Your Approach to Torah Study

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Shlishli, the Third Month, the Eighth Day, Evening and Morning, Night and Day.

When you study Torah, what is your approach? How do you study Torah? What do you study?

Do you have any questions for me?

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
My approach is to stay away from it. Because if I keep any part of it I will fall from grace and be subject to the whole entire thing.

[Gal 5:1-4
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

[Jas 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one [point], he is guilty of all.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My approach is to stay away from it. Because if I keep any part of it I will fall from grace and be subject to the whole entire thing.

1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing.
3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who [attempt to] be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

[Jas 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one [point], he is guilty of all.

It is Shlishli (Third), the Third Month, the Eighth Day, Boker (Morning), Yom (Day).

I do not believe that it makes sense to have a fear of obeying God, even though there is a New Covenant is true.

Danoh

Shalom.

Today is Shlishli, the Third Month, the Eighth Day, Evening and Morning, Night and Day.

When you study Torah, what is your approach? How do you study Torah? What do you study?

Do you have any questions for me?

Shalom.

Jacob

My approach is to read, say, a book like Genesis repeatedly, just for greater and greater familiarity with its' content as a whole, with each exposure to it all.

Other times I conduct very extensive passage comparison.

Often within the same book in Scripture.

Other times within different books in Scripture.

I learned this many years ago, when I first began to study the Bible on my own.

One day, I ran into a Pentecostalist who kept insisting some things about the book of Hebrews.

Not knowing what to make of his assertions, I did the following...

After I got home, I took an index card; wrote down the numbers 1-50, and proceeded to just read and re-read the entire book of Hebrews; checking off a number each time, until I had read Hebrews 50 times.

About 6 or 7 times into my re-reading, various of its passages began to shed light on the meaning of other of its passages.

It began to dawn on me that both reading and re-reading a book in Scripture, together with comparing passages with one another might be a good approach.

Later, while reading through other books in the Bible, it became obvious to me my approach was sound...

Case in point...

Daniel 9:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

Over time, I learned other study principles from the Scripture.

When PROPERLY approached, Scripture can be...its own best Scripture Study Approach Manual, towards...

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Which allows the following...

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

8:12 And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.

In short, 2 Tim. 3:16-17, in light of 2 Tim. 2:15-18.

And in memory of Rom. 5:6-8.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My approach is to read, say, a book like Genesis repeatedly, just for greater and greater familiarity with its' content as a whole, with each exposure to it all.

Other times I conduct very extensive passage comparison.

Often within the same book in Scripture.

Other times within different books in Scripture.

I learned this many years ago, when I first began to study the Bible on my own.

One day, I ran into a Pentecostalist who kept insisting some things about the book of Hebrews.

Not knowing what to make of his assertions, I did the following...

After I got home, I took an index card; wrote down the numbers 1-50, and proceeded to just read and re-read the entire book of Hebrews; checking off a number each time, until I had read Hebrews 50 times.

About 6 or 7 times into my re-reading, various of its passages began to shed light on the meaning of other of its passages.

It began to dawn on me that both reading and re-reading a book in Scripture, together with comparing passages with one another might be a good approach.

Later, while reading through other books in the Bible, it became obvious to me my approach was sound...

Case in point...

Daniel 9:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

Over time, I learned other study principles from the Scripture.

When PROPERLY approached, Scripture can be...its own best Scripture Study Approach Manual, towards...

Isaiah 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Which allows the following...

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

8:12 And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.

In short, 2 Tim. 3:16-17, in light of 2 Tim. 2:15-18.

And in memory of Rom. 5:6-8.

Have you begun with the Torah, the Law of Moses, or the Law?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is Shlishli (Third), the Third Month, the Eighth Day, Boker (Morning), Yom (Day).

I do not believe that it makes sense to have a fear of obeying God, even though there is a New Covenant is true.

I said
That's just it I am obeying God through Jesus Christ. The new testament is very clear. If you don't abide(live) in the new testament YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT GOD.

[2Jo 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
That's just it I am obeying God through Jesus Christ. The new testament is very clear. If you don't abide(live) in the new testament YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT GOD.

[2Jo 1:8-11
8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but [that] we may receive a full reward.
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

Today is Revi'i (Fourth) the Third Month the Ninth Day. It is actually Evening, Night, before Morning, Day. Laylah means Night. Erev means Evening. Morning is Boker. Day is Yom.

If you want to know the true God you must read hear or accept the Torah and the TaNaK. Learn also of Jesus. Jesus, Yeshua, is not only the Messiah, Master, Lord, Savior, King, He is also the Only Begotten Son of God.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Today is Revi'i (Fourth) the Third Month the Ninth Day. It is actually Evening, Night, before Morning, Day. Laylah means Night. Erev means Evening. Morning is Boker. Day is Yom.

If you want to know the true God you must read hear or accept the Torah and the TaNaK. Learn also of Jesus. Jesus, Yeshua, is not only the Messiah, Master, Lord, Savior, King, He is also the Only Begotten Son of God.

I said
I know Jesus very well I have received about 3000 of His revelations. Jesus is the one who said. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers. You cant know God without Jesus. You cant get to God unless it is through Jesus. Jesus is the new testament.

[Jhn 10:1-2, 8-9, 11, 14
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. ...
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. ...
11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. ...
14 "I am the good shepherd; and I know My [sheep], and am known by My own.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
I know Jesus very well I have received about 3000 of His revelations. Jesus is the one who said. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers. You cant know God without Jesus. You cant get to God unless it is through Jesus. Jesus is the new testament.

[Jhn 10:1-2, 8-9, 11, 14
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. ...
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. ...
11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. ...
14 "I am the good shepherd; and I know My [sheep], and am known by My own.

It is Revi'i (Fourth) the Third Month the Ninth Day, Boker (Morning), Yom (Day).

Jesus is spoken of in what we call the new testament, though He is also spoken of in what people call the old testament, or the TaNaK. You can find His words throughout the new testament.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is Revi'i (Fourth) the Third Month the Ninth Day, Boker (Morning), Yom (Day).

Jesus is spoken of in what we call the new testament, though He is also spoken of in what people call the old testament, or the TaNaK. You can find His words throughout the new testament.

I said
lol Your guessing and your wrong. Jesus first spoke in the new testament.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is Boker, Morning. Yom, Day. The Third Month. The Tenth Day.

Sounds good. Thank you.

I said
You have fallen from grace.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
You have fallen from grace.

No. You would have to sin or be engaged in legalism for that. You cannot be justified by the law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Then why do you teach the Torah?

I am a Jew, for one. Remember what Paul wrote to Timothy, a Jew, a believer, in 2 Timothy 3:16-17. See also what Jesus, Yeshua, said in Matthew 5:18-19. As for the old covenant it has been made obsolete with the coming of God's New Covenant for the House of Israel and the House of Judah, which involves God's law. Or is it becoming obsolete?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I am a Jew, for one. Remember what Paul wrote to Timothy, a Jew, a believer, in 2 Timothy 3:16-17. See also what Jesus, Yeshua, said in Matthew 5:18-19. As for the old covenant it has been made obsolete with the coming of God's New Covenant for the House of Israel and the House of Judah, which involves God's law. Or is it becoming obsolete?

I said
That is a lie. The new covenant does not involve the Torah. It involves the new testament law of Christ.