Woman-Wives

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I said
I had three children. But I wouldn't let children come between me and God.

Luke 14:26-27
26 "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.
27 "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
(NKJ)

Well as long as you don't touch another man.

1 Cor 7:10-11
10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband.
11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.
(NKJ)

why start this thread ? what about all of your other threads that you created to teach others ? - :bang:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I don't believe Jesus would tolerate staying abusive family environment, especially when children are involved.

You seem to be dismissing the responsibility for children.

Are you saying I was wrong for what I did?

I said
I'm not dismissing anything. God set down priorities. And it all depends on what you mean by abusive. We all have to make decisions based on which one is more important. But the bond between husband and wife should be stronger than the bond between wife and children. Children will always grow up and leave, at least they should. If we raised them right. But a husband and wife is for ever. Atleast it is suppose to be.
And as far as you being wrong, I don't know. It says if a wife leaves her husband let her remain unmarried or be joined back with her husband. If a woman leaves her husband and never touches another man she might be forgiven.

10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband.
11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Indeed ... Squeaky has a tendency to do just that. As a parent and mother, your children's safety and well being should always come first.

The only thing wrong here ... is Squeaky's unequal standards for wives as compared to their husbands.

I said
Its not my standards, its God's.

Matt 19:8-12
8 He said to them, "Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.
9 "And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery."
10 His disciples said to Him, "If such is the case of the man with his wife, it is better not to marry."
11 But He said to them, "All cannot accept this saying, but only those to whom it has been given:
12 "For there are eunuchs who were born thus from their mother's womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He who is able to accept it, let him accept it."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
why start this thread ? what about all of your other threads that you created to teach others ? - :bang:

I said
I'm not here to teach anyone. I am only here to share my revelations. and answer any questions about them. And to demonstrate the Holy Spirit.

1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
(NKJ)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I said
I'm not dismissing anything. God set down priorities. And it all depends on what you mean by abusive. We all have to make decisions based on which one is more important. But the bond between husband and wife should be stronger than the bond between wife and children. Children will always grow up and leave, at least they should. If we raised them right. But a husband and wife is for ever. Atleast it is suppose to be.
And as far as you being wrong, I don't know. It says if a wife leaves her husband let her remain unmarried or be joined back with her husband. If a woman leaves her husband and never touches another man she might be forgiven.

(NKJ)

Like I said already, we are not divorced, just separated.

I never got involved with anyone after separation. You are right, divorced Christian should never remarried unless their former spouse is dead.

I believe when the parents cannot provide peaceful and healthy family environment for their children, they need to stop. Parents have no right to subject the children to such condition. Pretentiousness will not work.

Children are powerless.

bybee

I never got involved with anyone after separation. You are right, divorced Christian should never remarried unless their former spouse is dead.

I believe when the parents cannot provide peaceful environment for their children, they need to stop. parents have no right to subject the children to such condition. Pretentiousness will not work.

Agreed!

Interplanner

The item about the spouse who leaves a marriage and how they should not remarry is for those who cheated and leave. If they repent at that point, they should not remarry someone else.

But Jesus did say that the spouse who was cheated on may remarry. It should be a widow, or never married or the same as them--one who was cheated.

truthjourney

I said
We all have to make decisions based on which one is more important. But the bond between husband and wife should be stronger than the bond between wife and children. Children will always grow up and leave, at least they should. If we raised them right. But a husband and wife is for ever. Atleast it is suppose to be.
I think you're dismissing the safety and well being of children which should come first and which is more important. Do you realize how many parents lose custody of their children because they don't remove them from abusive situations as in for example a wife and mother who refuses to leave an abusive husband? I should know. My mother refused to do that and lost custody of me and my two sisters and brother and we went into foster care.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The item about the spouse who leaves a marriage and how they should not remarry is for those who cheated and leave. If they repent at that point, they should not remarry someone else.

But Jesus did say that the spouse who was cheated on may remarry. It should be a widow, or never married or the same as them--one who was cheated.

I disagree, we need to pay the consequences of our choices.

Marriage vow is not taken seriously in most Christian community.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Its not my standards, its God's.

I am unconvinced that God would want a man or a woman to be bound in an abusive or adulterous relationship.

truthjourney said:
I think you're dismissing the safety and well being of children which should come first and which is more important. Do you realize how many parents lose custody of their children because they don't remove them from abusive situations as in for example a wife and mother who refuses to leave an abusive husband? I should know. My mother refused to do that and lost custody of me and my two sisters and brother and we went into foster care.

Exactly ... the CHILDREN'S well being should always trump that of the abusive (or cheating) spouse/parent.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I believe when the parents cannot provide peaceful and healthy family environment for their children, they need to stop. Parents have no right to subject the children to such condition. Pretentiousness will not work.

