Wine of Jesus

granpa

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the juice (wine) of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.
—1 John 1:7

Today when we want to wash something we use detergent. A detergent is a special kind of molecule that has two radically different parts. One part binds to water and the other part binds to oil.
In the old days they didn't have modern detergents. All they had was alcohol. Alcohol is a primitive and very simple detergent.

The phrase "Wine of Jesus (Samson)" or "wine of God" could be loosely translated into english as "wine from hell". In other words it's what we would call hard alcohol. Pure distilled alcohol. We still use it, even today, to clean and disinfect.

And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eats any manner of blood;
I will even set my face against that soul that eats blood, and will excommunicate him from among his people.
I have given to you the soma of wine of the soul [which] is upon the altar-of-atonement of your souls: for the wine of the soul (Holy Spirit) atones.
Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourns among you eat blood.
—Leviticus 17:10-12

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
The phrase "Wine of Jesus (Samson)" or "wine of God" could be loosely translated into english as "wine from hell". In other words it's what we would call hard alcohol. Pure distilled alcohol.
Wrong.