Real Science Friday: Darwin's Racists Author on BEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishes

All of which was given by God. Why do you so easily forget Him?

Romans 1:21 -- For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God, or give thanks; but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

1 Corinthians 4:7 -- What do you have that you did not receive? But if you did receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?

I think the Bible is wrong.
What then?

John Ladder

How flippant.

Let me guess: You have spent very little time questioning whether it is you that is wrong about your assessment of the Bible.

Dr.Watson

The guy asked a simple question, and now you're playing games. Why in the world can't someone be a farmer or clerk or geologist and live what you'd consider to be a "good" or moral life? Better yet, what exactly do you do for a living?

He prays and grovels and reads scripture. God provides him with manna just like he did the Israelites. Right John?

John Ladder

Wow, you just nailed it!

John 6:48-50 -- "I am the bread of life. Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.

"This is the bread which comes down out of heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die."
Perhaps you're reconsidering, and now want to be His disciple? :idea:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Wow, you just nailed it!

John 6:48-50 -- "I am the bread of life. Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.

"This is the bread which comes down out of heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die."

Maybe you'd like to give straight answers and stop weaseling away.

Dr.Watson

Wow, you just nailed it!

The funny thing is that we know you do have a career. And that in itself renders you a hypocrite of the highest order for more reasons than your comments here. Try:

Matthew 6:25-34

If you weren't such a deviant hypocrite, you would quit your job and trust in your god to provide everything for you.

John Ladder

No, you're both quite wrong. Stop yapping like unruly chihuahuas. Stop making excuses. Stop evading and get some courage to face the more critical aspects of your humanity.

2 Timothy 2:14-17 -- Remind them of these things, and solemnly charge them in the presence of God not to wrangle about words, which is useless, and leads to the ruin of the hearers.

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth.

But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness, and their talk will spread like gangrene.

DavisBJ

No, you're both quite wrong. Stop yapping like unruly chihuahuas. Stop making excuses. Stop evading and get some courage to face the more critical aspects of your humanity.
Now that’s a confusing answer. You start out by saying “No”, which as an answer to my question means you don’t have job or provide for a family. That might explain why you think no one should.

But then you say we are both (Watson, Granite and I makes more than “both”) quite wrong. Since you already answered “no” to my question about you being gainfully employed, I will assume the “both” who are quite wrong are Watson and Granite. I have no fear they can fend for themselves, especially against someone who hasn’t the motivation to be a productive member of the workforce.

Note to the world – Ladder is a freeloader.

Granite

Hall of Fame
John, what do you do for a living?

For someone who accuses others of not giving straight answers, you could lead by example and give us a plain answer to a simple question.

John Ladder

John, what do you do for a living?

For someone who accuses others of not giving straight answers, you could lead by example and give us a plain answer to a simple question.

:rolleyes:

Why should you continue to ask this, if not to potentially entail me in a ridicule of my credentials? You want to see if I do/don't have a theology degree, science degree, etc. so that you can then engage in ad hominem attacks. Or, you want to continue focusing on mere vocation instead of theology. Either way, you only want to have discourse on your terms, and I won't buy it.

Silly rabbit. Tell you what: You provide me with your resume and think I'll think about telling you what I do.

After that, it won't matter much, since you have shown us that capable of nothing more than one-line quips.

John Ladder

Now that’s a confusing answer. You start out by saying “No”, which as an answer to my question means you don’t have job or provide for a family. That might explain why you think no one should.

But then you say we are both (Watson, Granite and I makes more than “both”) quite wrong. Since you already answered “no” to my question about you being gainfully employed, I will assume the “both” who are quite wrong are Watson and Granite. I have no fear they can fend for themselves, especially against someone who hasn’t the motivation to be a productive member of the workforce.

Note to the world – Ladder is a freeloader.

Yet again, you're quite wrong. The Lord has blessed me tremendously with finances, among many other things. And, I've led some major efforts. I keep telling you that's not important, but you take no interest. So, I think we're done.

Let me know when you're ready to answer my questions from above.

(I mean, really, there's not much for me to be concerned with when all that's left are 3 atheists. Sheesh.)

