Why do border crossings exsist?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
How about hiring the 7000 caravan people to build the wall. 14 locations - 500 person labour camps given the task of outperforming each other for bonuses. Each group responsible for a set amount of miles. Food, water and tents for 4-6 months of work under military guidance. Plus fast track immigration when completed and $1000 - $4000 cash upon completion depending on evaluation.

Win-win! :thumb:

quip

BANNED
Banned
I say build a wall and on the southern side of the wall, dig a trench and fill it with water.

:think:

Then all you would need are cameras and sensors placed at regular intervals with their views overlapping and we'd be golden.

That sounds idyllic. Would that be fresh or salt water...you'd have to choose between alligators or sharks!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That sounds idyllic. Would that be fresh or salt water...you'd have to choose between alligators or sharks!
Well, considering that the border goes from coast to coast, salt water from the ocean would fill it in.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Not really. A high percentage of that 7k (roughly 97.3%) would be thieving,

Then put them on trial, convict them of theft, and force them to pay restitution based on what they stole.

Then put them on trial, convict them of rape, and execute them. That would deter the rest from doing the same.

:idunno:

and other unmentionables during the 3 hour off-time from their American-stealing job.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Then put them on trial, convict them of theft, and force them to pay restitution based on what they stole.

Then put them on trial, convict them of rape, and execute them. That would deter the rest from doing the same.

:idunno:

:up: the American way!

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Look - if the people on this so-called "caravan" are sent back to their native Central America they will most likely be killed . They will be goners . They have he right to ask for asylum .
International laws grant the right of refugees to ask for asylum, period .
Anyone who thinks they are a "threat " to America has been brainwashed by racist , xenophobic propaganda . If you are a white American you have a much,much greater chance of being murdered by some WHITE thug or group of them than any of these people .

ok doser

Look - if the people on this so-called "caravan" are sent back to their native Central America they will most likely be killed .

so let them stay in mexico :idunno:

They will be goners . They have he right to ask for asylum .

so let them ask for asylum in mexico

ok doser

They have he right to ask for asylum .

Specifically:

Rights of refugees and asylum-seekers

International refugee law or international human rights treaties neither articulate an explicit entitlement to asylum for the individuals concerned, nor impose an obligation on states to grant asylum. Individuals have a right to seek asylum, not to be granted asylum, and the states have the right to grant asylum, but no obligation. The Geneva Convention does not guarantee asylum-seekers the right to be granted refugee status, even if they fulfil the conditions to be considered refugees; this remains at state discretion.

https://epthinktank.eu/2015/10/27/refugee-status-under-international-law/

so yes, you're right - individuals have the right to seek asylum, period

in a similar manner, I have the right to ask you for a pony, period

fool

Hall of Fame
I'm not entrenched on the topic...and the caravan has crystalized my concern.
The Caravan is like 4,000 people.
In FY 2018 there were almost 400,000 apprehensions.
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/usbp-sw-border-apprehensions
So you caught 100 times the number in the caravan and have no idea how many slipped thru.
Glad to see your thinking is crystallized, the rest of us have been here for a while.
Something has to be done to interdict. I'd like to see a harder look at all the alternatives.
You don't have to sneak over here to pick fruit.
I'm not a Lawyer but you are so tell me where my perception of our system goes off the tracks here.
As long as you have a visa and an I-94 you can come here for six months at a time from Mexico. As long as you don't work for anyone for more than $500 you haven't triggered the employer's I-9 Employment Eligibility Requirement.
Round it out with a Taxpayer ID Number so you can send in the tax on your income and voila. You can pick fruit for 6 months as long as you don't work anywhere for more than $500 and pay your income tax and you haven't done anything wrong, the farmers who paid you haven't done anything wrong, nobody has done anything wrong.
And that's not a glitch in the system that's a feature.
We need swarms of people swirling around our agricultural areas when needed they come from Mexico and points further south. Then they go back with all the money they made and improve their lives in their home countries, maybe buy a little plot of land themselves, grow some fruit.

But, the catch is they know you're here and then you can rack up violations if you stay too long. And some people come fully intending to stay too long, like forever. So they don't want us to know they're here.
Hence a 25 minute video of people streaming across the border.
Even if 99% of the people on that video were sneaking in to pick strawberries or do concrete work the 1% that could be wanted murderers or terrorists or gang members makes it unacceptable.
400,000 Apprehensions Fiscal Year 2018.

fool

Hall of Fame
How about hiring the 7000 caravan people to build the wall. 14 locations - 500 person labour camps given the task of outperforming each other for bonuses. Each group responsible for a set amount of miles. Food, water and tents for 4-6 months of work under military guidance. Plus fast track immigration when completed and $1000 - $4000 cash upon completion depending on evaluation.

I had this thought quite a while ago, I was thinking amnesty for those already here at 1,000 hours labor. All food provided and equipment, people could work off their 1000 hours on the wall or in the kitchens or in the daycare center or at the school.
That's about six months.

fool

Hall of Fame
so let them stay in mexico :idunno:

so let them ask for asylum in mexico

I hear that the medical system in Canada is the best and free.
One idea would be to bus them to Canada and let them get asylum there.
Since its all so great there.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
And yet we're the country that immigrants from around the world are clamoring to enter :think:

Mexican and South American immigrants. African and Middle Eastern immigrants are clamoring to enter Western Europe.

Europeans and Canadians aren't clamoring to immigrate to the US.

glorydaz

Look - if the people on this so-called "caravan" are sent back to their native Central America they will most likely be killed . They will be goners . They have he right to ask for asylum .
Anyone who thinks they are a "threat " to America has been brainwashed by racist , xenophobic propaganda . If you are a white American you have a much,much greater chance of being murdered by some WHITE thug or group of them than any of these people .

Illegals voted in the Florida elections. That should be a hint right there.

fool

Hall of Fame
600 apprehended in the last 2 days at the border;
https://www.breitbart.com/border/20...-apprehended-near-arizona-border-in-two-days/

Officials said the apprehensions began during the evening of November 12 as agents observed a group of 55 Central Americans wading across the Colorado River. The migrants surrendered to Border Patrol agents after walking around the vehicle barriers. Officials said this section of the border has no barrier infrastructure that would deter pedestrian crossings.
Just walk right in.