler of Islamism in the West associated with the politics of Muslim Brotherhood.

Those who are familiar with Tariq Ramadan will recognize how greatly Rauf is cut from the same cloth as this grandson of Hasan al-Banna who founded the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt during the early decades of the last century.

Since religion is all politics for radical Islamists, Islam as faith is absent from their hearts. They are Muslims with hearts as black as their politics.

A black heart cannot be a receptacle of God’s mystery. If Islamist extremists had God in their hearts they could not bring so much grief in the name of Islam.

But Islamist extremists are contemptuous of the golden rule. It is this contempt in full display when they insist God is their accomplice in whatever they do.

If Rauf and company were truly men of God and not radical Islamists, their hearts would choke with remorse for the controversy they have fuelled over their project.

And then they would do the right thing, renounce building the Ground Zero mosque and apologize to the American people.

I believe that men of good conscience, whatever their faith, have to learn to coexist peacefully and respect our fundamental right to differ.

Typical Interfaith rubbish. People of good conscience already do this. The trouble is that they are few and far between and rarely seek the power that is so attractive to the con artists that take advantage of all these gullible people spouting their Interfaith platitudes.

Rather, you believe it to be. Now I won't try to argue you out of your belief that rain is made of maple syrup, but don't expect me to put it on my flapjacks.

I've just found it more advantageous to take off my rose colored glasses. It allows me to admit the callous insensitivity that takes advantage of human suffering for the sake of naive platitudes that only serve to further the power hungry wishing to further Sharia law in America

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A Sharia Mosque is a political organization. Calling it a house of worship is an insult to well meaning Muslims.
As with the editorial that you really should have presented as such (a news article it isn't), a great deal of smoke pretending to be fire--presumption without documentation and conclusion absent evidence.

"I believe that men of good conscience, whatever their faith, have to learn to coexist peacefully and respect our fundamental right to differ."
Typical Interfaith rubbish. People of good conscience already do this.
Then it isn't rubbish. You just don't like it when someone who disagrees with you says it. Peculiar.
The trouble is that they are few and far between and rarely seek the power that is so attractive to the con artists that take advantage of all these gullible people spouting their Interfaith platitudes.
Same comment. I don't find that sort of cynicism either helpful or accurate. But suit yourself.

I've just found it more advantageous to take off my rose colored glasses.
I don't think slapping blinkers on in their stead was the way to go though. :nono:

It allows me to admit the callous insensitivity that takes advantage of human suffering for the sake of naive platitudes that only serve to further the power hungry wishing to further Sharia law in America
The sentiment previously expressed, one you found right enough in people who don't disagree with you, isn't a platitude because someone who suspects that you are a paranoid cynic says it. And there's nothing insensitive about wanting a rational foundation for the sort of thing you're championing. Nor does anyone demanding that sort of proof take advantage of anyone. Rather, your side requires all of that and it's a pity you can't see it.

Nick_A

As with the editorial that you really should have presented as such (a news article it isn't), a great deal of smoke pretending to be fire--presumption without documentation and conclusion absent evidence.

"I believe that men of good conscience, whatever their faith, have to learn to coexist peacefully and respect our fundamental right to differ."

Then it isn't rubbish. You just don't like it when someone who disagrees with you says it. Peculiar.

Same comment. I don't find that sort of cynicism either helpful or accurate. But suit yourself.

I don't think slapping blinkers on in their stead was the way to go though. :nono:

The sentiment previously expressed, one you found right enough in people who don't disagree with you, isn't a platitude because someone who suspects that you are a paranoid cynic says it. And there's nothing insensitive about wanting a rational foundation for the sort of thing you're championing. Nor does anyone demanding that sort of proof take advantage of anyone. Rather, your side requires all of that and it's a pity you can't see it.

This is how far we have sunk. Just the simple concern for our fellow man is considered paranoia.

Instead of leaving Ground Zero free of politics which would be the human thing to do in respect to 911, we feel it our sacred obligation to contaminate it with everything possible during its time of weakness in the name of social justice.

"There is one, and only one, thing in modern society more hideous than crime namely, repressive justice." Simone Weil

Dear lady, sometimes I wonder with your "lucid madness for truth," how you made it to 34.

