Trolls and Attention Whores

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlastikBuddha

Probably misguided envy. I've read about how great minds of the past like Jesus and Socrates have always been hated. It seems that the more a person begins to understand in the real meaning of the word, the more they must be hated.
The fallacy, of course, is to equate being hated with greatness.
Or in your case, equate being regared as a nincompoop with competence.
:plain:

But, as they say, "nothing ventured, nothing gained" so I just try to remain impartially open to "understanding."
If only that were the case. You have been shown to be in error in many factually explicit ways yet you have never acknowledged anything. Your humility is a sham.

Lovejoy

The fallacy, of course, is to equate being hated with greatness.
Or in your case, equate being regared as a nincompoop with competence.
:plain:

If only that were the case. You have been shown to be in error in many factually explicit ways yet you have never acknowledged anything. Your humility is a sham.

Well, there you go. At least one interesting guy who clearly does not like you! You should be pleased. (probably still some irony)

Nick_A

Well, there you go. At least one interesting guy who clearly does not like you! You should be pleased. (probably still some irony)

Yeah but that is small stuff. PB says I've been shown to be in error. Of course he doesn't say by who and about what. That is normal huffing and puffing.

Now in Socrates case, his understanding was so precise, the Great Beast couldn't take him. It accused him of denying the gods of the state and bringing in his own and corrupting the youth in the process

Common sense will always have this effect so it is no wonder that he had to be killed.

It is the same with Jesus. He questioned the accepted hypocrisy of the state and the self importance of its leaders. He asserted the necessity of awakening to the human condition. This invitation to common sense provoked hatred to the extent that he had to be strung up. There was no choice in this. It had to be. It is the nature of the Beast.

It is one thing to be annoying and another to inspire real hatred. Concerning "awakening," only the greats are capable of it.

Nick_A

So you're talking in your sleep. :think: ...through a hat.

I am just not that great. I lack the understanding to allow my being to be totally dedicated to this pearl of great price some are willing to sacrifice all transient goods for. Only those with this quality of understanding can truly provoke hatred from the Beast since their understanding disturbs its sleep.

Lovejoy

Yeah but that is small stuff. PB says I've been shown to be in error. Of course he doesn't say by who and about what. That is normal huffing and puffing.

Now in Socrates case, his understanding was so precise, the Great Beast couldn't take him. It accused him of denying the gods of the state and bringing in his own and corrupting the youth in the process

Common sense will always have this effect so it is no wonder that he had to be killed.

It is the same with Jesus. He questioned the accepted hypocrisy of the state and the self importance of its leaders. He asserted the necessity of awakening to the human condition. This invitation to common sense provoked hatred to the extent that he had to be strung up. There was no choice in this. It had to be. It is the nature of the Beast.

It is one thing to be annoying and another to inspire real hatred. Concerning "awakening," only the greats are capable of it.

Well, I disagree with the notion that Christ invited us to common sense. I believe He invited us to a revolution of the Spirit. Working in the medical field, I can tell you that most common sense is garbage. When nothing is as it appears, common sense stands not a chance.

I have rather been of the opinion that the Beast does not sleep, rather, it is an active sopophoric, inviting us to slumber. As to the greats, I do agree that they (whoever they may be) can be an agent of awakening, I just hope that it is us that they bring around. And that we don't string them up.

Hmm. I suppose that if we are the great beast (since I really don't know who you are referring to), then your point may be correct....

Last edited:

PlastikBuddha

Just for starters by everyone who has responded to both your birther nonsense and your misguided complaints about the prayer assembly one the court steps.
:mrt::duh:
Socrates' understanding was so precise that he knew how little he truly understood.
Wisdom!

Trying to cast yourself in the same light without any actual demonstration of wisdom is just transparent posturing.

It is one thing to be annoying and another to inspire real hatred.
So people like Stalin and Pol Pot must have been truly great men by your standard.

Concerning "awakening," only the greats are capable of it.
And you can't satisfactorily define or demonstrate it, only assert it again and again and again.

Nick_A

PB

Just for starters by everyone who has responded to both your birther nonsense and your misguided complaints about the prayer assembly one the court steps.

All that has been proven is that the majority that have responded here do not believe themselves worthy of the vote so do not demand basic proof of eligibility from a candidate. To them it doesn't matter so prefer abandoning responsibity that defines them worthy of the vote in favor of blind belief in a messiah.

Religious and racial bigotry is guided by fashion. During these times it is fashionable to indulge in anti-Christian bigotry. This will run its course and maybe revert back to anti-semitism or perhaps becoming heavily anti-Muslim.

