Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
World Vision Embraces Homosexuality; Mocks Christians

This is the show from Wednesday March 26th, 2014

Summary:

* World Vision Promoting Homosexuality & Even Homosexual Marriage: World Vision is responsible for the latest instance of the church turning against Jesus Christ, who instituted marriage and made us male and female. The story, broken by syndicated talk show host Michael Brown, is reported on Denver radio by Bob Enyart, another radio host who is sick and tired of being the bearer of bad news.

* Regardless of How WV Spins This Later, It's Time to Cancel Our Support: We should all find another way to help the poorest of the poor in other countries. Let's all cancel our support for World Vision. Franklin Graham's Samaritan's Purse is an alternative. Or, even better, find a business that you can purchase goods or services from in a poverty-stricken nation, and do business with them. Outright charity, regardless of the intention of those who give, brings with it negative consequences. Even money that goes strictly to directly benefit children has a way of backfiring in undermining the motivation of the adults in the child's life to become responsible. We have an obligation to help those in need, but our help can be more creative, and more effective, than just handing funds over to an organization with such a grotesque lack of wisdom, like World Vision.

* Kevin Lea’s Letter to President Putin re: Abedini...

March 25, 2014

Dear President Putin,

I am a Christian Pastor in the United States and am very thankful for your recent statement saying that you will defend Christianity around the globe.

To that end, I am humbly asking you to use your Presidential powers to help free Pastor Saeed Abedini from Iranian imprisonment and return him to his family here in America.

I know that it may seem odd that I am writing you instead of the POTUS, but our President is currently very busy pushing the homosexual agenda here and around the globe. Even his spare time is taken up making sure Christians don’t post bible scripture verses in public at our military colleges.

I could tell from your statements at the Olympics that you are not as preoccupied with these kinds of things and thought you might have time to read and carefully consider this humble and sincere request on behalf of Pastor Abedini.

If you could free him from Iranian imprisonment, all of the biblical Christians in America would be very appreciative and would wonder why our President couldn’t rescue an American citizen himself, when you made it look so easy.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope that you too appreciate the great sacrifice that Jesus made for all men when He took our sin upon Himself on the cross, so that we could be forgiven and have everlasting life (if we believe and trust).

Sincerely,

Pastor Kevin Lea

Granite

Hall of Fame
"Or, even better, find a business that you can purchase goods or services from in a poverty-stricken nation, and do business with them."

Fact is, we all purchase goods made in poverty-stricken countries already. Funny how the big businesses there make sure never to share their wealth with the locals slaving in sweat shops.

But we wouldn't want to knock good ole capitalism, now would we? And heaven forbid we even talk about charity.

The widow's mite probably discouraged someone from going out and getting a real job.

Last edited:

badp

I've always had a bad feeling about World Vision. Turns out it was my gaydar all along.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
World Vision Embraces Homosexuality; Mocks Christians

This is the show from Wednesday March 26th, 2014

Summary:

* World Vision Promoting Homosexuality & Even Homosexual Marriage: World Vision is responsible for the latest instance of the church turning against Jesus Christ, who instituted marriage and made us male and female. The story, broken by syndicated talk show host Michael Brown, is reported on Denver radio by Bob Enyart, another radio host who is sick and tired of being the bearer of bad news.

* Regardless of How WV Spins This Later, It's Time to Cancel Our Support: We should all find another way to help the poorest of the poor in other countries. Let's all cancel our support for World Vision. Franklin Graham's Samaritan's Purse is an alternative. Or, even better, find a business that you can purchase goods or services from in a poverty-stricken nation, and do business with them. Outright charity, regardless of the intention of those who give, brings with it negative consequences. Even money that goes strictly to directly benefit children has a way of backfiring in undermining the motivation of the adults in the child's life to become responsible. We have an obligation to help those in need, but our help can be more creative, and more effective, than just handing funds over to an organization with such a grotesque lack of wisdom, like World Vision.

* Kevin Lea’s Letter to President Putin re: Abedini...

March 25, 2014

Dear President Putin,

I am a Christian Pastor in the United States and am very thankful for your recent statement saying that you will defend Christianity around the globe.

To that end, I am humbly asking you to use your Presidential powers to help free Pastor Saeed Abedini from Iranian imprisonment and return him to his family here in America.

I know that it may seem odd that I am writing you instead of the POTUS, but our President is currently very busy pushing the homosexual agenda here and around the globe. Even his spare time is taken up making sure Christians don’t post bible scripture verses in public at our military colleges.

I could tell from your statements at the Olympics that you are not as preoccupied with these kinds of things and thought you might have time to read and carefully consider this humble and sincere request on behalf of Pastor Abedini.

If you could free him from Iranian imprisonment, all of the biblical Christians in America would be very appreciative and would wonder why our President couldn’t rescue an American citizen himself, when you made it look so easy.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I hope that you too appreciate the great sacrifice that Jesus made for all men when He took our sin upon Himself on the cross, so that we could be forgiven and have everlasting life (if we believe and trust).

Sincerely,

Pastor Kevin Lea

Even with reversal, i agree they have shown that political pressure to them trumps biblical values and wisdom so its not a good place to donate to - there are other charities that do not cave.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The agency had announced Monday that its board had prayed for years about whether to hire Christians in same-sex marriages as churches took different stands on recognizing gay relationships. World Vision staff come from dozens of denominations with varied views on the issue.

The board had said World Vision would still require celibacy outside of marriage and would require employees to affirm that they follow Christ, but would change policy in the U.S. as a way to avoid the divisive debates that have torn apart churches.

But the change drew widespread condemnation, with many donors posting on the agency’s Facebook page that they would no longer fund
the sponsor-a-child programs that are central to World Vision’s fundraising and education.

[...]

Evangelical supporters of hiring Christians with same-sex spouses also rallied, increasing their donations and urging others to do the same.

However, World Vision reversed course.
They prayed for years, but money got the job done in two days.

musterion

If you can't see or somehow directly verify the person you intend to receive your gift, don't give. You'll end up paying for someone's air fare, advertising or salary, but you'll get a nice form letter in the mail saying you bought rice and blankets.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you can't see or somehow directly verify the person you intend to receive your gift, don't give. You'll end up paying for someone's air fare, advertising or salary, but you'll get a nice form letter in the mail saying you bought rice and blankets.
I've flown all my life and I can tell you that rice and blankets are mostly a JetBlue thing.

More seriously, I agree and prefer to give locally, when I can. When I practiced I handled a lot of local pro bono. It's better to know what you're actually doing and who is really benefiting by the effort.

But we wouldn't want to knock good ole capitalism, now would we? And heaven forbid we even talk about charity.
Noblesse oblige even...not happening with multinationals who don't feel tied or obligated to any particular people...except stockholders, of course.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well, yeah. That kind of speaks to the sociopathy inherent to capitalism, and the irrationality of defending it no matter what.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I've flown all my life....

:think:

article-2080177-0EDEDE2A00000578-870_468x476.jpg