Will I get an infraction if I post this without prior permission?

staind.raindrop

Is embedding (a censored version? of) a rap song in a post something I should ask permission for? It's a song that I feel demonstrates multiple points in 2 topics I've commented on recently: "Sandy Hook shooter couldn't see the difference between humans and animals", and "I'm old, can anyone exlpain rap crap to me?" I feel my points are necessary to make because people are dying, being killed as a result of our disconnect with the concepts surrounding mental illness and poverty. My points are:

1. I believe it has potential to expresses the often ignored experience of a mentally or emotionally disturbed human growing up in this distant society, therefore contributing to getting a bridge built. If you can tolerate the simple, dreadful fact that it's rap :jawdrop: check out Munchausen syndrome first.
2. I believe that as harsh as the song is, it is a healthy example of how to deal with emotions that Adam Lanza killed over.
3. Part of our disconnect is shown in the offense at the reality of 'poverty music'. Since this is a rap song, the connection between it and the 2 posts illustrates that this music is valid, and that there is a connection between poverty and mental illness.
4. I think that the connection and timing are uncanny enough, that I must attempt to post it in any version.
5. I feel the clean version significantly limits the expression of the artist's intellectual approach at therapy for extreme, valid emotions. I reccomend tolerating the unedited version one time, if you can, for the sake of the points. Maybe I should post both for people to choose from?

Last edited:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the song contains vulgarity, yes it will get you an infraction unless you get the forum owner--Knight's permission to post it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would suggest not posting it if it has objectionable content in it that might get you banned.

You should be able to make your case without posting a song (and I use that word lightly concerning rap).

But since I do not know the song you want to use, and just how objectionable the content is; then you should PM a mod about it before attempting to post it.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Is embedding (a censored version? of) a rap song in a post something I should ask permission for? It's a song that I feel demonstrates multiple points in 2 topics I've commented on recently: "Sandy Hook shooter couldn't see the difference between humans and animals", and "I'm old, can anyone exlpain rap crap to me?" I feel my points are necessary to make because people are dying, being killed as a result of our disconnect with the concepts surrounding mental illness and poverty. My points are:

1. I believe it has potential to expresses the often ignored experience of a mentally or emotionally disturbed human growing up in this distant society, therefore contributing to getting a bridge built. If you can tolerate the simple, dreadful fact that it's rap :jawdrop: check out Munchausen syndrome first.
2. I believe that as harsh as the song is, it is a healthy example of how to deal with emotions that Adam Lanza killed over.
3. Part of our disconnect is shown in the offense at the reality of 'poverty music'. Since this is a rap song, the connection between it and the 2 posts illustrates that this music is valid, and that there is a connection between poverty and mental illness.
4. I think that the connection and timing are uncanny enough, that I must attempt to post it in any version.
5. I feel the clean version significantly limits the expression of the artist's intellectual approach at therapy for extreme, valid emotions. I reccomend tolerating the unedited version one time, if you can, for the sake of the points. Maybe I should post both for people to choose from?
You could embed the clean version and post a link to the other with a graphic lyrics warning.

staind.raindrop

You could embed the clean version and post a link to the other with a graphic lyrics warning.

Ok, which mod do I listen to? I don't think it lacks taste, or is vulgar, but others may simply because of the presence of swear words. Vulgar is a matter of opinion, isn't it?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry I didn't see that Inzl had responded. Send Knight a PM

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ok, which mod do I listen to? I don't think it lacks taste, or is vulgar, but others may simply because of the presence of swear words. Vulgar is a matter of opinion, isn't it?

Swear words are vulgar too, friend.

Many posters got infraction because of it.