Why am I here?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One eye...hello. I read that part in genesis over and over again. Wonder why Satan did not try and tempt Adam first since covnanent was between god and Adam. Then after reading the statement eve made I think Satan seen a way out...eve had a problem with authority? Reads that way to me

Do you always capitalize satan and not God?

ynot

I don't capatalize Satan at all. I get on the forum from my iPhone which seems to do its own corrections. If that offended anyone I'm sorry. God knows my heart. Believe that God has a bigger problem with our lack of faith in Him rather than the capitals being in correct location or not (smile). I have accepted Christ as my lord and savior. Thank you to u all for such warm welcoming. Already feel comfortable.
I must be honest it was my dad who pointed out the lie eve told that got me reading it over and over again. Only conclusion I have come to reading it is that we are truley sinful. Adam, eve and the servant had one thing in common. None accepted responsibility for their actions. Something tony must work on about himself. Yes...ynot is simply my name backwards.

ynot

My wife and I argue more over scripture than anything. I know it's wrong to argue with her about scripture. We argue over the roles of a husband and wife in a marriage. The more this goes on the further we separate spiritually. This brings me to my idol time. The lack of failure in the workplace...all this gives me doubt that who am I? Why do I feel god is calling me but yet I feel that I've done too much wrong to even utter a word of god. That's why the spelling of my name backwards ynot. Am i now looking for someone to agree with me? No. I am looking for answers.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Am i now looking for someone to agree with me? No. I am looking for answers.
And God has the answers for you.

Hebrews 7:25 Therefore He is able also to save [fn]forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse [your] hands, [ye] sinners; and purify [your] hearts, [ye] double minded.

James 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and [your] joy to heaviness.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Ephesians 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

Ephesians 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

Ephesians 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so [let] the wives [be] to their own husbands in every thing.

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, [do] all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Colossians 3:18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love [your] wives, and be not bitter against them.

Colossians 3:20 Children, obey [your] parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.

Colossians 3:21 Fathers, provoke not your children [to anger], lest they be discouraged.

Colossians 3:22 Servants, obey in all things [your] masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:

Colossians 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

Colossians 3:24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

1 Peter 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, [be] in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

1 Peter 3:2 While they behold your chaste conversation [coupled] with fear.

1 Peter 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward [adorning] of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

1 Peter 3:4 But [let it be] the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, [even the ornament] of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

1 Peter 3:5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

1 Peter 3:6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [them] according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

1 Corinthians 7:1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: [It is] good for a man not to touch a woman.

1 Corinthians 7:2 Nevertheless, [to avoid] fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

1 Corinthians 7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

1 Corinthians 7:4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

Dena

I ask myself often why I am here. I still haven't come up with an answer. Maybe you'll find one. Welcome to the forum!