Right now it is fashionable and considered justifiable to harass Christian women and children when bowing their heads in a prayer of support for the Supreme Court and the welfare of the justices. It is politically correct. I can't predict the next fashion trend. There are too many variables.

Since we are so closely related to sea sponges, if we are not careful, we will soak up so much nonsense as a sponge does water. You must decide if you prefer being more human or more sponge like.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.164cb673ff6be58ac04d2d437af7e912.4d1&show_article=1

Socrates' understanding was so precise that he knew how little he truly understood.

Yes! Extraordinarily profound.

Trying to cast yourself in the same light without any actual demonstration of wisdom is just transparent posturing.

Of course not. I do not possess such understanding.

So people like Stalin and Pol Pot must have been truly great men by your standard.

No. Rather than encouraging awakening, these men and others insisted on putting people to sleep either psychologically or physically by killing them.

And you can't satisfactorily define or demonstrate it, only assert it again and again and again.

Quite true. I cannot allow you to experience that you know nothing so that you would be encouraged to awaken. A person has to come to this experience of the futility of the human condition of which they are a part. Then it becomes obvious that they know nothing and strive to become able to "understand."

Last edited:

Nick_A

Lovejoy

Well, I disagree with the notion that Christ invited us to common sense. I believe He invited us to a revolution of the Spirit. Working in the medical field, I can tell you that most common sense is garbage. When nothing is as it appears, common sense stands not a chance.

That is common sense. A person looks out into the world and sees that it is chaotic. We wonder why we never learn by experience. We listen to the most wonderful platitudes and read the most wonderful explanations from those calling themselves educated yet everything continues. Why? We lack common sense to experience the human condition: what we are.

A person comes to the experience that they are the wretched man as described by Paul. If humanity consists of wretched men, could societal life be other than it is and on one day be capable of the greatest compassion only to commit the greatest atrocities on the next. It is common sense to deal with the human condition.

Jesus knew it was impossible for man through his own initiative to help himself so made it possible to bring the light of the spirit to help Man in his struggle with the human condition so as to be capable of being more human. Again, this is common sense. So a Christian strives to become open to help from the spirit for the sake of healing their inner life.

Hmm. I suppose that if we are the great beast (since I really don't know who you are referring to), then your point may be correct....

Simone Weil describes the Great Beast:

"The Great Beast is introduced in Book VI of The Republic. It represents the prejudices and passions of the masses. To please the Great Beast you call what it delights in Good, and what it dislikes Evil. In America this is called politics."

When the Beast defines our ethics and morality, nothing is possible for humanity other than support of the corruption of the human condition. The Beast is a creature of REACTION. Dealing with it requires conscious ACTION. As the wretched man we are incapable of sustained conscious action and quickly slip back into habitual conditioned reactions so everything repeats regardless of the most glorious platitutes.

There are some that do not consider themselves part of the Beast and rather seek understanding and a higher perspective. For that they need the help of the Spirit and Jesus sacrifice allowed it by making it possible for a light to shine on a darkened human condition revealing what it is, what it deprives us of, and how to deal with it by consciously "carrying ones cross."

PlastikBuddha

PB

All that has been proven is that the majority that have responded here do not believe themselves worthy of the vote so do not demand basic proof of eligibility from a candidate.
Parroting the same old nonsense. The process, and exactly how it has been satisfied, was laid out to you in excrutiating detail.
To them it doesn't matter so prefer abandoning responsibity that defines them worthy of the vote in favor of blind belief in a messiah.
Where does the constitution state that individual voters should access to a candidates birth certificate, liar? Show it to me or show yourself as someone who is trying to abuse the constitution arbitrarily because you don't like the results of the democratic process.
You don't set the standard. It was set long ago and Obama has more than satisfied it.

Religious and racial bigotry is guided by fashion.
Hogwash. Those things may be fashionable at times, but you have nothing to back that assertion up with.
During these times it is fashionable to indulge in anti-Christian bigotry. This will run its course and maybe revert back to anti-semitism or perhaps becoming heavily anti-Muslim.

Right now it is fashionable and considered justifiable to harass Christian women and children when bowing their heads in a prayer of support for the Supreme Court and the welfare of the justices.
And that little song and dance was utterly discredited by TH. He explained exactly how the code in question applied to the situation and how it was enforced. That you keep on with same tune just shows how hollow your self-proclaimed devotion to an open-mind truly is. You refuse to let go of any idea you have latched onto, no matter many times it is demonstrated to be false.
It is politically correct. I can't predict the next fashion trend. There are too many variables.

