Why Macroevolution is a Dumb Idea - A Summary

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Perhaps it would help the discussion if everybody would read the rather extended discussion in the WEASEL thread today of how sparse are "feasible" proteins.

Here is the "kicker":
... all proteins that have been examined to date, either experimentally or by comparison of analogous sequences from different species, have been seen to be surrounded by an almost infinitely wide chasm of unfolded, nonfunctional, useless protein sequences.

From the analyses shown, it is highly likely that the major types, i.e. birds, various mammals, hominids, repiles, fish, etc. are each "clustered", with vast wastelands of non-functional proteins separating the different types.

I presented my "cytochrome c" analysis some months ago which showed the same "clustering" effect, indicating, to me at least, that the biblical model of multiple types "at the beginning" is supported by the evidence we find in nature.

Last edited:

Jukia

bob b said:
I presented my "cytochrome c" analysis some months ago which showed the same "clustering" effect, indicating, to me at least, that the biblical model of multiple types "at the beginning" is supported by the evidence we find in nature.

My recollection is that your cytochrome c analysis did not quite stand up to scrutiny, but frankly, reviewing all that again will only give me a migraine.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jukia said:
My recollection is that your cytochrome c analysis did not quite stand up to scrutiny, but frankly, reviewing all that again will only give me a migraine.

Yes, viewing evidence that falsifies macroevolution does tend to give evolutionists a migraine. :wave:

Johnny

How do I tell if a mutation is deleterious or not? What types of mutations are allowed? What types are not?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey Johnny,
How did you like the "kicker"?

"... all proteins that have been examined to date, either experimentally or by comparison of analogous sequences from different species, have been seen to be surrounded by an almost infinitely wide chasm of unfolded, nonfunctional, useless protein sequences."

Johnny

Hard to say with just the quote. When I have time to read Behe's argument I'll let you know. Now if you could answer my question I'd appreciate it.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Johnny said:
How do I tell if a mutation is deleterious or not? What types of mutations are allowed? What types are not?

First define for me the word "mutation".

After that define what types you think there are.

Then define what you mean when you say "what types are allowed or not".

The reason for the questions is that I want to be sure we are talking about the same phenomenon.