DavisBJ

The Lord has blessed me tremendously with finances, among many other things.
Not all of use are so blessed. Many of us need to work for financial reasons. Does your indolence in the workplace come from your pampered position in life?
And, I've led some major efforts. I keep telling you that's not important, but you take no interest.
But the point is that for many, if not most people, an honest paying job is important. I have no idea why you said previously that people should not have jobs, but rather dedicate themselves to some vague spirtual quest. That doesn't put food on the table, or pay the rent or mortgage.
So, I think we're done.
Pulling a Seydlitz on me now, are you? Running away from what you don't want to talk about?
I mean, really, there's not much for me to be concerned with when all that's left are 3 atheists.
3 atheists, probably all gainfully and productively employed, and you, a pretend Christian, and an admitted leech on society.

John Ladder

Not all of use are so blessed. Many of us need to work for financial reasons.

Awww, too bad. :rain: Take it up with your Maker.

Keep mocking me, for I rejoice each time you do.

My contributions in the leadership of very large projects now benefit lots of people around the world and have made me lots of dough. I live in a gigantic house which we bought to host family and friends.

Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God!

I turn around and give much of it to folks that you would call freeloaders so that they may share in God's material gifts.

But there are things much more important than these labors.

Matthew 6:33 -- Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.
Many of my prayers have been answered specifically and abundantly.

In your face. :D Praise God!

If you actually had something valuable to contribute, I would reengage. :yawn:

DavisBJ

Awww, too bad. :rain: Take it up with your Maker.
I did.
Keep mocking me, for I rejoice each time you do.
I have never been a masochist. Do you really find it enjoyable?
My contributions in the leadership of very large projects now benefit lots of people around the world and have made me lots of dough. I live in a gigantic house which we bought to host family and friends.
Were those projects secular ones? Or were you faithful to your admonition to stay away from secular employment, and only seek spiritual gains?
Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God!
My record player does that sometimes too. Whap it on the side, and the needle will jump out of that stuck groove.
I turn around and give much of it to folks that you would call freeloaders so that they may share in God's material gifts.
I thought that being a freeloader was something to be discouraged, not rewarded. It is poor people, who labor honesty, that are deserving of some extra help. I thought your signature said you were a Christian?
But there are things much more important than these labors.
I don’t deny that. But honest labor is not a bad thing, nor does it prevent one from living fully as a Christian.
Many of my prayers have been answered specifically and abundantly.
Did you pray to become a loafer?
If you actually had something valuable to contribute, I would reengage. :yawn:
You said something to that effect last time, but it didn’t mean much that time either.

Dr.Watson

I live in a gigantic house which we bought to host family and friends.

And when are you going to sell it and give the money away to the needy?

God's material gifts? In what part of the bible is that described?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Why should you continue to ask this, if not to potentially entail me in a ridicule of my credentials?

To see if you're a hypocrite or not. As it is you strike me as a shut in who's incredibly bored.

You want to see if I do/don't have a theology degree, science degree, etc. so that you can then engage in ad hominem attacks.

Actually I couldn't care less about someone's education. Some of the densest people I've met were college grads and many of the wisest were autodidacts (one of the wisest literally ran away with the circus when he was a kid).

Or, you want to continue focusing on mere vocation instead of theology. Either way, you only want to have discourse on your terms, and I won't buy it.

Again: I wanted to see if you were a hypocrite or not. Considering you're not willing to answer a simple question all you really leave us with is the impression you're worked on from the start. You're a bore, a braggart, and an unimpressive paper tiger. You tell people they can't live moral lives through working, then refuse to even explain if you work or not. You're a waste.

And, frankly, I think you're lying through your teeth. Whether you're a pompous stuffed shirt in a mansion or (as I suspect) a mediocrity with undeserved arrogance doesn't matter. Onto the ignore list. And by the way: think of a better "story," pal, because it's transparent as hell.

John Ladder

The vitriolic sludge ceaselessly oozes from the atheist gallery. It flows more rapidly when you touch it in sensitive places.

Since you live on the bottom of humanity, you find nothing better to do but spew venom, like this neg rep comment I just got from Granite:
"You're an idiot and you'll die before I do."
Pathetic. Miserable. Vile.

This last post doesn't make any sense. Probably because it stretches his abilities beyond the quippy one-liner.

Perhaps I will die soon. So what?

Oh, let's think for a moment. This just tells how how much of a coward he is. He has much to fear from this rejection of God, despite his stridence to the contrary. Pascal is quite right: the risk is very, very immense.

It doesn't matter what you think of Him--in the end--nearly as much as what He thinks of you. He will have the last laugh.
Psalm 37:12-13 -- The wicked plots against the righteous, And gnashes at him with his teeth. The Lord laughs at him; For He sees his day is coming.
P.S. I thought I was already on his ignore list. Why then does he engage me again? What a strange way to attract attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.