Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

Has this happened? I doubt it.

31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; 33 and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.”

David's throne was in Jerusalem. I don't see that this has happened yet.

Jesus is King now. The throne of David is His. Jesus is ruling from that throne now and forevermore. The Jews recognized His Kingship as the Son of David before His death.

Matt 23
9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.

Mark 11
9 And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: 10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.

John 12
12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. 14 And Jesus, when he had found a young ***, sat thereon; as it is written, 15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ***’s colt. 16 These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him.

Lilstu

The Kingdom is within. Jesus aka the Holy Spirit lives within. He made an open show of satan on the cross, prevailing against Him. Colossians 1 & 2. All prophecy in the OT regarding Christ has been fulfilled per Jesus.

Don't you think the beasts were literal representing real empires in history?

Lilstu

Jesus is King now. The throne of David is His. Jesus is ruling from that throne now and forevermore. The Jews recognized His Kingship as the Son of David before His death.

Matt 23
9 And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.

Mark 11
9 And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord: 10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.

John 12
12 On the next day much people that were come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord. 14 And Jesus, when he had found a young ***, sat thereon; as it is written, 15 Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ***’s colt. 16 These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him.

In Revelation, Jesus is not sitting on a throne he is standing by it.
David's throne will again be here in Jerusalem in the Messianic Kingdom.

beameup

Amen! Fulfilled in Christ Jesus, 100%. Colossians 1
Wrong. More uninformed "droppings" from Tweet

Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy
. - Matthew 26:64-65

The Pharasees knew exactly that Jesus was talking about himself and quoting Daniel 7:13-14 in reference to Messiah. Messiah has never yet come to the earth (to rule) in this manner. The entirety of Daniel 7 deals with earthly kingdoms.

TweetyBird

Don't you think the beasts were literal representing real empires in history?

Nah ... I think people want to believe they have these kinds of prophesies all figured out. Every generation thinks they have the key and it fails every single time as the next generation comes along with new theories.

TweetyBird

In Revelation, Jesus is not sitting on a throne he is standing by it.
David's throne will again be here in Jerusalem in the Messianic Kingdom.

I don't believe that. I see nothing in the NT to support it. I believe Jesus is ruling as King now, on the throne, which is the "Throne of David" at the right hand of God. I also do not believe in a "Messianic Kingdom" as something encapsulated in a period of time. I believe the "Messianic Kingdom" began when Jesus arose from the dead. We are translated into that Kingdom, are citizens of that Kingdom, and that Kingdom is within. When Christ returns will live with Him forever more in a visible Kingdom - the New Jerusalem come down from Heaven.

Revelation 3:21
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

1 Tim 6
13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; 14 that thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

TweetyBird

Wrong. More uninformed "droppings" from Tweet

Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy
. - Matthew 26:64-65

The Pharasees knew exactly that Jesus was talking about himself and quoting Daniel 7:13-14 in reference to Messiah. Messiah has never yet come to the earth (to rule) in this manner. The entirety of Daniel 7 deals with earthly kingdoms.

He is ruling over all the earth now as King. The writers of the NT believed it and said it. The Kingdom of Christ is not physically seen, because He has not returned. We are citizens of that Kingdom and have been translated into it. It exists, we just cannot see it. Physical kingdoms will vanish when He returns, but all things are subject to Him now. Just because evil and nations rise up against each other does not mean Jesus is not on the throne ruling over it, but allowing it to continue until God causes time to cease here on earth and Jesus returns on the clouds of glory. Rev 4 clearly states Jesus is on the throne and being worshiped - John saw Him there in all His glory.

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

1 Tim 6
13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; 14 that thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 15 which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Lilstu

He is ruling over all the earth now as King. The writers of the NT believed it and said it. The Kingdom of Christ is not physically seen, because He has not returned. We are citizens of that Kingdom and have been translated into it. It exists, we just cannot see it. Physical kingdoms will vanish when He returns, but all things are subject to Him now. Just because evil and nations rise up against each other does not mean Jesus is not on the throne ruling over it, but allowing it to continue until God causes time to cease here on earth and Jesus returns on the clouds of glory. Rev 4 clearly states Jesus is on the throne and being worshiped - John saw Him there in all His glory.

1 Tim 6

If Jesus is ruling from Heaven, I think he should be doing better at picking candidates for US President. It appears that he has picked two losers.

Hawkins

If Jesus is ruling from Heaven, I think he should be doing better at picking candidates for US President. It appears that he has picked two losers.

That's however normal as US keeps turning secular with tons of atheists born.

Hawkins

Q: Why every sin the people ever committed?

A: Because there is not even one offering in the entire Levitical catalogue that suffices to delete the people's sins. The only thing that those sacrifices obtain for them is a reprieve; which is a temporary delay, not a permanent fix. In other words: forgiveness in the Old Testament acquits no one; Old Testament forgiveness merely puts justice on hold. (Ex 34:7, Rom 3:25-26, Heb 10:1-4)

The ritual process serves 2 purposes. First, it's a practice preparing for the coming of Jesus Christ. Jesus didn't just jump off a cliff to be killed then claimed to die for humans. He followed a predefined process to signify that He's sacrificed. This is the process God established via the Jews.

Second, the OT forgiveness is credited from the blood of Jesus Christ. Ancient humans may not have the credit concept. Today, we use credit cards all the times before we actually earned the money. Any covenant on the other hand, is signed with the blood of Christ credited until the New Covenant brought directly by Himself as the final and permanent one.

TweetyBird

The USA is not God's "Nation". His grace is sufficient, no matter who is in office. He does have a plan, however; even when mankind does not approve of it :rain:

TweetyBird

That's however normal as US keeps turning secular with tons of atheists born.

The US was never anything but secular from the get-go. All this nonsense that America was "God's country" or is losing her status with God for a myriad of reasons, is pure bunk in a basket.