ECT Why is Jesus called the second Adam or last Adam?

Cross Reference

But Jesus said otherwise about Him being equal with God while in unglorified human flesh. Why do you suppose he was NOT presumptuous in declaring that except the state of His flesh was purposed to be equal with God from the beginning and Jesus never disappointed His Father in handling His Glory to keep it that way_____ and then Jesus became sin to die for man that man could be made capable of being equal with God as well __and in his flesh, be so.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
But Jesus said otherwise about Him being equal with God while in unglorified human flesh. Why do you suppose he was NOT presumptuous in declaring except the state of His flesh was purposed to be equal with God from the beginning and Jesus disappointed His Father in handling His Father Glory_____ and then Jesus became sin to die for man that man could be made capable of being equal with God as well __and in his flesh, by so.
Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.

It is my position that He was never not the Son of God (the only one ever begotten of God) (thereby or therefore He has always possessed Deity) and that He always did the will of the Father.

Colossians 2:9 NASB

Cross Reference

It is my position that He was never not the Son of God (the only one ever begotten of God) (thereby or therefore He has always possessed Deity) and that He always did the will of the Father.

Indeed, Being the son of God was the only way He could be the sinless, son of man. Having said that, the only way He could possess deity was for His human flesh to become "glorified".

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Then why did he learn obedience and suffer for the lack of it.

Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Cross Reference

If Jesus was deity before the cross, in the fullest sense of the word, He could not have been God's "Lamb" for redeeming man __ He could not have been the second Adam God had purposed for the first Adam.

oatmeal

Good! I felt like I was reading myself.

New questions re Redemption:

1. How has God rewarded the man Jesus Who did all that?

2. Who did He do it all for? Man, God, Himself, who?

3. What are the reasons?

God highly exalted him Philippians 2

John 3:16

John 3:16

TFTn5280

If Jesus was deity before the cross, in the fullest sense of the word, He could not have been God's "Lamb" for redeeming man __ He could not have been the second Adam God had purposed for the first Adam.

Well, CR, that's where you get it wrong. Jesus in his human nature was Lamb, the redeeming Man, Adam number Two. In his Divine nature he was fully God, he who condescends to dwell among us. Christ the humble God. Make him less than that, make him more than man, and tell me how he can save? What he did not assume, he could not heal. If only half of Adam fell, then Christ could assume but that half. But if the whole man fell, then the second Man must have assumed his whole. Yours is but an alloy jesus: half man, half God, like neither, and fully incapable of ushering in salvation. I know you disagree with me ~ to your shame; but that is how it is. The water's warm, my friend, come on in.

Edit question: What did you say his name was? Hercules?

Cross Reference

Well, CR, that's where you get it wrong. Jesus in his human nature was Lamb, the redeeming Man, Adam number Two. In his Divine nature he was fully God, he who condescends to dwell among us.

He had already condescended by being born. We are now in the afterwards of His condescension.

oatmeal

Well, CR, that's where you get it wrong. Jesus in his human nature was Lamb, the redeeming Man, Adam number Two. In his Divine nature he was fully God, he who condescends to dwell among us. Christ the humble God. Make him less than that, make him more than man, and tell me how he can save? What he did not assume, he could not heal. If only half of Adam fell, then Christ could assume but that half. But if the whole man fell, then the second Man must have assumed his whole. Yours is but an alloy jesus: half man, half God, like neither, and fully incapable of ushering in salvation. I know you disagree with me ~ to your shame; but that is how it is. The water's warm, my friend, come on in.

Edit question: What did you say his name was? Hercules?

So the lamb OF God was actually God? No, that's not what you said, didn't you say that that lamb of God is a man?

Lamb OF God, son OF God,

Not

Lamb is God, son is God.

Two entities residing in one body?

A man with a man's soul and body and God injected himself into a man and what? Possessed the man?

Really?

Jesus is a man, God is spirit

The spirit OF God descended down to Jesus in the shape of a dove.

Matthew 3:16

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

We too have received the spirit of God,

I John 4:13

Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

We, too, have the spirit of God in us.

Are we God? Tell me, are we God?

Cross Reference

So the lamb OF God was actually God? No, that's not what you said, didn't you say that that lamb of God is a man?

Lamb OF God, son OF God,

Not

Lamb is God, son is God.

Two entities residing in one body?

A man with a man's soul and body and God injected himself into a man and what? Possessed the man?

Really?

Jesus is a man, God is spirit

The spirit OF God descended down to Jesus in the shape of a dove.

Matthew 3:16

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

We too have received the spirit of God,

Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

We, too, have the spirit of God in us.

Are we God? Tell me, are we God?

Question for you oats:

If the Spirit of God indeed dwells you, and you were born sinless, could you then not proclaim your equality with God as a human?

oatmeal

Question for you oats:

If the Spirit of God indeed dwells you, and you were born sinless, could you then not proclaim your equality with God as a human?

CR,

No one needs to be sinless to have some equalities with God

God gave us eternal life. Romans 6:23. God gave us of something he has.

God has eternal life, we now have eternal life.

Eternal life = eternal life

We have an equality with God in the eternal life category

God is righteous, we have been given His righteousness.

II Corinthians 5:21

We have equality with God in the righteousness category (Of course, having it and living it are two different things)

God is spirit, we have been given of HIS spirit.

We have been given of HIS Spirit, does His spirit = His spirit? Yes, and we have been given of HIS spirit

God does His will, we can do God's will, when we do God's will, are we doing God's will?

If we can do God's will and God can do God's will, when we do God's will we are doing what God does. That puts us on an equality with God.

We must understand that equality does not mean identity.

We can be equal but not the identical being.

A garden stake in the ground can be 90 degrees to the ground,

A magnificent flag pole 100 ft tall with our stars and stripes on it is 90 degrees to the ground.

The angles are equal, but the objects are not identical

Even so, we can have the equal angle on truth that God takes, but we are not God.

Even so with Jesus Christ, He took God's angle on the truth, not man's, thus Jesus Christ did God's will perfectly, right on target.