Why I'm not Calvinist

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I like some of Calvinism.
Because I believe God took the first step in salvation in His work of election, I can tell you from my personal work of evangelism that I have complete faith that when I present the gospel that God will enable His chosen ones to believe it. They might not believe immediately but eventually they will.

Not having to argue, not having to worry (especially over family and loved ones) is quite a relief. Because I believe God elects to salvation, I give the gospel out free ninety free no strings attached.

There are some to this day who still have not come to faith but I am not to decide who is and who is not elect, and God does not predestine anyone to hell.

If God predestined some to hell then the last thing we should do is send out missionaries to preach the gospel since rejecting the gospel is what condemns forever. No, the fact is that Adam died the very day he ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, Adam died spiritually as his spirit turned into a corpse within his flesh. Thus the need for regeneration.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I like some of Calvinism.
Because I believe God took the first step in salvation in His work of election, I can tell you from my personal work of evangelism that I have complete faith that when I present the gospel that God will enable His chosen ones to believe it. They might not believe immediately but eventually they will.

Not having to argue, not having to worry (especially over family and loved ones) is quite a relief. Because I believe God elects to salvation, I give the gospel out free ninety free no strings attached.

There are some to this day who still have not come to faith but I am not to decide who is and who is not elect, and God does not predestine anyone to hell.

If God predestined some to hell then the last thing we should do is send out missionaries to preach the gospel since rejecting the gospel is what condemns forever. No, the fact is that Adam died the very day he ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, Adam died spiritually as his spirit turned into a corpse within his flesh. Thus the need for regeneration.

So, Calvinism is another one of your problems huh?

beloved57

For a person to say, why I am not a Calvinist, may as well say, why I am not a believer in Christ, since Tulip Truths are the Gospel of Gods Grace !

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I'd be well impressed if there were a Calvinist who believed they were outside of the 'elect'...

:think:

According to scripture the elect are condemned and headed to hell until they believe.

Election is made from a condemned and lost state.

beloved57

intojoy

According to scripture the elect are condemned and headed to hell until they believe.

Thats a lie on the scripture !

Those Christ died for [the sheep/elect] are reconciled to God while they are enemies/unbelievers Rom 5:10 !

Truster

Anyone who has to believe in a theological system lacks the trust that is provided for salvation. They have rested in the arm of the flesh. They have believed a single system having passed through other systems. Calvinism is something the elect pass through, because they will come to hate the very idea of trusting in anything that is not directly authored by the Holy Spirit.

I would advise so called ''Calvinist'' to ask the question. How were men saved before TULIP? in the 1,500 years before the birth of Calvin. If Calvinism is the evangelism then there was no evangelism prior to 1560 and so all men perished...ridiculous!

musterion

Thats a lie on the scripture !

Those Christ died for [the sheep/elect] are reconciled to God while they are enemies/unbelievers Rom 5:10 !

Once again B57 proves that Calvinism is about being saved by election, not through faith in Christ according to the Gospel. It's a totally different religion.

Truster

What Calvinism is about, in relation to what you have said, is men are predetermined to receive trust during regeneration. It does not teach that man must exercise trust to receive salvation. Calvinism puts the cart behind the horse...so to speak.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I speak for myself but probably for all open theists that I know of: we do not believe or teach that man achieves or deserves his own salvation. Our salvation comes from Christ alone and is the gift of God.

The many who falsely accuse us are just inventing falsehoods to smear the good name of open theists and should shut up.