Young Physicist on the boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

Just found this forum. I attend a small Berean fellowship in the middle of Nebraska, and I'm here to read and to learn.

I believe in two sources of truth, the Word of God, and the works of his hands- the universe around us.

I dabble with lasers and high voltage on a daily basis, and I carry strong views concerning the Christian's role in the scientific community, and the roles of science in the Christian's life.

I study physics at the University of Nebraska, and I'm looking to stretch my view of the Bible, and looking solidify my faith in the Word by being challenged by those who are much smarter than I.

Thanks for having me here!

-Tyler

Meatball

Heya!

Second law of thermodynamics state that entropy is always positive- always increasing.

All forms of energy in the universe are to trying to become evenly dispersed to point where there is no net energy, no net force, or net charge on any system of particles.

What does it prove? Not much actually! By itself, its not sufficient evidence for the impossibility of biological evolution if that's what you mean.

Thanks for the Welcome guys!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Heya!

Second law of thermodynamics state that entropy is always positive- always increasing.

All forms of energy in the universe are to trying to become evenly dispersed to point where there is no net energy, no net force, or net charge on any system of particles.

What does it prove? Not much actually! By itself, its not sufficient evidence for the impossibility of biological evolution if that's what you mean.

Thanks for the Welcome guys!

so you have evidence that biology can decrease entropy?
or
create energy?

bybee

Just found this forum. I attend a small Berean fellowship in the middle of Nebraska, and I'm here to read and to learn.

I believe in two sources of truth, the Word of God, and the works of his hands- the universe around us.

I dabble with lasers and high voltage on a daily basis, and I carry strong views concerning the Christian's role in the scientific community, and the roles of science in the Christian's life.

I study physics at the University of Nebraska, and I'm looking to stretch my view of the Bible, and looking solidify my faith in the Word by being challenged by those who are much smarter than I.

-Tyler

Welcome Tyler. Be not dismayed! You will find much here that will edify you, some that may enrage you and some that may disgust you. But you will learn about your Christian faith!
I advise, looking, reading, thinking about the posts of others, then make your observations and ask questions.
I love to hear from young Christians!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome! :)

How many people have tried to convince you of a third? :D

I dabble with lasers and high voltage on a daily basis
:shocked:

;)

and I carry strong views concerning the Christian's role in the scientific community, and the roles of science in the Christian's life.
Without Christians .. there'd be no science!

Why is the earth round?

Thanks for coming! :)

No Sheep Here

Without Christians .. there'd be no science!
Your statement needs tweaking because it's not totally correct. Historically speaking, it is totally accurate to say that without Muslims there'd be way less science. You forget that Christians tried to destroy all the works of science during the Dark Ages and the Muslims came in and took over and preserved it. They gave us Algebra and studied the stars which is why many stars have Arabic names. But then they had a fundamentalist moment after the destruction of the Khans tore through Islamic lands. They stopped education and advancement and have not recovered even today. However, you gotta give credit where it is due. Without those stepping stones being saved by Islam, we may not be as far as we are today with science. And those stepping stones were not produced by Christians it was those you guys refer to as pagan who provided those stepping stones.

Jukia

Welcome aboard. Be prepared to be stunned by the lack of science knowledge shown here even by those who claim to understand.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Welcome aboard! Nebraska, eh? Then you'll already have had some experience with corn.

Ah....so you aren't married then. :eek:

I dabble with lasers and high voltage on a daily basis,
A physicist AND a Jedi. Excellent news. We could use another one of those. :think:

and I carry strong views concerning the Christian's role in the scientific community, and the roles of science in the Christian's life.
Newton did too. :thumb:

And you're here too! :thumb:

From one advanced sheepskin holder to another eventual one, enjoy. :cheers:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your statement needs tweaking because it's not totally correct. Historically speaking, it is totally accurate to say that without Muslims there'd be way less science. You forget that Christians tried to destroy all the works of science during the Dark Ages and the Muslims came in and took over and preserved it. They gave us Algebra and studied the stars which is why many stars have Arabic names. But then they had a fundamentalist moment after the destruction of the Khans tore through Islamic lands. They stopped education and advancement and have not recovered even today. However, you gotta give credit where it is due. Without those stepping stones being saved by Islam, we may not be as far as we are today with science. And those stepping stones were not produced by Christians it was those you guys refer to as pagan who provided those stepping stones.
:D

:doh: I knew there had to be a better comeback to that than my lame attempt. Cheers, TH. :D

Meatball

so you have evidence that biology can decrease entropy?
or
create energy?

I could think of a few examples that might look like a decrease in entropy, but in reality aren't at all. But I'm not well versed in biology for that matter. I try not to be so closed minded of the things I know not about.