Yes! Extraordinarily profound.
Then emulate him. You have placed far too much faith in your own understanding and are far too ready to dismiss anything that runs counter to your expectations.

Of course not. I do not possess such understanding.
Then can the constant stream of self-conratulations and recognize that there are people who understand the situation better than you do. Acknowledge that you could be wrong. I have seen not a single shred of evidence of this humility in any of your posts.
No. Rather than encouraging awakening, these men and others insisted on putting people to sleep either psychologically or physically by killing them.
You were implying that being hated was a sign of greatness, Nick. They believed they were right, just like your examples did. They were considered threats by others, just like your examples.
A person isn't great because of who opposes them, they are opposed because they rock the boat- which can be good or bad depending on the boat, the water, and the person doing the rocking.
Quite true. I cannot allow you to experience that you know nothing so that you would be encouraged to awaken. A person has to come to this experience of the futility of the human condition of which they are a part. Then it becomes obvious that they know nothing and strive to become able to "understand."
People do that through critical self-examination, Nick. You can't even move past thouroughly discredited nonsense like this birther garbage yet alone form a coherent metaphysical model of Ultimate Reality.

Nick_A

PB

You believe in a process without appreciation how it becomes corrupt. Why do you think so many people were strung up in the south? A trial is theoretically a good process. However with corrupt judges and bribed jurors it loses its value and becomes meaningless

The eligibility issue is the same. You speak of a process but completely unconcerned with its corruption. No one has verified Obama. No one with the authority to do so has verified that obama is a natural born citizen or signed their name to anything. The process became impotent through corruption. The question is proof of eligibility rather than the demand for the BC. No conclusive proof has been offered. The COLB initially released by fact check was even now doubted by fact check. To make matters worse, a person doesn't have to be born in Hawaii to acquire one. It is as simple as that

I believe that as a person worthy of the vote I am entitled to the necessary proof of eligibility to cast an educated vote. I don't trust politicians. You trust politicians so believe them incapable of the hoax of the century.

You apparently trust politicians to respect a process that verifies eligibility. To be really worthy of the vote you must respect it and respect what is necessary to cast an educated vote. It isn't blind obedience but direct proof of eligibility for anyone that desires it. Such a caution is necessary to sustain a free society.

I know it appears offensive to you to say but you cannot trust politicians. You must verify. Forget "hope and change." A person worthy of the vote must feel a civic obligation to verify facts and not swallow all sorts of BS regardless of how wonderful it appears on the surface. Obama's natural born citizenship has not been verified. Anyone blindly accepting this IMO is not worthy of the vote though they are legally entitled to vote.

And that little song and dance was utterly discredited by TH. He explained exactly how the code in question applied to the situation and how it was enforced. That you keep on with same tune just shows how hollow your self-proclaimed devotion to an open-mind truly is. You refuse to let go of any idea you have latched onto, no matter many times it is demonstrated to be false.

The world doesn't stop because TH makes a proclamation. Lawyers at the ADF are readying for a law suit if the police do not do the right thing and apologize with assurances that it will not happen again. The ADF has the audacity to ignore the proclamation of Town Heretic. I know, how can they do such a thing? It happens.

Then emulate him. You have placed far too much faith in your own understanding and are far too ready to dismiss anything that runs counter to your expectations.

I'm a chess player so appreciate the logic of a position. I'm not tied to a result but prefer to understand the position. I've learned that in chess if you are tied too much to habits, you will learn that "a fool and his pieces are soon parted." It is the same in life and on the Internet. When I read something other than righteous indignation it is a relief.

Then can the constant stream of self-conratulations and recognize that there are people who understand the situation better than you do. Acknowledge that you could be wrong. I have seen not a single shred of evidence of this humility in any of your posts.

IRL I know many that understand better than I do. I appreciate them because I learn by experience.

You were implying that being hated was a sign of greatness, Nick. They believed they were right, just like your examples did. They were considered threats by others, just like your examples.
A person isn't great because of who opposes them, they are opposed because they rock the boat- which can be good or bad depending on the boat, the water, and the person doing the rocking.

No. such people do not believe that they are right. They simply verify the human condition. Right and wrong are good arguments for cave life but in reality only fools fight in a burning house. These rare beings are concerned with awakening which is very annoying for those content with the prestige of cave life. The closer they get to the truth, the more annoyance becomes hatred and they get strung up, boiled in oil, or exposed to similar delights of the infuriated Beast.

People do that through critical self-examination, Nick. You can't even move past thouroughly discredited nonsense like this birther garbage yet alone form a coherent metaphysical model of Ultimate Reality.

