ECT Why do D'ists champion the older brother of the Prodigal Son story?

Interplanner

It's always interesting to see how people miss the point of the Prodigal son story. Sure it's great that he repented and returned, but look at the things the older son does to 'punish' him. Why do D'ists find their hero in the older son and him 'getting his'?

SaulToPaul 2

Luke 15
15:31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
15:32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Matthew 10
10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Interplanner

Luke 15
15:31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
15:32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Matthew 10
10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

lol, you are a hoot. That's the father about the younger wilder brother, and it is said to knock some sense in to the older brother. You are so far off, either in understanding or communication, but I'm at the receiving end of your communication, and can only go by what you send.

As I have shown 1000x, he is getting some Jewish believers trained because of their background, to go in to the mission that will start in Acts 2. this is not a proof of any D'ist doctrines at all. It is a training plan for the mission to the nations.That's why, as soon as the foreign woman heard it, and made her case, HE WELCOMED HER FAITH AS BEING GREATER FAITH THAN MOST OF PEOPLE IN ISRAEL.

Why would he even bother with that topic if RACE was the denominator of what he did?

Only a person with a communist/Marxist methodology (even if not communist/Marxist in "party") could miss what Jesus was doing.

SaulToPaul 2

lol, you are a hoot. That's the father about the younger wilder brother, and it is said to knock some sense in to the older brother. You are so far off, either in understanding or communication, but I'm at the receiving end of your communication, and can only go by what you send.

As I have shown 1000x, he is getting some Jewish believers trained because of their background, to go in to the mission that will start in Acts 2. this is not a proof of any D'ist doctrines at all. It is a training plan for the mission to the nations.That's why, as soon as the foreign woman heard it, and made her case, HE WELCOMED HER FAITH AS BEING GREATER FAITH THAN MOST OF PEOPLE IN ISRAEL.

Why would he even bother with that topic if RACE was the denominator of what he did?

Only a person with a communist/Marxist methodology (even if not communist/Marxist in "party") could miss what Jesus was doing.

You lied in your OP. Why?

SaulToPaul 2

Matthew 10:23 (KJV)
regarding the "mission"

Interplanner

regarding the "mission"

You make things so obscure by your blinders, blinders of intake, and blinders of expression.

What lie?

Mt 10:23 is not the proof text you think. Mt 4 already showed that the mission to the nations was in mind, and that it was in mind as far back as Is 11, and Is 11 had it mind because it is about the Child, and the Child was in mind because of Gen 3. So how little of the Bible you refer to when you refer to it? What you do is darken it and block it, every time you speak.

SaulToPaul 2

You make things so obscure by your blinders, blinders of intake, and blinders of expression.

What lie?

Mt 10:23 is not the proof text you think. Mt 4 already showed that the mission to the nations was in mind, and that it was in mind as far back as Is 11, and Is 11 had it mind because it is about the Child, and the Child was in mind because of Gen 3. So how little of the Bible you refer to when you refer to it? What you do is darken it and block it, every time you speak.

The mission to the nations was indeed always in mind, AFTER Israel was first saved.

Interplanner

The mission to the nations was indeed always in mind, AFTER Israel was first saved.

You continue to obscure things. You never explain enough. do you pay a dollar per word entered there for your internet? Do you mean in Gen 12 or in Acts?

Israel the nation was never all saved, and won't be. We know those in the past won't, who did in unbelief. The people (ethnos) that are believers have always been and will be. It is the same as the difference between the multitude and the remnant.

This is the first time you have ever said the mission to the nations was always in mind if you mean Gen 12 or 3. I am the one who has been saying that it always was there in the gospel accounts, but being born and raised there, he got his first trainees there. He wanted them ready by the date of Pentecost after Resurrection, and he did.

Even when I ask what lie is back there in the OP you don't explain. I'm supposed to read your mind. It will help enormously in your thinking if you will become a complete communicator. Sentences are to paragraphs what words are to a sentence. Say what you mean and don't mean. Say what you used to think, but don't any longer., etc, etc.

Complete communication please.

SaulToPaul 2

You continue to obscure things. You never explain enough. do you pay a dollar per word entered there for your internet? Do you mean in Gen 12 or in Acts?

Israel the nation was never all saved, and won't be. We know those in the past won't, who did in unbelief. The people (ethnos) that are believers have always been and will be. It is the same as the difference between the multitude and the remnant.

This is the first time you have ever said the mission to the nations was always in mind if you mean Gen 12 or 3. I am the one who has been saying that it always was there in the gospel accounts, but being born and raised there, he got his first trainees there. He wanted them ready by the date of Pentecost after Resurrection, and he did.

Even when I ask what lie is back there in the OP you don't explain. I'm supposed to read your mind. It will help enormously in your thinking if you will become a complete communicator. Sentences are to paragraphs what words are to a sentence. Say what you mean and don't mean. Say what you used to think, but don't any longer., etc, etc.

Complete communication please.

When the LORD roars out of Zion, all ISRAEL will be saved.
Then, and only then, will the Great Commission be carried out.

Very simple.

SaulToPaul 2

Yep.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

Yes, and I believe this 'end' refers to:

1 Cor
15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Ending the millenium...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that the remnant of Israel can only mean those that are faithful and righteous among the children of Israel.
As we can see in the verse below, GOD is angry with the remnant for their iniquity and transgressions, but will have mercy on them all.
Remnant can also mean any and all of Israel that are left (ie. ALL that remain alive at the time).

Micah 7:18 KJV
(18) Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.​

Even in the NT, the remnant does not always mean the faithful and righteous ones.
Matthew 22:6 KJV​
(6) And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.​

iamaberean

Luke 15

Matthew 10

Where were the lost sheep of the house of Israel when Jesus spoke those words? Jesus and the apostles would have known, right?