Is the Bible the only sacred texts and why or why not.

jsanford108

Should I not believe your word?

Please answer me;

Can I trust your own personal words?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Not to intrude; if you trust the Qu'ran (even as in any way "sacred"), you should trust anyone's personal words/ideas. The Qu'ran was authored by a guy claiming to have a vision from an angel in a cave, by himself. A vision which led to "knowledge" which directly contradicts the teachings of Judaism and Christianity.

The author also beat and raped women, including minors, and committed heinous war crimes.

So, if you trust the writings of a terrorist, then why not trust any civilized person more so?

(I have been keeping up with this thread, but haven't seen any point to add my cent's worth; this comment of yours just struck me as ironic) I apologize if this detracts from the conversation. If I have intruded, feel free to let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

God's Truth

That's okay. We know we don't have to see things exactly the same.

Who isn't against Christ is on His part. Would you like to discuss it? I am curious as to how you see the free will offering.

God wants us to offer our bodies as living sacrifices.

He wants us to help our family in need.

We are to share with others.

However, giving material gifts of value to the priest is not something I see as what to do in the New Covenant.

glorydaz

The Bible says one Spirit.

You make Jesus' "man spirit" of no effect.

God = Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

There's the ONE SPIRIT. Can you read?

He's also known as the Comforter.

Yet, you have no Comforter, but are ever seeking and never coming to the knowledge of the Truth.

SPIRIT OF TRUTH.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.​

God's Truth

That isn't what I asked.

Should I not believe your word?

According to you you are a woman. We have spoken about it before rather briefly, but it did come up.

Please answer me;

Can I trust your own personal words?

I do not talk about my gender. You are mistaken. My gender is not important.

God's Truth

God = Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

There's the ONE SPIRIT. Can you read?

He's also known as the Comforter.

Yet, you have no Comforter, but are ever seeking and never coming to the knowledge of the Truth.

SPIRIT OF TRUTH.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.​

Jesus' Spirit is the Comforter.

There is only one, but you make Jesus with a spirit of a man and that makes TWO SPIRITS, but Jesus' man spirit of no effect.

popsthebuilder

Not to intrude; if you trust the Qu'ran (even as in any way "sacred"), you should trust anyone's personal words/ideas. The Qu'ran was authored by a guy claiming to have a vision from an angel in a cave, by himself. A vision which led to "knowledge" which directly contradicts the teachings of Judaism and Christianity.

The author also beat and raped women, including minors, and committed heinous war crimes.

So, if you trust the writings of a terrorist, then why not trust any civilized person more so?

(I have been keeping up with this thread, but haven't seen any point to add my cent's worth; this comment of yours just struck me as ironic) I apologize if this detracts from the conversation. If I have intruded, feel free to let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
You aren't intruding and are welcome to speak freely; especially in such a level manner.

All I can say is that we receive Messengers, or rather, we are sent Messengers like unto us; Mohammad was sent to people who he was like o suppose. I do not know about him and have not studied about him. That in no way refutes the truth of the quran though. The book is about the law of GOD and not about Mohammad specifically.

I don't believe every spirit, but that them against what I know to be true by the grace and will of GOD. I can show you things in the OT that seem wholly contrary to the will of GOD, but I don't let that scare me away from the manifold truth within it's pages.

As for her and I, our matter is more of one based mostly on previous private discussion.

Your opinion is welcome. Please feel free to respond anytime you feel the need.

peace

God's Truth

I asked of I should continue to believe you out right, to which you didn't respond.

You just told me that I don't know if you are male or female though we have discussed it, which leads me to conclude that maybe I shouldn't take your word for things any more.

Now you are saying I should just believe you.

So you not see the problem with that?

You keep saying we talked about my gender. I don't do that. You are mistaken. Why would I talk about my gender to you? Why would you ask me? When did you ask me?

popsthebuilder

God wants us to offer our bodies as living sacrifices.

He wants us to help our family in need.

We are to share with others.

However, giving material gifts of value to the priest is not something I see as what to do in the New Covenant.
I agree with everything you said except o am confused as to why you equate free will offering to material possessions.

Would you elaborate for me please?

God's Truth

I agree; it doesn't really come up too often. But you did disclose it to me at some previous point. It isn't important, you are right.

You are not honest, because I have not told you my gender. If I did tell you, but I didn't, I would tell you not to disclose it. Everyone here knows I don't speak of my gender because I am falsely condemned to Hell by people who do not even know if I am a man or a woman, and I like it like that.

God's Truth

I agree with everything you said except o am confused as to why you equate free will offering to material possessions.

Would you elaborate for me please?

First give the scriptures about free will offerings, and then maybe you will find your answer.

popsthebuilder

You are not honest, because I have not told you my gender. If I did tell you, but I didn't, I would tell you not to disclose it. Everyone here knows I don't speak of my gender because I am falsely condemned to Hell by people who do not even know if I am a man or a woman, and I like it like that.
There was a time when you trusted me to some extent I suppose, because you told me.

It is not important. Must we argue about something so very petty?

It makes no difference to me really, if you are a man or woman. You are a fellow believer. That is good enough. I will consider your words differently now though, just so you know, not that you care or not.

God's Truth

There was a time when you trusted me to some extent I suppose, because you told me.

It is not important. Must we argue about something so very petty?

It makes no difference to me really, if you are a man or woman. You are a fellow believer. That is good enough. I will consider your words differently now though, just so you know, not that you care or not.

You say it is petty but you say that you are going to consider my words different now. That shows you are a hypocrite and dishonest.

I had not ever told you my gender. There would never be any reason to.

glorydaz

I have repeatedly stated that the Quran brought me to Christ and that to me, at this time, Christ is synonimous with the Spirit of the One GOD almighty.

So how do you justify saying that I seek other gods, and that you aren't lying?

Context context; I said now at this time, as in upon being taken up and placed at the right hand of GOD.

You are laughing about the Christ being synonymous with GOD if you aren't aware.

This is why I laugh. Read the yellow above.

Christ is the Son of God. Not the Spirit of God.

In the BEGINNING, the Word was with and was God....The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. That Word is the Lord Jesus Christ....FROM THE BEGINNING....the creator of all things. John 1:1-3, John 1:14