Would be rude not to say hello

njspolk

By religious title, I am Unitarian Universalist

Sent from my SM-S765C using TheologyOnline mobile app

I can dig it. I have a neighbor who's on staff at our local Unitarian Universalist congregation. I know a little bit about it, but not much. I'm pretty sure I'm a universalist, but I'm not sure about the Unitarian part. Your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

djhow

First of all thanks everyone for posting. I didn't realise that saying hello would inspire so much thought from everyone. To clear up the question do I think homos are gross? I now realise you did not mean homo as in man but were referring to homosexuals but my answer is the same I neither think man nor homosexuals are gross.

It's a divisive question trying to establish a polarity that Jesus died to overcome. Jesus said that he would send the Spirit of truth and that He will lead you into all truth. Everyone agrees that the church and theology have evolved and moved with many truths such as the world is not flat with a canopy of water overhead. It was assumed and believed that God lived behind this canopy but now that we explored space we found that God is not there with his angels.

Our understanding of God is changing and will continue to change

One of the reasons I love Jesus is he never wrote down his teaching and for good reason. His message was simple and his instructions obvious. He said love God with all your heart, mind, soul and body. Not with the heart of an angel, not with the heart of a saint but with your heart and if your heart is battered and bruised and you can only breath to love God then you have fulfilled the law.

Love your neighbour as yourself. In this day and age when people do not love themselves it's an easy law to fulfil.

A bruised reed He shall not break.

I think that it's beautiful that a woman in a man's body can struggle against all the hatred and persecution for just "being" and still despite that find God and and still love the church. Confounds Theology just as Jesus confounded the Jewish establishment.

Blessings

marhig

Hi everyone, I've had a look around the site and it seems interesting :) lot's more going on than a midweek fellowship so looking forward to reading some of the posts and blogs. Let me know what you thinks best and I'll have a look

Hiya, I'm new too. Nice to meet you :)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Where is the bible earth flat or under a canopy of water?

Some theology has evolved and morphed into something which looks very like wicked unbelief

A woman in a mans body? you mean it was born without certain identifiable members?

journey

I think that it's beautiful that a woman in a man's body can struggle against all the hatred and persecution for just "being" and still despite that find God and and still love the church. Confounds Theology just as Jesus confounded the Jewish establishment.

It's a little bit early for strange posts. First, I disagree with your post. I don't see anything beautiful about some trying to change God's creation. I've heard enough about transgenders over the last several days to last me a lifetime. In short, I'm sick of the subject involving only 3/10th of a single percentage point. The Federal government is making a huge mistake with all of the bathroom (etc.) rules and trying to make the states obey them. My representatives and myself have an answer: NO!

djhow

[MENTION=15430]journey[/MENTION] lol well I never thought by saying hello I would be asked to make a stance on someone else's sexuality, and to accord with the judgemental sentiment. All I did was say hello :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Blessings

It's a disgusting abomination

Missy-E

[MENTION=18137]djhow[/MENTION], as a UU, I have met and talked with many people of different faiths. A passion of mine is world religion and truly love hearing people express their faith...having said that, there are also aspects to certain religions that are less desirable and I am guilty of saying on more than one occassion "Christianity is a beautiful religion. Christians make it ugly." -Djhow, you make Christianity beautiful

Sent from my SM-S765C using TheologyOnline mobile app

djhow

Well humanity does some horrific things :) sin is sin is it not? Why should one sin trouble you more than another? Does the blood of Christ cover them all? We are comfortable going to war to kill and yet we fear homosexuals?

You know it may have been more helpful to ask if killing in the name of democracy is gross? Genocide is that somewhat hateful? The rich stealing the money from the poor, the very people Jesus commissioned us to look after?

When someone has homosexuals on their mind and they are angry I'm not supposing it is the light that is shining but an outburst of something fought and battled with in the dark night of the soul and must be personal to them.

Jesus called the weary and heavy laden and said himself he didn't come to save the righteous but sinners and in everything he did he was moved by compassion so whether or not you think it is gross is unnecessary as Christ would show the way and not condemn, and it's true for all his brethren or family here on earth.

I've read a post here where two people with opposing theology each accepting that the other loves the Lord and would not doubt each others sonship of God. The point being that it is not Theology or how you interpret the Bible that lets you enter the kingdom and commune with God in rest and peace and forgiveness.

It's by faith and surrender to the will of God for you.

Last edited:

djhow

[MENTION=10603]Totton Linnet[/MENTION] in Genesis, it's in one of the creation accounts so first three chapters

njspolk

Well humanity does some horrific things :) sin is sin is it not? Why should one sin trouble you more than an other? Does the blood of Christ cover them all? We are comfortable going to war to kill and yet we fear homosexuals?

You know it may have been more helpful to ask if killing in the name of democracy is gross? Genocide is that somewhat hateful? The rich stealing the money from the poor, the very people Jesus commissioned us to look after?

When someone has homosexuals on their mind and they are angry I'm not supposing it is the light that is shining but an outburst of something fought and battled with in the dark night of the soul and must be personal to them.

Jesus called the weary and heavy laden and said himself he didn't come to save the righteous but sinners and in everything he did he was moved by compassion so whether or not you think it is gross is unnecessary as Christ would show the way and not condemn, and it's true for all his brethren or family here on earth.

I've read a post here where two people with opposing theology each accepting that the other loves the Lord and would not doubt each others sonship of God. The point being that it is not Theology or how you interpret the Bible that lets you enter the kingdom and commune with God in rest and peace and forgiveness.

It's by faith and surrender to the will of God for you.

Amen! Beautifully put!

Sent from my iPhone using TOL