Dead tiger bigger victim than dead man?

MindOverMatter

I will say this....

If it turns out that these tree guys actually helped the tiger out of it's cage, then they got what they deserved. HOWEVER, if it turns out that was not the case then clearly this is another instance of animal-nuts trying to make the animal look innocent and the humans look guilty (as usual).

Well, we’ll just have to wait and see. If that turns out to be the case, then the next question will have to be: How did these guys manage to help the tiger out of its cage?

secret33

(("Do you know how hard it is to procure more rights for your clients if they are going around mindlessly killing people? So right now the animal rights activists and their cohorts are in the middle of damage control. Gotta boost the image of those lower animals. Can’t let this little incident destroy that image. You can see them all in the thread placing all the blame on the human while defending the tiger. Hey, who can blame them? After all, that is their job. That is what they were born to do."))

The tiger was mindfully killing people. :plain: Which seeing as we feel it is ok to kill critters of other species for fun, would very much be a double standard if we are outraged at it.

(leopard hunting for example. I recently saw a magazine with two men proudly posing over the carcass of a leopard they had bagged on their hunting safari. They had to wait in a groundblind at the waterhole all day for it.)

Just a thought... If you go bear hunting and end up getting mauled, it's fair wouldn't you say? You wouldn't say the man was victimized, because every animal has a natural right to defend its life.

(Gotta boost the image of those lower animals.)

Nobody intelligent thinks they need to boost the image of a tiger by making it out to be a cuddly pet or a respectable citizen.
Every species, no matter how fierce or lowly (there is an endangered turtle where I live that only exists in a few square miles), has a right to exist. We shouldn't feel like we have a right to take up all of their habitat, even if it is to our economic advantage to put a shopping center in that field.
The destruction of other species is an extreme disservice to ourselves. To destroy the environment is to kill ourselves on the inside, for man is holistically the pinnacle of the natural world. It is the squandering our natural heritage like the foolish prodigal son with his wealth. We are stealing from our children and their children.
Many Native Americans had a rule when the council was making a decision, to consider not just the immediate impact on themselves, but to consider the impact it would have on their descendants 7 generations in the future.
As a young person, I feel a heavy pressing guilt at the thoughtless destruction my kind has perpetrated on the most dazzlingly beautiful thing, our own planet.
it's no surprise to me that suicide is the leading cause of death among teenagers.
Is "civilization" as we know it today, really an advance? Although we are more clever technologically, is it possible we are incredibly more stupid, and selfish, and unconscious? Maybe simple is better. I'm not saying that technological and societal development is wrong, but to proceed to blitz the world with our machines, buildings, and ravenous pillaging of natural resources just to fuel our economic growth, with no consideration of the longterm repercussions of our actions is.
No wonder we find ourselves complaining about our materialistic, spiritually dead world.

"Strange beautiful, grass of green
with your majestic silver seas
Your mysterious mountains I wish to see closer"

johana

Too bad about the Tiger. But the fact remains. If these guys got drunk and taunted the tiger until it attacked them, I don't have much sympathy for them. Stupidity is one thing; cruelty to animals is quite another.

Given that people who kill and torture other people often have a history of mistreating animals, the tiger might have even done a service to the rest of us.

:doh: Don't get her started on that "my-boys-tortured-animals-and-good-for-them" path again. It's painful.

MindOverMatter

I'm not saying they got what they deserve, because no human being deserves to die(except pedophiles and rapists).

MOM has said before but it doesn’t hurt to be reminded of it: Actually, at some point in time everyone is deserving of death. So it’s just a matter of when and how that death comes.

However, keeping the second most dangerous land born predator in a cage and expecting it to act domesticated is irrational thinking.

True.

zoo22

No doubt. I use to work with a guy who was about as bright as these three. He ended up dead at 18. Shot twice by a police officer who was an expert marksman. The idiot was stupid enough to fire at the officers car. I'd say this is along the same lines as that. Taunting a tiger is similar to firing at a police officer who is an excellent marksman.

Actually, one of them had assaulted a police officer before.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Actually, one of them had assaulted a police officer before.

I just knew that tiger probably had a rap sheet as long as his arm...and by his arm I mean the one no longer attached to somebody else. :squint:

Something funny about you posting in this thread. :idunno:

This has inspired me to add to my signature though. :think:

red77

I'm not defending the dead tiger or the dead drunk muslim with a slingshot. And I'm not anthropomorphizing the tiger, either. Higher mammals are not simple emotionless automatons.

animals aren't subject to any moral laws at all, period, therefore the tiger doesn't need to be defended for anything it did....

Do you regularly use a 'th' in place of a 'ph'?

A lot of blacks in this country substitute 'f' for 'th', they end up saying dopey things like: 'Happy Birfday'.

But many of them are illiterate morons, I was just wondering what your excuse was.

Yes, what a surprise, BB has a go at blacks yet again :yawn:

I don't need an excuse, surprisingly enough "English" actually stems from - ooh - lets think, England! and as such it's not illiterate to spell words such as organise with an 's', but if you wanna be captain pedantic then hey, knock yurself out....