Creating energy is easier said than done. All you need is mass... and a nuclear fission inducer. :p

I was thinking more of Sir Francis Bacon, and Decartes who both being Christians, developed the scientific method used today.

Welcome aboard! Nebraska, eh? Then you'll already have had some experience with corn.

Hardly any actually. I had some on the cob this past summer though- Extra butter- salt and pepper off the grill.

You're good... very good.

From one advanced sheepskin holder to another eventual one, enjoy. :cheers:

Thank you much! I'm looking forward to all the threads I've put before myself to read!

Meatball

I see. I would be interested in hearing his statement expanded upon- to see on what basis he makes the claim, and which aspects of science he means.. But you must first start with a common definition of science, which is not the easiest thing to come across.

Perhaps a new thread is in order? I'll do some searching first.

OMEGA

Where man came from

As you look at our Solar System, you see that the planets are
in pairs of similar sized planets.
Earth and Venus, Jupiter and Saturn and Uranus and Neptune.
But when you look at Mars, it only has the Meteor Belt.
What happened to the Planet that was there. The Scientists say
that there is not enough Mass to make up a Planet there.
What happened to the rest of the Planet ?

About 20 Billion years ago Two Energy Beings
with their vast accumulated knowledge decided to create
other beings like themselves. They formed millions of similar beings
like themselves who studied everything around them.

As time progressed the millions of formed beings helped in
designing and creating galaxies that would draw in vast amounts of
swirling gases that would be compact the hydrogen and helium gas
and start the fusion process of a star.

Over millions of years a star cools and as the Hydrogen burns
off, the Helium, under Fusion, first forms Carbon molecules and
many other molecules and finally forms Nickle and Iron Molecules.
Then under its own immense pressure the star shrinks to a brown dwarf
and cools and forms a planet.

The Energy Beings studied these planets to see what could be
created out of the chemicals that were formed there. They
created the rudiments of physical life on the Earth where conditions
were just right. They genetically developed life forms and
experimented with them over millions of years.

Over time the Universe became so large, that God needed more
beings to occupy and manage it.
God decided to make intelligent animals that could reproduce
themselves and later be changed into Spirit beings.

And so, He gave the job to his wisest Angel, Lucifer.
Lucifer and his group genetically engineered animals on Earth
that would meet God's requirements. As time went on Lucifer started
to have internal confllicts when God told him that these animals
would eventually have Authority over him. He did not want to be
subservient to an Animal that he had genetically engineered.
He became frustrated and angry and eventually thought that God
was wrong to do this and planned to destroy the Earth Animals .

How was he going to do this ?

Lucifer and his Army moved the orbit of another Planet near Mars, so
that, it hit Mars and blew up and broke apart .
It destroyed everything on Mars and blew all the atmosphere
and the water off into space and accumulated on the other planets
of Jupiter and Saturn. Large pieces of the broken planet traveled
throughout the solar system causing havoc and destruction and also
pummelled the Earth. The Earth was moved off its axis and the
poles melted. Where there had been rivers and streams,
there were now Oceans and Mountains. Everything was under
water and it stayed that way for millions of years.

After blowing up that planet, Lucifer took his Army and tried
to take over control of the Universe by attacking the Creators.
He was defeated and imprisoned along with his Army on the
Earth.
----------------------------------
The Creators had a Problem.
What were they going to do if the other Angels decided to
Rebel too? How could they make them understand
that Rebellion was not the Way to go ?

So, The Creators went off to another Solar System and
continued the project and genetically engineered a physical being
made out of the chemicals of the planet which could be controlled.
After millions of years of developing and studying these
physical beings in a balanced environment, the Creators
worked out a plan. Because Lucifer Rebelled and wanted
to rule the Universe they gave him these physical beings to Rule over.
The Creators gave the physical beings a choice either to
follow them or Lucifer.

After absorbing the fruit contaminated with Lucifers Drugs,
the people absorbed the rebellious attitude of Satan and
became more spiritually connected to Lucifer and kept drifting away
from The Creators. Jesus later came to the Earth and gave
the physical beings who would follow Him, the Mental Character
Spirit that He had built when He was on the Earth,
to help them fight and overcome Satan's evil Mindset.
Their Reward for Overcoming the pulls of this Satanic world,
would be Immortality and Membership in The Creators
Universal Government. Lucifer continued to influence humans
to go to war with each other because he wants to prepare them
to fight against God. He does not care if humans live or die
because he realizes that they are all going to be brought back to life
and are going to be in The Creators' Government and he and his army
were going to be rejected and locked up for a long long time .
=========================================

Status
Not open for further replies.