Introspection is good for acclimating to cave life. Awakening requires the results of conscious impartial witnessing: "Know Thyself." Introspection just leads to a more favorable imagination of oneself.

PlastikBuddha

PB

You believe in a process without appreciation how it becomes corrupt. Why do you think so many people were strung up in the south? A trial is theoretically a good process. However with corrupt judges and bribed jurors it loses its value and becomes meaningless

The eligibility issue is the same. You speak of a process but completely unconcerned with its corruption.
False. You have completely failed to provide any evidence of corruption in this part of the process.
Not believing you is not the same as not caring about the process.
No one has verified Obama.
False.
No one with the authority to do so has verified that obama is a natural born citizen or signed their name to anything.
False.
This was all covered in the original thread. You know, the one where you just repeating these same things that you are repeating now.
The process became impotent through corruption. The question is proof of eligibility rather than the demand for the BC. No conclusive proof has been offered. The COLB initially released by fact check was even now doubted by fact check. To make matters worse, a person doesn't have to be born in Hawaii to acquire one. It is as simple as that
False.
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html
I believe that as a person worthy of the vote I am entitled to the necessary proof of eligibility to cast an educated vote.
I agree. Where we disagree is you being entitled to decide what does and does not qualify as proof of eligibily.
I don't trust politicians. You trust politicians so believe them incapable of the hoax of the century.
I trust politicians?
:rotfl:
About as far as I could throw most of them. I believe they are quite capable of a great of many things- but I don't think anyone actually did what you are saying they did in this particular case. The evidence is pretty clear, Nick.
You apparently trust politicians to respect a process that verifies eligibility.
You apparently just made a position up for me and are arguing merrily away against your own imagination.
:thumb:
Having fun?
To be really worthy of the vote you must respect it and respect what is necessary to cast an educated vote. It isn't blind obedience but direct proof of eligibility for anyone that desires it. Such a caution is necessary to sustain a free society.
Nobody here has argued otherwise.
I know it appears offensive to you to say but you cannot trust politicians.
You apparently know very little if you think that is news to anyone, Admiral Obvious of the good ship :duh:

You must verify. Forget "hope and change." A person worthy of the vote must feel a civic obligation to verify facts and not swallow all sorts of BS regardless of how wonderful it appears on the surface. Obama's natural born citizenship has not been verified. Anyone blindly accepting this IMO is not worthy of the vote though they are legally entitled to vote.
Again, not buying into your conspiracy theories doesn't mean someone is "blindly accepting" anything. If anyone is being gullible it is you- you are either presuming from the start that Obama MUST have been born in Kenya because the talking heads told you this or simply don't care where he was born and are a troll.

The world doesn't stop because TH makes a proclamation. Lawyers at the ADF are readying for a law suit if the police do not do the right thing and apologize with assurances that it will not happen again. The ADF has the audacity to ignore the proclamation of Town Heretic. I know, how can they do such a thing? It happens.
Your SPECIFIC objections to what went down were SPECIFICALLY answered in detail and shown to be biased and unrealistic. You have never wavered in your entirely subjective and uninformed opinion of what transpired and why despite being shown that it conflicts with the realities. You are uninterested in anything but your own agenda.

I'm a chess player so appreciate the logic of a position. I'm not tied to a result but prefer to understand the position.
Unfortunately, this statement stands in direct contradiction to the actuality of your posts here on TOL.
I've learned that in chess if you are tied too much to habits, you will learn that "a fool and his pieces are soon parted." It is the same in life and on the Internet. When I read something other than righteous indignation it is a relief.

IRL I know many that understand better than I do. I appreciate them because I learn by experience.
And yet you have failed to even consider the thoughts of a lawyer on matters directly relating to the law because they contradict your agenda!
:doh:
Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.

No. such people do not believe that they are right.
Uh, yeah, they do.
Evil only very seldom calls itself by name.
They simply verify the human condition. Right and wrong are good arguments for cave life but in reality only fools fight in a burning house.
Right and wrong are important, Nick. Do you think Christ was just putzing around down here?
These rare beings are concerned with awakening which is very annoying for those content with the prestige of cave life. The closer they get to the truth, the more annoyance becomes hatred and they get strung up, boiled in oil, or exposed to similar delights of the infuriated Beast.
You make it seem like the prerequisites to "awakening" are innate and predetermined, Nick. I'm hoping I'm wrong here.

