Ye must be born again !

Jerry Shugart

Unless a person is born again they can't understand the Gospel.

Of course anyone has the ability to understand and believe the gospel, especially when we consider that it comes in power and in the Holy Spirit (1 Thess.1:5).

According to your ideas the gospel itself is unable to be understood by everyone even though it comes in power and in the Holy Spirit.

Jerry Shugart

Election is unto an end, that is salvation, not to salvation. In other words, under ordinary circumstances, the elect will come to faith from the hearing of the Good News, being regenerated, now able and wanting to believe, per God's gift of faith, then irrevocably believing.

According to what you said on another thread those dead in sin cannot even hear the word of God:

Unless one has ears to hear (Matthew 11:15; Mark 4:9) they cannot hear what Our Lord is speaking, Jerry. After all, how can those dead in their sins hear anything righteous (Jer. 17:9; Mark 7:21-23; Eph. 2:2; Eph. 2:4-5; Titus 3:5; John 3:19; Rom. 3:10-12; 5:6; 6:16-20; Eph. 2:1,3;1 Cor. 2:14)?

According to you those who are dead in sin cannot even hear the gospel but then you contradict yourself by saying that those who are dead in sin "will come to faith from the hearing of the Good News."

In one instance you say that those who are dead in sin cannot even hear the word of God and then you say that it is by hearing that word of God which brings them to faith!

You are totally confused.

beloved57

Of course anyone has the ability to understand and believe the gospel, especially when we consider that it comes in power and in the Holy Spirit (1 Thess.1:5).

According to your ideas the gospel itself is unable to be understood by everyone even though it comes in power and in the Holy Spirit.

Again, unless a person is saved, born again, they can't understand the Gospel Jn 3:3 !

beloved57

According to what you said on another thread those dead in sin cannot even hear the word of God:

According to you those who are dead in sin cannot even hear the gospel but then you contradict yourself by saying that those who are dead in sin "will come to faith from the hearing of the Good News."

In one instance you say that those who are dead in sin cannot even hear the word of God and then you say that it is by hearing that word of God which brings them to faith!

You are totally confused.

One must be of God to hear God's words Jn 8:47

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Jerry Shugart

Again, unless a person is saved, born again, they can't understand the Gospel Jn 3:3 !

You have it backward. It is believing the gospel which brings salvation:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth"
(Ro.1:16).​

One must be of God to hear God's words Jn 8:47

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Anyone can hear and believe the gospel because it comes in power and in the Holy Spirit (1 Thess.1:5).

beloved57

You have it backward. It is believing the gospel which brings salvation:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth"
(Ro.1:16).​

Anyone can hear and believe the gospel because it comes in power and in the Holy Spirit (1 Thess.1:5).

No you have it wrong. Unless a person is born again they can't understand the Gospel. Also all men can't hear God's words. Tell me what Jesus says here John 8:43

Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

Jerry Shugart

No you have it wrong. Unless a person is born again they can't understand the Gospel.

Here is what you said:

According to you idea one must be saved in order that they can understand the gospel.

But Paul's answer here makes it plain that it is by believing the word of God which results in salvation:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"
(Acts 16:30-31).​

Here we can see that "believing" resulted in "salvation."

But you say that "salvation" precedes "believing."

The sad thing is the fact that you are so blinded by the false teaching of Calvinism that you are unable to see the truth!

beloved57

Here is what you said:

According to you idea one must be saved in order that they can understand the gospel.

But Paul's answer here makes it plain that it is by believing the word of God which results in salvation:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"
(Acts 16:30-31).​

Here we can see that "believing" resulted in "salvation."

But you say that "salvation" precedes "believing."

The sad thing is the fact that you are so blinded by the false teaching of Calvinism that you are unable to see the truth!

Again,except a man is born again,he cant see/understand the Gospel.Jn3:3

Paul speak the same thing about the natural man Rom 3:11

[FONT=&quot]There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.[/FONT]

beloved57

jerry

Thats right, a lost person cant believe the Gospel because its hid from them 2 Cor 4:3

[FONT=&quot]But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:[/FONT]

beloved57

Newbirth, the consequence of Christ resurrection!

Jesus once told a person this Jn 3:7

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

But little did this person know that He which spoke this mystery would fulfill it. See the fact is, every one Christ would die for, He was raised for, with new and eternal life; and what isn't realized is that the newbirth is the consequence of Christ resurrection! 1 Peter 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Nanja

Newbirth, the consequence of Christ resurrection!

Jesus once told a person this Jn 3:7

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

But little did this person know that He which spoke this mystery would fulfill it. See the fact is, every one Christ would die for, He was raised for, with new and eternal life; and what isn't realized is that the newbirth is the consequence of Christ resurrection! 1 Peter 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Amen, and many don't realize that in order to be a partaker of Christ's resurrection, one must have been elected or chosen of the Father In Union with Him before the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4. They were the Life in Him John 1:4, His Seed Is. 53:10, when He came to Earth to live and die for them in Time. So everyone of them must be born again or quickened with His resurrected Life by Him giving them His Spirit in New Birth 1 Cor. 15:45; Col. 2:13 and walk in newness of Life Rom. 6:4; Rom. 8:14-16.

beloved57

Nanja

So everyone of them must be born again or quickened with His resurrected Life by Him giving them His Spirit in New Birth 1 Cor. 15:45; Col. 2:13 and walk in newness of Life Rom. 6:4; Rom. 8:14-16.

Praise the Lord for your fellowship in the Truth!

Nanja

Nanja

Praise the Lord for your fellowship in the Truth!

I'm praising Him for yours too my Brother :)

"Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ"