LIFETIME MEMBER
Have you EVER written a post that wasn't threatening in one way
or another? You're always threatening posters with something or
another! You kept saying I was gonna be beheaded, and it didn't
come to fruition? How come? You said another poster would be
burned! And, another would be shot full of arrows? Maybe you
should get out of the "Prediction business" you're not to good
at it!

You have time to repent of your evil and your misquoting of what I have said.

You will have to give account for all of your troublemaking before God.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Nice try, but STP didn't argue that their "deliverance" came at the second coming. He argued that their atonement came at the second coming.

Heir chimed in and said:

So where in the bible does it say this?

No answer:
Yep! They look forward,

Zechariah 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

--------------------------

the BoC looks back!

Romans 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

SaulToPaul 2

Yep! They look forward,

Indeed sister,

(Spring)
Passover
Unleavened Bread
First Fruits
Pentecost

(Fall)
Trumpets
Day of Atonement
Tabernacles

It's no surprise that Peter preached at Pentecost about the future day of atonement.

Yet, we in the Body of Christ have already received it.

sister heir: "Timing is everything..."

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yep! They look forward,

Zechariah 13:1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

--------------------------

So you do admit that the OT believers knew about the gospel of Christ in relation to His being sacrificed for their sin.

the BoC looks back!

Romans 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Your invented boc certainly looks back, and nowhere else.

Forgiveness of sin is in the now, not 2000 years ago.

The provision was made back then but all must obey Acts 2:38 in the now, in order to be saved, and be joined to the Church of Jesus which has had no interruption since its beginning in Acts 2 with the 3000.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
Indeed sister,

(Spring)
Passover
Unleavened Bread
First Fruits
Pentecost

(Fall)
Trumpets
Day of Atonement
Tabernacles

It's no surprise that Peter preached at Pentecost about the future day of atonement.

:up:

Dialogos

Yep! They look forward,

LOL, you do realize that for Zechariah, the cross was forward, right?

heir said:
Once again, "when" is not a good translation for the Greek word "ὅπως. "That" or "so that" is the accurate translation. This is why the NKJV corrected the KJV and says:

""Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, (Act 3:19 NKJ)"

You are making a bad translation of this verse carry an aweful lot of freight for your theology.

Heir said:
Yup, and that happens when?

1 John 1:9 is a "Present General" third class condition. The verb is in the present tense (present subjunctive). Which, as ntgreek.org says:
NTGreek.org

Traditionally known as the 'More Probable Future Condition', the third class condition should actually be split into two different categories, the 'Future More Probable Condition' (indicating either a probable future action or a hypothetical situation) and the 'Present General Condition' (indicating a generic situation or universal truth at the present time). It is formed in the protasis using the word ean (ei plus an = 'if') and a verb in the subjunctive mood. The main verb of the protasis can be in any tense, but if the condition is a 'Present General', the verb must be in the present tense.

1 John 1:9 teaches precisely the opposite of what you claim here.

If we confess our sins (in the present) then God will forgive us our sins (in the present) and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (in the present.)

Heir said:

First of all, we have another incident of Paul quoting the OT, Isaiah 59:20.

So Paul quotes using the tense of the time of writing just as Matthew 1:23 recounts the angel quoting Isaiah 7:4 and uses the tense of the time of writing.

"Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son..."

The quotation says that the virgins conception is future, even though we know that the virgin has already conceived a son by the time the angel approached Joseph.

So to Paul quotes Isaiah 59 knowing that the Deliverer has already come out of Zion. He quotes it to show that Jesus fulfilled it!

BTW, is that where you think Jesus will come from when He returns, or will He come from heaven?

The Deliverer has already come out of Zion. His birth fulfilled that.

None of these passages even hint of some quasi-catholic idea that Christ will enact some future atonement for Israel.

Dialogos

No scripture says that, evil PigPen.

Read your bible.

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. (Joh 18:36 KJV)

musterion

If we confess our sins (in the present) then God will forgive us our sins (in the present) and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (in the present.)
The dead don't need forgiven nor cleansed.

Repent or perish.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Indeed sister,

(Spring)
Passover
Unleavened Bread
First Fruits
Pentecost

(Fall)
Trumpets
Day of Atonement
Tabernacles

The 3 fall feasts were fulfilled in 70AD

Prior to 70AD no one had "already received it".

Dialogos

The dead don't need forgiven nor cleansed.

Care to flush that out?

Or maybe you'd like to stop running from the questions I ask that challenge your precious man made theology.

You MAD folks on this site should really be in shape, you never stop running from sound biblical arguments.

:mario:

Musterion said:
Repent or perish.
:chuckle:

You guys are a hoot.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Care to flush that out?

Or maybe you'd like to stop running from the questions I ask that challenge your precious man made theology.

You MAD folks on this site should really be in shape, you never stop running from sound biblical arguments.

:mario:

:chuckle:

You guys are a hoot.
Are you a Lutheran or a Methodist?

SaulToPaul 2

The Deliverer has already come out of Zion. His birth fulfilled that.

Surely you jest,

Joel 3:13 Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.

Joel 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

Joel 3:15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

Joel 3:16 The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

Joel 3:17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

Joel 3:18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim.

Joel 3:19 Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.

Joel 3:20 But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.

Joel 3:21 For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

SaulToPaul 2

Read your bible.

Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. (Joh 18:36 KJV)

John 8:23 (KJV)

Was the LORD on the earth, yet he was "not of this world"?

Why, therefore, can there not be a kingdom on this earth that is "not of this world"?