Introspection is good for acclimating to cave life. Awakening requires the results of conscious impartial witnessing: "Know Thyself." Introspection just leads to a more favorable imagination of oneself.
Where do you get this garbage? Faith is passionate, love is passionate, Christianity is passionate. To "know thyself" is to understand and rightly channel passion, not eliminate it.

bybee

Agreed

Agreed

False. You have completely failed to provide any evidence of corruption in this part of the process.

False.

False.
This was all covered in the original thread. You know, the one where you just repeating these same things that you are repeating now.

False.
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

I agree. Where we disagree is you being entitled to decide what does and does not qualify as proof of eligibily.

I trust politicians?
:rotfl:
About as far as I could throw most of them. I believe they are quite capable of a great of many things- but I don't think anyone actually did what you are saying they did in this particular case. The evidence is pretty clear, Nick.

You apparently just made a position up for me and are arguing merrily away against your own imagination.
:thumb:
Having fun?

Nobody here has argued otherwise.

You apparently know very little if you think that is news to anyone, Admiral Obvious of the good ship :duh:

Again, not buying into your conspiracy theories doesn't mean someone is "blindly accepting" anything. If anyone is being gullible it is you- you are either presuming from the start that Obama MUST have been born in Kenya because the talking heads told you this or simply don't care where he was born and are a troll.

Your SPECIFIC objections to what went down were SPECIFICALLY answered in detail and shown to be biased and unrealistic. You have never wavered in your entirely subjective and uninformed opinion of what transpired and why despite being shown that it conflicts with the realities. You are uninterested in anything but your own agenda.

Unfortunately, this statement stands in direct contradiction to the actuality of your posts here on TOL.

And yet you have failed to even consider the thoughts of a lawyer on matters directly relating to the law because they contradict your agenda!
:doh:
Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.

Uh, yeah, they do.
Evil only very seldom calls itself by name.

Right and wrong are important, Nick. Do you think Christ was just putzing around down here?

You make it seem like the prerequisites to "awakening" are innate and predetermined, Nick. I'm hoping I'm wrong here.

Where do you get this garbage? Faith is passionate, love is passionate, Christianity is passionate. To "know thyself" is to understand and rightly channel passion, not eliminate it.

Well said!
bybee

Nick_A

PB

You are a blind believer so by definition blindly defend a misguided belief through this New Age critical thinking you share with those like TH.

No, we have a sitting president and no one in authority has proven on what basis but insist on the blind belief tht you favor. I don't know of another explanation other than the acceptance of corruption which makes people look the other way.

Fact check said something different when supporting Hillary. the COLB has been shown by experts that it is a hoax and how the hoax was made. I posted the link to the video that explains it for those who understand photoshop techniques.

You are blindly accepting a hoax. This means you either trust politicians or believe in the goals of the hoax. Either way you are misguided.

He may have been born on the moon for all I know. What I do know is that there is no proof of where he was born. The only thing offered is the COLB which one doesn't have to be born in Hawaii to get and is probably a hoax.

I considered them and found them wanting. I do not bow to the politician gods or the Great God TH.

No. You just don't understand Christ's mission. The fact that as we are, asleep to reality, we are incapable of objective evil, is the reason we are unable to sin against the Spirit and capable of salvation.

When you sleep at night, there are many reasons why you may awaken and can be either intentional or unintentional. It is the same with psycho/spiritual sleep. But to intentionally strive to awaken requires the recognition that one is asleep to reality.

No. what you call "passion" is why for many the faith OF Christ has degenerated into faith IN Christ, the capacity for love of life itself which is Christian love devolved into selective animal love, and the degeneration of Christianity into Christendom. What you call "passionate" when taken to the extreme is actually demonic.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is not a thread
for
trolls and attention whores
it is about

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...I considered them and found them wanting. I do not bow to the politician gods or the Great God TH.
Well, there's no altering your opinion...:drum:

You miss me, don't you...:think: Okay. You want my attention (this being your 2 for 2 in consecutive TH references), you have it.

Regarding your previous nonsense, when and if a brief/pleading is filed we'll know what and if they have a legal leg to stand on. Threatening is usually the tactic of someone without a substantive chance of achieving a victory before the bar. It's a way of building public pressure and exposure...that said, early on I noted the strongest legal challenge I could think of and set out why your objections failed to fall in any reasonable camp.

Now that was a substantive response to a bit of noise and nonsense. The next time I'm going to beat you to pieces with the ol funny stick you can't see coming, again. :D

bybee

And

And

this is not a thread
for
it is about

And of course you know this because of your exalted vantage point?
How is the air up there on the mountain top of superiority?
bybee

Status
Not open for further replies.