ARCHIVE: My niece is gay and I love her for it. So does God.

Sozo

Originally posted by quasi
pedophiles are harmful, you are ignoring the fact that she is harming no one, to ignore who she is to try to change would bring about more harm.

If you don't think homosexuality is harmful to society, you are living in an illusion.

quasi

there is no harm thats why no one has answered, and they better not post the ridiculous AIDS statistics again. did that come off of gospel johns site?

wickwoman

Dear Quasi:

Thanks for joining us. Rumi is a terrific Sufi Poet. I will send some of his work your way via "Wickwoman's gay neice." Thank you for agreeing with me about her. You obviously have impeccable taste. You see, the problem with Sozo and Freak and other less intelligent posters is that they DON'T personally know and love someone like her. Otherwise, their whole system of beliefs would go down the toilet.

As far as getting examples of how homosexual lifestyle hurts society, we won't hold our breath for an intelligent answer. You noticed maybe that nobody had ANYTHING to say about the scriptures posted several pages ago and the discussion on how the Bible does not necessarily condemn homosexuality.

Finally, I agree organized religion, for the most part, leaves a lot to be desired. But as far as God, he/she always lives up to our highest expectations.

o2bwise

An Appeal To Intellectual Vigor

An Appeal To Intellectual Vigor

Hi quasi,

Welcome!

She cannot help who she loves anymore than we can, and to try to change someones very basic desires is to bring about pain and ignore the very essence of our humanity, to love.

Well, the first chapter in Leanne Payne's The Broken Image is about a woman she counselled. Entirely lesbian, no heterosexual desires. "Born" that way, it would seem.

Turns out this woman had no memories between ~2-5 years of age. She was enabled to revisit this period of her life. At the age of three, Lisa was sexually molested by her father (who forced her to have oral sex with him). They were caught by her mother who screamed. When Lisa went toward her mother to console her, her mother pushed her away.

Lisa is now heterosexual and I, for one, thank God that someone tried to help her in terms of "who she could love."

Obviously, because of your basenote, I am not here to appeal to you spiritually, but I am here to appeal to you intellectually.

1) If a premise is clearly known to NOT be universally true, it is rather difficult to maintain it must be true for specific cases.

I apply #1 to:
The concept that "I was always this way" being equivalent to "I was born this way."

I also apply it to:
One cannot and ought not "change" who one loves.

Now, I can almost anticipate that you would take the above example as some severe, highly peculiar example and thus deny its possible applicability to anyone else. But, I think this would be far too simplistic a tack to take. Human behavior is very complex and has many possibilities. I think a more intelligent course would be to leave that forum open to other possibilities, than the narrow-minded, dogmatic mantra I was born this way.

Lisa was not.

Aqua, I was once very, very much on the side of homosexual orientation. Consider the analogy of a stream, rushing unimpeded in a certain direction (sexual expression where there is no brokenness) and another stream, whose direction is skewed by the presence of rocks. I have had three or four rocks identified. Rocks being areas of brokenness.

I know too many people, including myself, who are "reorientated."

Consider the following as a "physical realm" analogy. Sometimes people always had a health condition and never even knew it. After they no longer had the health condition, they couldn't believe how much better they felt.

I can't call unwellness, wellness.

Tony (o2)

Last edited:

aquamulier

o2:

I'm thrilled that reorientation therapy worked for you and the girl in the book. If a person is unhappy with there sexuality they should at least try to change it. But I am happy, fulfilled, loved, and whole. I am not lacking anything now and when I dated guys there was a big piece missing. All therapy did for me was make me feel like a failure and plunge me into depression. So do you REALLY think it's a good idea that I try again...

o2bwise

Hi Aqua...

Hi Aqua...

Hi aqua,

Actually, my post was to quasi.

I think it's a good idea that you do exactly as I encouraged.

Just follow on to know the Lord. Just have an ever deepening experience where that is concerned.

God Bless,

Tony (o2)

o2bwise

Thank You...

Thank You...

Thanks, aqua.

Just hopin' the very best for you and that's all I could ask of you to hope for me! :)

God Bless Ya...

Tony (o2)

Rapunzel

Goose's Publicist
Honest opinion...(I may get stoned for this) ahem...but Aqua i think you are totally blessed. You can withstand persecution about this and I know you'll remain strong. Don't let people belittle you because you are YOU. As far as I'm concerned.. Keep it up!!! :D

Rapunzel

Goose's Publicist
Anytime! I just don't see the reasoning behind people being so vicious to one another. It is clear that you are whole hearted in your endeavors and YES. God LOVES you for that.

Jesus Lives!

Re: Re: Something wicked this way comes....

Re: Re: Something wicked this way comes....

Originally posted by wickwoman
Dear Leo:

Are you making an argument for pedophilia? It seems you believe that nobody is harmed by pedophiles. Either that or you've gotten your sins mixed up.

I haven't seen a reasonable challenge to the idea that being gay harms no one.

Any sexual relations outside of marriage between one man and one woman harms everyone including the people practicing the sin.

O that would be evil though to most, marriage between one man and one woman. And no sex outside that marriage. Could you imagine a world like that? Where would all the sexual diease's go? MMMM but we insist on calling evil good soooooo WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE EVIL DIEASE"S that YOU insist on telling us that HURT NO ONE.

O and what about the consciences and souls of those who find homosexuallity evil? Do you think that it does not harm them? Please!!! My soul grieves every time I see someone trying to say evil is good. It harms me. BUT because I call evil evil I don't count right? And my opinion is just hate riden right? What I call hate is if I do something to offend my brother and think NOTHING of it and just brush him off to the side. And then that which offends him I will flaunt it in his face and smear it in until I have weaken him to the point where he is subject to just take it. Then I will subject my behavior to his children and cause that which completely offends him becomes a practice of his closest loved ones. LET ME TELL YOU thats NOT LOVE.

Aimiel

Therapy would not be necessary, if you were to repent. God is able to reconcile all things to Himself, in Christ Jesus. Your errors can be corrected and forgiven, if you will but seek Him, in truth. He will never turn anyone away, who seeks Him. Ask Him to show you The Truth. He will. He has never refused that request, from anyone.

wickwoman

If AIDS is God's wrath on homosexuals, it is also his wrath on hemopheliac children.

Adult onset Diabetes is God's wrath on fat people.

Poison ivy and ants are God's wrath on those who sit in grass.

Alzeheimer's disease and death are God's wrath against old people.

Flu is God's wrath on the rest of us.

Ronald Reagan did more to spread "evil" during his "reign" by denying the AIDS crisis during a critical time and spouting such rubbish as found in the "logic" of statements such as is found above.

By the way, a husband can contract an infection without contacting any other person and transmit it to his wife. Maybe your God just doesn't like any kind of sex.

Freak

Originally posted by wickwoman

By the way, a husband can contract an infection without contacting any other person and transmit it to his wife. Maybe your God just doesn't like any kind of sex.
Why do you insist on always talking about sex, WW? ;)