Would you go to a doctor who doesn't believe in evolution?

zoo22

No creationists stood up and said whether or not they'd stop going to a Dr. if they found out they were an atheist.

??

Only One Eyed Jack commented (good for you Jack). I *think* you are are a creationist, I may be wrong. If so, I apologize.

Greentree777

Once apon a time, evolutionist doctors believed that 200 odd organs in the human body were just vestiges of evolution and therefore not needed- one by one theses organs were found to be important after all, as people tended to DIE of they were taken out, the last one was probably the appendix - it is now known to be important for the immune system. I think I will stick to Creationist doctors as much as possible - you never know what will be whipped out otherwise!

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
Greentree777 said:
It is now known to be important for the immune system. I think I will stick to Creationist doctors as much as possible - you never know what will be whipped out otherwise!
COULD BE, there is no KNOWN and agreed upon use for the appendix. Many millions have had removed without ill effect, my brother nearly died when his went pop.

The immune system theory is due to the cells found in it but still has not been proven.

I have read both sides of this argument. I agree it could be true that it could be part of the immune system but it has not been categorically classified as such.

noguru

DoogieTalons said:
COULD BE, there is no KNOWN and agreed upon use for the appendix. Many millions have had removed without ill effect, my brother nearly died when his went pop.

The immune system theory is due to the cells found in it but still has not been proven.

I have read both sides of this argument. I agree it could be true that it could be part of the immune system but it has not been categorically classified as such.

What exactly would one expect from a vestigial organ. No use or purpose at all? Or a purpose that is in decline as a part of the overall system of which it was a part? It is not like there are switches that are either on or off.

Last edited:

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
DoogieTalons said:

The human appendix is recognized in medical literature as being crucial during fetal and early development, but only useful, not vital, for adults.

From personal experience with people who have had trouble with it, I believe that the modern diet is largely the reason for most people's difficulties.

For instance, my grandson had an unwise habit of living on Big Macs, and his appendix gave out under such abuse when he was 24. On the other hand, first my mother and later on my wife provided me with a balanced diet and my appendix is fine after 76 years. My only permanent ills like cancer are now known to be due to genetic mutations passed on in our family tree.

noguru

bob b said:
The human appendix is recognized in medical literature as being crucial during fetal and early development, but only useful, not vital, for adults.

From personal experience with people who have had trouble with it, I believe that the modern diet is largely the reason for most people's difficulties.

For instance, my grandson had an unwise habit of living on Big Macs, and his appendix gave out under such abuse when he was 24. On the other hand, first my mother and later on my wife provided me with a balanced diet and my appendix is fine after 76 years. My only permanent ills like cancer are now known to be due to genetic mutations passed on in our family tree.

What is this crucial function that the appendix serves during fetal and early development?

SUTG

Greentree777 said:
Once apon a time, evolutionist doctors believed that 200 odd organs in the human body were just vestiges of evolution and therefore not needed- one by one theses organs were found to be important after all, as people tended to DIE of they were taken out, the last one was probably the appendix - it is now known to be important for the immune system. I think I will stick to Creationist doctors as much as possible - you never know what will be whipped out otherwise!

Really? Were the creationist "doctors" trying to correct them in their misunderstanding?

(You don't really have to answer, since we both already know the answer)