ECT WILL PENTECOSTALS TELL US WHY ??

turbosixx

Try seeing the "water" mentioned here as being the "Living water" Jesus spoke of with the woman at the well. Now, all we have to do is review His words to her. . .:)

"Unless one is born again by the "Living water" _"Word" (John 20:22) and the "Spirit" points up the purpose and necessity of Pentecost.

If you are referring to Jn. 3:5, I'm gonna disagree. Here's why. Jesus is talking about being added to the kingdom. 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. When we look at what Jesus said and what the apostles did when converting people, we see the water (h2o) and the spirit.

Matt. 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
Acts 10:47 "Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?"
Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Did this address your suggestion?

False Prophet

The Pentecostal denominations came from Asusa Street, and not the book of Acts! That is why you can not compare the two. William Seymour came from Houston Tex. where he preached at Julia Hutchin's church, but he was locked out; so they went to the Bonnie Brae house where it all started. The porch collapsed from too many people, so they moved down to the Asusa Street mission. This was not the book of acts!

turbosixx

The Pentecostal denominations came from Asusa Street, and not the book of Acts! That is why you can not compare the two. William Seymour came from Houston Tex. where he preached at Julia Hutchin's church, but he was locked out; so they went to the Bonnie Brae house where it all started. The porch collapsed from too many people, so they moved down to the Asusa Street mission. This was not the book of acts!

I agree.

Cross Reference

If you are referring to Jn. 3:5, I'm gonna disagree. Here's why. Jesus is talking about being added to the kingdom. 5Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. When we look at what Jesus said and what the apostles did when converting people, we see the water (h2o) and the spirit.

Matt. 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
Acts 10:47 "Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?"

Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Did this address your suggestion?

I am not referring to Jn3:5 directly but I see a corollary to it if we factor in John 17:3. Don't you?

turbosixx

Try this out in your own experience: Baptism is an outward profession of an inner hope that by the preaching/teaching I have received, I am left with the expectation Jesus changes lives irrespective of further participation on my part.. Whatta ya think? Am I close?

Back to where we were, there are no scriptures that tell us baptism is an outward profession of an inner hope. That is a product of man that weakens what baptism really does.

Gal. 3: 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Cross Reference

Back to where we were, there are no scriptures that tell us baptism is an outward profession of an inner hope. That is a product of man that weakens what baptism really does.

Gal. 3: 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

I only said try it out in your own 'spiritual'experience __ not to etch it in stone.

oatmeal

Hi and are still a BUNKUM and your belief of the written word is more of a CHARLATAN !!

DAN P

So rather than believe God's record of what happened, you resort to name calling?

Well, that is not the attitude that God teaches you need if you want to learn from God's word.

Pay attention to James 1:21!

Learn it, do it, and you'll get the answers you seek

oatmeal

That is clear and simple, "Like as"

Ever noticed that if some topic or idea really bothers some of the TOL forum members, that they will rag on it, beat it death, run it up one side and the other, try kill it, derail the thread, and believe that unless they say so everybody and everything is wrong with whatever.

What a small and petty life they must live.

Thank you for sharing that, God certainly paid attention to details when He created the heavens and the earth and all that in them is, He most certainly paid that same attention to detail when He authored His Word.

DAN P

So rather than believe God's record of what happened, you resort to name calling?

Well, that is not the attitude that God teaches you need if you want to learn from God's word.

Pay attention to James 1:21!

Learn it, do it, and you'll get the answers you seek

Hi , and BUNKUM means " insincere talk " !!

If I had called you an PREARICATOR , than it means you are a LIAR !!

Pentecostals and Low Informational bible writers have no knowledge of bibical truth , does that make you more HAPPY-GO-LUCKY as you need lucky to reponse !!:darwinsm::darwinsm:

dan p

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi , and BUNKUM means " insincere talk " !!

If I had called you an PREARICATOR , than it means you are a LIAR !!

Pentecostals and Low Informational bible writers have no knowledge of bibical truth , does that make you more HAPPY-GO-LUCKY as you need lucky to reponse !!:darwinsm::darwinsm:

dan p

PREARICATOR ?

Maybe PREVARICATOR

Prevaricator -- get out of telling the truth: to avoid giving a direct and honest answer or opinion, or a clear and truthful account of a situation, especially by quibbling or being deliberately ambiguous or misleading

Concerning Pentecostals and low informational Bible writers, why don't you look up Myer Pearlman's "Knowing the Doctrine of the Bible."

DAN P

PREARICATOR ?

Maybe PREVARICATOR

Prevaricator -- get out of telling the truth: to avoid giving a direct and honest answer or opinion, or a clear and truthful account of a situation, especially by quibbling or being deliberately ambiguous or misleading

Concerning Pentecostals and low informational Bible writers, why don't you look up Myer Pearlman's "Knowing the Doctrine of the Bible."

Hi and I have a book full of words like that , I had a friend , ( Pentecostal ) and as I was ready to leave his home , he asked me , to explain dispensationalism !

After an hour long discussion , this is how he responded , BUT I like my TONGUES , and then I left .

They do not have ant answers and even my own mother said to me later , TONGUES are of the flesh , and she spoke in tongies for years !!

I now do my own study and stay away from Acts 2 , and even Acts 28 er and check verb tenses that will help all to know the action of the verse or verses , and all need to study the OT also !!

DAN P