ECT Words have meaning unless of course you have bit into the lie of MAD.

dodge

But as a follower of Jesus I am to be as Christlike as I can, no?

SO you consider it Christ like to degrade and call folks names ? I guess we are reading different bibles.

The answer to your question is yes we are to be Christ like in our walk, talk, and how we treat others.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
SO you consider it Christ like to degrade and call folks names ? I guess we are reading different bibles.

The answer to your question is yes we are to be Christ like in our walk, talk, and how we treat others.
Jesus did it, so what makes it wrong for me to do it?

dodge

Jesus did it, so what makes it wrong for me to do it?

Jesus always prefaced and used scripture , and besides that Christians are constrained by scripture ( if they are faithful and believe scripture ) from behaving just like those that do not know Jesus.

You know the 2 greatest commandments. Love God with all your heart and your fellow man as yourself. That is who our neighbor is you know ?

Mar 12:30
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

12:31
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Danoh

Jesus always prefaced and used scripture , and besides that Christians are constrained by scripture ( if they are faithful and believe scripture ) from behaving just like those that do not know Jesus.

You know the 2 greatest commandments. Love God with all your heart and your fellow man as yourself. That is who our neighbor is you know ?

So quit calling MADs liars just because you don't understand where they are coming from.

dodge

So quit calling MADs liars just because you don't understand where they are coming from.

DANOH, I would believe anyone is a liar that follows Paul at the exclusion of ignoring what Jesus taught, and those that place ALL of Jesus' teachings under the deception of they were only for the lost sheep of Israel .

Danoh

DANOH, I would believe anyone is a liar that follows Paul at the exclusion of ignoring what Jesus taught, and those that place ALL of Jesus' teachings under the deception of they were only for the lost sheep of Israel .

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No, they were not degradations as humans. They were criticisms, and then there is Mt 5:22.
[Jesus]“Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.”[/Jesus]
-Matthew 12:34

[Jesus]“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.”[/Jesus]
-Matthew 23:15

[Jesus]“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness. Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.”[/Jesus]
-Matthew 23:27-28

[Jesus]“Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?”[/Jesus]
-Matthew 23:33

[Jesus]“You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.”[/Jesus]
-John 8:44

And as far as Matthew 5:22 is concerned, I have plenty of cause.

Show me that Jesus prefaced with Scripture if you're going to make such claims.

And I'm not behaving as one who does not know Christ. For instance, I'm not lying about a belief system I know nothing about.

If I didn't love my neighbors I'd ignore you and let you keep lying to them.

Mar 12:30
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

12:31
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Did you bring this up because you thought you had a point?

dodge

Lighthouse;4849886][Jesus]“Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.”[/Jesus]
-Matthew 12:34

YOU aint Jesus !

Did you bring this up because you thought you had a point?

lol, there is a point but obviously it went over your head.

dodge

Lighthouse;4849930]Am I or am I not to be like Christ?

Well since most , if not all, Madist believe Jesus was not sent to the gentiles but to the lost sheep of Israel why would you want to imitate Jesus and not Paul ?

That is a convenient blurring of the line Madist has drawn right through scripture. When convenient Jesus does not apply to the gentiles and when convenient USE Jesus to make a comparison ,with others, of how you should act towards others.

No, your point failed because you are in error.

Nope you was and are wrong. If you are a servant of the Lord you follow His instructions not make your own up.

2Ti 2:24
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well since most , if not all, Madist believe Jesus was not sent to the gentiles but to the lost sheep of Israel why would you want to imitate Jesus and not Paul ?
Even Paul says we should imitate Christ. He tells us to be like Him and imitate Christ, like he does.

That is a convenient blurring of the line Madist has drawn right through scripture. When convenient Jesus does not apply to the gentiles and when convenient USE Jesus to make a comparison ,with others, of how you should act towards others.
The way Jesus acted toward others in every situation is the way we should always act toward others in similar situations. We may not always do so, but we should do so. Though we should definitely draw the line at dying for their sins, as that is something we cannot actually do.

Nope you was *were and are wrong. If you are a servant of the Lord you follow His instructions not make your own up.

2Ti 2:24
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
I didn't make up anything. And I am being gentle, and patient. The problem with you is that you're not teachable.

I am longsuffering, but I can only suffer for so long...

But in context the verse here is referring to interactions with the lost: those who do not claim Jesus as Lord. It is not referring to issues between two who claim Christ.