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
animals aren't subject to any moral laws at all, period, therefore the tiger doesn't need to be defended for anything it did....

Huh? :confused:

Yes, what a surprise, BB has a go at blacks yet again :yawn:

Just pointing out how stupid someone sounds when they completely mispronounce a word, like you did.

I don't need an excuse, surprisingly enough "English" actually stems from - ooh - lets think, England!

And yet, many of the Englanders here don't have a very good grasp of the language. Have you read any of Doogie Talons' posts? And just today he was bragging about his 'proper English' education. :darwinsm:

and as such it's not illiterate to spell words such as organise with an 's', but if you wanna be captain pedantic then hey, knock yurself out....

Like I already pointed out, you substituted a 'th' for a 'ph'. Is that a common practice in England?

red77

Huh? :confused:

Just pointing out how stupid someone sounds when they completely mispronounce a word, like you did.

And yet, many of the Englanders here don't have a very good grasp of the language. Have you ready any of Doogie Talons posts? And just today he was bragging about his 'proper English' education. :darwinsm:

Like I already pointed out, you substituted a 'th' for a 'ph'. Is that a common practice in England?

Have I 'ready' any of Doogie Talons' posts? If you want to be so pedantic about language then at least make sure you get your own posts ship shape BB :chuckle: and you've 'pointed out' something thats in your own head, where, exactly, did I substitute a 'th' for a 'ph' in this thread, that was your own oh so 'subtle' go at the black population again, if you wanna use z's all the time then go for it, tell ya what, here's a few more...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :sleep:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Have I 'ready' any of Doogie Talons' posts? If you want to be so pedantic about language then at least make sure you get your own posts ship shape BB :chuckle:

I have no idea what you are talking about.

and you've 'pointed out' something thats in your own head, where, exactly, did I substitute a 'th' for a 'ph' in this thread, that was your own oh so 'subtle' go at the black population again, if you wanna use z's all the time then go for it, tell ya what, here's a few more...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :sleep:

Right here:

The tiger could only be 'at fault' in the eyes of those who like to anthropomorthise human characteristics onto animals :doh:

red77

I have no idea what you are talking about.

How can I 'ready' another person's post? I can read them......

Right here:

Ah, I see, it wasn't so much the 'z' that got to you after all then, oversight on spelling on my part with that then, fair enough, I suppose I'd better sit through my English exam again as a result before posting again, can we move on from this pedantry now by any chance?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
How can I 'ready' another person's post? I can read them......

I don't know what you are talking about, the post in question looks fine to me. :idunno:

Ah, I see, it wasn't so much the 'z' that got to you after all then, oversight on spelling on my part with that then, fair enough, I suppose I'd better sit through my English exam again as a result before posting again, can we move on from this pedantry now by any chance?

If we must.......

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Getting back to the topic--Taunt people--NOT animals!

Tigers are wild animals. Teasing and taunting them will almost certainly result in trouble.

Just because serial killers and school shooters were supposedly teased and taunted by others, does not excuse their behavior. But people are different and should be able to handle such things.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Getting back to the topic--Taunt people--NOT animals!

Tigers are wild animals. Teasing and taunting them will almost certainly result in trouble.

Just because serial killers and school shooters were supposedly teased and taunted by others, does not excuse their behavior. But people are different and should be able to handle such things.

Absolutely ... it makes no sense to expect even a domestic animal to have manners and be civilized IF taunted ... it makes less sense to expect such a standard of wild animals. They aren't evil ... it's in their nature.

noguru

Thanks Sozo, I suspected that it was something like that. The tiger probably felt threatened and was agitated by their antics. So to eliminate the perceived threat she attacked them. Then once she was out of the containment she attacked other nearby.

Sozo

I haven't read this thread, but to me it seems that the zoo is fully to blame. No one knows when the tiger might have reacted like this, and it's their responsibilty to keep it contained. It's impossible to know what a tiger is thinking, and could have been just as irritated by a crying baby in a stroller.

noguru

I haven't read this thread, but to me it seems that the zoo is fully to blame. No one knows when the tiger might have reacted like this, and it's their responsibilty to keep it contained. It's impossible to know what a tiger is thinking, and could have been just as irritated by a crying baby in a stroller.

Yes, the Zoo was obviously negligent. Since the tiger did escape from its containment. At a zoo there is the expectation that the animals will be contained so as not to bring any physical harm to the customers. The negligence of the teenagers is irrelevant in a liability suit. The negligence of the zoo may even be criminal. Negligence can be a criminal offense. I think it is called depraved indifference. If it can be shown that the zoo should have known (or did know) the risks involved with what they used for containment of the tiger, that is criminal negligence.

Last edited:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

I agree and have said the same thing a few times in this thread. Here is one example. :devil:

Before this little incident, did anyone have a problem with the way that the tiger was contained?

According to the news reports that have come out since the incident, the cage was not properly built. It is the zoos responsibility to make sure their cages conform to whatever requirements are deemed the industry standard.

How about the jungle? Wouldn’t the jungle be a proper container for the tiger? Has anybody ever thought about using the jungle?

I have thought about leaving you stranded in the middle of a tiger infested jungle, yes.