Somehow we've made it our duty to shove this social justice down the throats of people even by intentionally demeaning the psychological value of 911 on the human psych. Instead of having it serve the purpose of respectful remembrance, efforts for the mosque are a con job being pushed as an Interfaith project which in reality is nothing more than the means to further Sharia law on the ashes of the dead justified by feel good platitudes.

How lovely.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This is how far we have sunk. Just the simple concern for our fellow man is considered paranoia.
No, it's by and large the attempt to suggest that all Muslims be tainted by the acts of a villainous few that does it. Concern for people is still by and large thought of as a good thing.
Instead of leaving Ground Zero
Which we aren't talking about.
free of politics which would be the human thing to do in respect to 911
Which you aren't doing.
, we feel it our sacred obligation
Principled duty...
to contaminate it with everything possible during its time of weakness in the name of social justice.
Rather, we should feel it necessary to distinguish compassion from injustice. Giving way to the sort of ill thought out nonsense that has swept normally reasonable people into the footprints of those who once interred Americans of Japanese ancestry fosters the sort of attitude that has people attacking Muslims for their faith as though it were of a piece with the savages who flew airplanes into buildings. It's shameful and lamentable and exactly the sort of behavior the enemies of liberty adore.
Dear lady, sometimes I wonder with your "lucid madness for truth," how you made it to 34.
I don't think you realize how silly you sound doing that...I can almost see you in your powdered wig, handkerchief fluttering. :D Seriously, you should cut that out. It's a half step removed from that old Saturday Night Live skit.

And don't get me started on why she "lasted" only as long as she did...though I agree it is amazing, if for reasons you wouldn't appreciate.
Somehow we've made it our duty to shove this social justice down the throats of people
It's not social justice. It's justice. And the only people you have to shove that down the throats of are tyrants...and bigotry is a sort of tyranny, as is irrationality.
even by intentionally demeaning the psychological value of 911 on the human psych.
Rather, by conflating compassion with the enabling of our worst, ethnocentric driven bias you demean the value of the former and raise the apparent legitimacy of the latter as a social instrument and a common good. God forbid.

I omit your unsubstantiated claims relating to the purpose of the mosque, given you were offered the opportunity to put meat on those bones and had none.

Last edited:

Todah

To Town Heretic....If the Mosque is built, and some fringe Christians blow it up, using Christ's name and some twisted scriptures to support their actions; and thousands are killed, including some Christian visitors to the cultural center, I think we would have a parallel scenario.

1.....Would you support a Christian Church being built on the rubble or within two blocks of the rubble, by Christians who denounced the Christian terrorists who blew up the building?

2......Do you think the city, the government and the mayor would be behind the building project, and in fact, support it to the lengths that Bloomberg et.al. have gone, thus far, with the mosque.

These are obvious questions in regards to hypocrisy. The slew of atheists and agnostics on this forum, have shown their hypocrisy, by not denouncing this building, which they would readily do if it were a Christian Church, or Christian symbol, being built there, or anywhere, under similar circumstances.

I suspect better of you, but the questions have to be be asked, and need to be answered.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
If the Mosque is built, and some fringe Christians blow it up, using Christ's name and some twisted scriptures to support their actions; and thousands are killed, including some Christian visitors to the cultural center, I think we would have a parallel scenario.

1.....Would you support a Christian Church being built on the rubble or within two blocks of the rubble, by Christians who denounced the Christian terrorists who blew up the building?

Yes. I think that would be appropriate. On the rubble might be hard to understand. Two blocks away, not a problem.

2......Do you think the city, the government and the mayor would be behind the building project, and in fact, support it to the lengths that Bloomberg et.al. have gone, thus far, with the mosque.

Yes, if say FOX news promoted a controversy to keep it from happening, as they did for the mosque. I figure that the city would probably do it, given the fact that the borough in question supported the building.

These are obvious questions in regards to hypocrisy.

Indeed. Would you support the building of such a church, under the circumstances? That's not a rhetorical question. I'd like an answer.

The slew of atheists and agnostics on this forum, have shown their hypocrisy, by not denouncing this building, which they would readily do if it were a Christian Church, or Christian symbol, being built there, or anywhere, under similar circumstances.

Well, let's see what you are, then. Would you support the construction of that Christian church, or not?

I suspect better of you, but the questions have to be be asked, and need to be answered.

Yes, you need to answer this, as I've answered you. Tell us.

Status
Not open for further replies.