Who won Battle Royale X?

• Samuel Lamerson

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Bob Enyart

Votes: 38 66.7%

• Total voters

Mr. 5020

FEMA the unicorn

Hopefully at least one reader saw that episode of Conan O'Brien and will get that joke. Probably not. Oh wait, found the transcript.

The transcript of that joke:
Conan O’Brien: “We asked three celebrities to complete a phrase. Okay? Our first phrase was…‘I think FEMA is…’ FEMA head Michael Brown said, ‘Doing the best job under tough circumstances.’ Jesse Jackson wrote, ‘Woefully unprepared for the task at hand.’ George W. Bush wrote, ‘A good name for a unicorn.’”

Conan O’Brien: “’The new chief justice of the Supreme Court should be…’ Rudolph Giuliani wrote, ‘Conservative, but also rational.’ Al Gore wrote, ‘Liberal, but also practical.’ George W. Bush wrote, ‘FEMA the Unicorn.’”

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Sadly, I think it's pagan greek philosophy that has won the heart of Christianity, but I voted Mr. Enyart for BR X.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If you actually read the debate there is no way possible you could objectively say that Sam won.

You are free to agree with him but Sam didn't win this debate. Not even close.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nineveh said:
Sadly, I think it's pagan greek philosophy that has won the heart of Christianity, but I voted Mr. Enyart for BR X.

Agreed and me too.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Bob won. Even if you agree with Dr. Lamerson, Bob won. Is the settled view really that weak, or did Sam not represent it real strongly? Not meaning to insult Dr. Lamerson with this, honest question. Great job Bob! Even though the "battle" element wasn't too exciting, there was a ton of good info presented for the Open View.

Jeff

Lion

King of the jungle
Super Moderator
Bobby Enyart by a knockout in the third round! Oh, and in every round following!

Mr. 5020

Nathon Detroit said:
If you actually read the debate there is no way possible you could objectively say that Sam won.
I read the debate, and I say (as objectively as possible) that Sam won.
Nathon Detroit said:
You are free to agree with him but Sam didn't win this debate. Not even close.
As if you're being objective. :rolleyes:

SOTK

Sam won the debate, however, and I don't mean this to be personal, but Sam could have done a better job. I think Sam could have really slam dunked it if he would have wanted to. He had some great rounds and some rounds which could have gone a lot better. I still think he won the debate, and had some fantastic arguments, however, I felt he could have done much better.

I appreciated Bob's time, passion, and the energy he put into his posts. :up: I just don't agree with his position and felt he spent way too much time going off on rabit trails. He didn't stick to the topic of the debate very well.

I want to say that I felt Bob did a classy thing at the end of the last round by emphasizing our commonality and that is Jesus. Bob made it a point to state that that is what's really important and I couldn't agree more. I appreciate that he ended the debate on that note. :)

SOTK

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It is literally beyond my ability to comprehend how anyone, whether they agreed with Dr. Lamerson or not, could believe that he won this debate!

I would like for any of you who say that he did to explain as clearly as possible what your thought process is that leads you to the conclusion that the Dr. didn't get his hat handed to him in this debate because I don't see how it is rationally possible. Unless shown otherwise, I will take anyone's position that Dr. Lamerson won as objective proof of their intellectual dishonesty.

My challenge to any of you is to prove me wrong.

Resting in Him,
Clete

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
Clete said:
It is literally beyond my ability to comprehend how anyone, whether they agreed with Dr. Lamerson or not, could believe that he won this debate!

I would like for any of you who say that he did to explain as clearly as possible what your thought process is that leads you to the conclusion that the Dr. didn't get his hat handed to him in this debate because I don't see how it is rationally possible. Unless shown otherwise, I will take anyone's position that Dr. Lamerson won as objective proof of their intellectual dishonesty.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete, the lack of clash speaks volumes about Bob's character and the sad sad reality of the open view. Sam's theology is as faultless as the good Lord Himself. NOAH? JONAH? Herme...what? These things don't come close to addressing Sam's argument which is simply this:

• The Bible contains many many verses about God knowing things.
  • The settled view is correct.

Listen, I've read Calvin and Hobbes and I've never seen a word about predestination in there. And it isn't Augustinian, it's September. You OVers should just give it up already.

~D2I

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
death2impiety said:
Clete said:

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete, the lack of clash speaks volumes about Bob's character and the sad sad reality of the open view. Sam's theology is as faultless as the good Lord Himself. NOAH? JONAH? Herme...what? These things don't come close to addressing Sam's argument which is simply this:

Listen, I've read Calvin and Hobbes and I've never seen a word about predestination in there. And it isn't Augustinian, it's September. You OVers should just give it up already.

~D2I
I rest my case.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
death2impiety said:

~D2I
LOL!

;)

Shalom

Bob Enyardt won hands down.....I think Lamerson did a good job and I dont want to knock him but, I think that Bob needs to debate someone more knowledged on the subject with better debating skills. It was like watching a professional athelete compete against a college athelete. The first couple rounds were really interesting and then Lamerson just faded away while Bob stayed strong.