ARCHIVE: Pro-choice on abortion, Anti-choice on avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwirly

Admin Note: This thread was split from Ask Knight.

I'm pretty new here, so I didn't really know where to go for this, but here it is:

I'd like to ask if Jefferson could be made to change their avatar, seeing as I find it highly offensive. I don't like stumbling upon his posts/replies and being presented with a dead fetus. Is there anything that can be done about this? It's discusting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm pretty new here, so I didn't really know where to go for this, but here it is:

I'd like to ask if Jefferson could be made to change their avatar, seeing as I find it highly offensive. I don't like stumbling upon his posts/replies and being presented with a dead fetus. Is there anything that can be done about this? It's discusting.
It is offensive that's true.

What's more offensive?

- Jefferson's avatar?

or.....

- Abortion?

Shwirly

It is offensive that's true.

What's more offensive?

- Jefferson's avatar?

or.....

- Abortion?

The fact of the matter is that someone on you forum is offended by another. Are you going to do anything or not?
I find them both offensive by the way.

wholearmor

I'd like to ask if Shwirly's post could be deleted, seeing as I find it highly offensive. I don't like stumbling upon her posts/replies and being presented with a dead soul. Is there anything that can be done about this? It's disgusting.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The fact of the matter is that someone on you forum is offended by another. Are you going to do anything or not?
I find them both offensive by the way.
Really? You are offended by abortion, that's good, you should be offended.

What are you going to do about abortion?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

It serves a purpose for Jefferson to declare himself--a bit ostentatiously--PRO-LIFE.

He could just as easily have an avatar of a shredded dead Iraqi child or a lost family weeping over a flag-covered casket and demonstrated the same pro-life ideal.

..but don't hold your breath!;)

Shwirly

Really? You are offended by abortion, that's good, you should be offended.

What are you going to do about abortion?

I fail to see what my personal actions or inactions have to do with someone displaying an offensive picture in a forum open to the public. Me and others being subjected to a dead fetus picture is not going to help the cause. Most of the people on this forum are anit-abort anyway, so I fail to see what kind of impact it would make...

The picture is disgusting, I'm just asking that he have it changed to something less graphic. I'm not saying that he can't protest abortion--but there are other, less vomitus ways of doing it.

Shwirly

I'd like to ask if Shwirly's post could be deleted, seeing as I find it highly offensive. I don't like stumbling upon her posts/replies and being presented with a dead soul. Is there anything that can be done about this? It's disgusting.

Why are you attacking me, pray tell? I'm sorry if I'm complaing about seeing a dead fetus floating around the forum, excuse me, I must be dead inside. You would know what that is like, I'd wager.

Shwirly

It serves a purpose for Jefferson to declare himself--a bit ostentatiously--PRO-LIFE.

He could just as easily have an avatar of a shredded dead Iraqi child or a lost family weeping over a flag-covered casket and demonstrated the same pro-life ideal.

..but don't hold your breath!;)

"shredded dead Iraqi child" You do realise that a dead body is a dead body and I'd complain either way.
I'm not saying he can't protest, I just don't see why parading around with a dead fetus is considered acceptable behavior.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I fail to see what my personal actions or inactions have to do with someone displaying an offensive picture in a forum open to the public. Me and others being subjected to a dead fetus picture is not going to help the cause. Most of the people on this forum are anit-abort anyway, so I fail to see what kind of impact it would make...

The picture is disgusting, I'm just asking that he have it changed to something less graphic. I'm not saying that he can't protest abortion--but there are other, less vomitus ways of doing it.
Hey, have you seen godsfreewill avatar?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Why are you attacking me, pray tell? I'm sorry if I'm complaing about seeing a dead fetus floating around the forum, excuse me, I must be dead inside. You would know what that is like, I'd wager.

You aren't very tolerant are you?

That's what were all about here...tolerance. We don't tolerate the intolerant!:rotfl:

Anyways...

Mr. Knight sir...

I heard it said that Denver Bible Church was using Ray Comforts "The Way of the Master" series in a Sunday school class.

How has the experience been? I watch the program whenever I can catch it on TV and am always interested in seeing how others outside of his immediate ministry are doing with it. Have those at DBC done any street preaching using the techniques of the good person test etc...? If so, what are the reactions to those you encounter?

Shwirly

Hey, have you seen godsfreewill avatar?

I hadn't no. If you allow this kind of gross material to be displayed in avatars, how would you feel about nudity? I'm curious. If someone wanted to protest their right to public nudity, by having a naked person in their avatar, would this be acceptable behavior on TOL?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I hadn't no. If you allow this kind of gross material to be displayed in avatars, how would you feel about nudity? I'm curious. If someone wanted to protest their right to public nudity, by having a naked person in their avatar, would this be acceptable behavior on TOL?
Try it and find out. :)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

:baby:

Have you always whined like this, or is it just recently?

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator

I know it's difficult to look at, but it did get your attention. So many people don't believe that these little babies are humans. I thankful for every post Jefferson makes because it reminds us what abortion really is. The murder of an innocent life.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I know it's difficult to look at, but it did get your attention. So many people don't believe that these little babies are humans. I thankful for every post Jefferson makes because it reminds us what abortion really is. The murder of an innocent life.
Amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.