Children are powerless.

I said
The problem with society today is everyone has their own definition for abusive. A man is raised to believe he is the one for the discipline. My dad used to really beat us kids when we messed up. My mother would get in the way and he would have to hit her. Then when he got to us he was twice as mad. She thought she was helping but she wasn't. She only made him twice as mad. We used to ask her to not but in. But her emotions always got in it. She thought she was helping us kids. But she was making it worse.
That is what I mean by using words like abusive. There are to many different ways to define the word. But I can see a woman leaving with children if there was child molesting. But even then she shouldn't have sex with any other man.
Sex is marriage in Gods eyes. The marriage license was only invented in the late 1800's. Before that marriage was defined by sex. So if a wife leaves her husband, and doesn't have sex with anyone else she can find mercy from God. Or she can return to her husband.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
No its for any reason. Now the one who cheats first is the guilty party and the other one is free to remarry. But the cheating one is not.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Your wrong children should never come before one's mate.

Interplanner

I said
No its for any reason. Now the one who cheats first is the guilty party and the other one is free to remarry. But the cheating one is not.

Can you be more clear by not starting a sentence with "it's". There are a lot of its in what I said. You probably mean: the spouse who cheated should not remarry another other person than their spouse, and if they don't reconcile, the cheating spouse should not remarry at all.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I am unconvinced that God would want a man or a woman to be bound in an abusive or adulterous relationship.

Exactly ... the CHILDREN'S well being should always trump that of the abusive (or cheating) spouse/parent.

I said
I don't think you understand why there is so much suffering in the world. God puts all of us in places where we have a choice to suffer wrongfully, or run. The definition of love is to "suffer wrongfully and do it willingly".

1 Pet 2:19-22
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
(NKJ)

some do it willingly to please God. Others are to weak. Jesus done it willingly to demonstrate His love for us. And asks us to love others the same way.

Interplanner

I said
I don't think you understand why there is so much suffering in the world. God puts all of us in places where we have a choice to suffer wrongfully, or run. The definition of love is to "suffer wrongfully and do it willingly".

1 Pet 2:19-22
19 For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what credit is it if, when you are beaten for your faults, you take it patiently? But when you do good and suffer, if you take it patiently, this is commendable before God.
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
22 "Who committed no sin, nor was deceit found in His mouth";
(NKJ)

some do it willingly to please God. Others are to weak. Jesus done it willingly to demonstrate His love for us. And asks us to love others the same way.

That refers to suffering for the Gospel's sake. It is not an answer about abuse, and Paul does not try to make an unbeliever stay who wants to go (I Cor 7:15+).

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
The problem with society today is everyone has their own definition for abusive. A man is raised to believe he is the one for the discipline.

One ... it is not up to a *man* to discipline his wife ...

My dad used to really beat us kids when we messed up.

Beating is NOT discipline. It is abuse. There is a difference between a spanking as compared to beating.

My mother would get in the way and he would have to hit her. Then when he got to us he was twice as mad. She thought she was helping but she wasn't. She only made him twice as mad. We used to ask her to not but in. But her emotions always got in it. She thought she was helping us kids. But she was making it worse.

Squeaky, your thought process on this is extremely messed up. When you use words like "have to hit her" you are falling into the game that abusers love to play.

"It was her fault" ... "she shouldn't have made me so mad I had to hit her". IF a wife/mother is witness to her husband BEATING (your words) her children, she should respond in one of two way. She should either grab them and LEAVE or find something powerful enough to swing at his head to temporarily disable him.

That is what I mean by using words like abusive. There are to many different ways to define the word. But I can see a woman leaving with children if there was child molesting. But even then she shouldn't have sex with any other man.

One, she should make sure he is arrested and charged and never has contacts with the children again. Two, you wish to punish the ex-wife of a CHILD MOLESTER by pretending she doesn't have right to remarry and continue her life because first husband is child-raping creep? Seriously. That's too much. Even for you.

Sex is marriage in Gods eyes. The marriage license was only invented in the late 1800's. Before that marriage was defined by sex. So if a wife leaves her husband, and doesn't have sex with anyone else she can find mercy from God. Or she can return to her husband.

I think you are reading your own misogyny into your version of God.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said

A parent's FIRST priority is to their children. Allowing them to "suffer wrongly and do it willingly" is not the response of a loving parent.

truthjourney

I said
Your wrong children should never come before one's mate.
No I am not wrong. You don't know what you're talking about. You're so blinded by legalism that you have no clue what it means to be a good, loving and responsible parent.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That refers to suffering for the Gospel's sake. It is not an answer about abuse, and Paul does not try to make an unbeliever stay who wants to go (I Cor 7:15+).

I said
Everything a Christian does is for the Gospels sake. Was Jesus abused when He was hanging on that cross??