ECT Who is not saved?

marhig

I agree with you that God is the judge, not us. I also read that we can know we are in Christ and if we are in Christ we are saved.
Yes saved from the this world of sin by the power of the Holy Spirit who is sanctifying us and and helping us to overcome sin. That's how we know that we are in Christ, because we are overcoming through Christ by his life within (which is his blood) and he is changing our hearts and cleansing us, justifying us before God by the power of the Spirit. And he should be helping us daily to fight the lusts of our flesh and overcome this world of sin.

Can't any of you see this is the truth?

marhig

And according to Peter we all will be judged.

Jesus may not agree with us when we think we are in Christ.

Please read Peter's word carefully.

thanks.
yes and we will all be judged according to what Paul says too and according to Jesus. So there's no excuse for anyone. If people don't believe that, then that's between them and God.

marhig

If we have loving heart like Jesus, we will strive to follow His commandments. Sincere Christians strive to follow Jesus' commandments and should not tell anyone it is not requirement for salvation.

Jesus says if you love Me, keep my commandments.

If we don't love Him, there is no salvation.
Yes, and Jesus also says that those not willing to take up their cross are not worthy of him.

Danoh

Christ Jesus says that those that enter into the kingdom of heaven are those who live by the will of the father. And I believe him.

Meanwhile, this side of Romans 3:21...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Rom. 5:6-8 towards you.

marhig

Meanwhile, this side of Romans 3:21...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Was Christ Jesus naturally crucified among the Galatians in Galacia?

Danoh

Was Christ Jesus naturally crucified among the Galatians in Galacia?

What part of "EVIDENTLY set forth" went right past you - I swear - you're like the many people who's inability at these simple things leads them to conclude our view is that God was being a racist "in Time Past" and will be again "in the Ages to Come" just because He rightly favors Israel above all the nation's of the Earth, during those times :chuckle:

You're kind are forever like that, in a sense.

The old "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear" is not yet ready to apply.

But you are where you are, until that day in which you are fully persuaded in your own mind otherwise...

It is what it is.

Till then, I'll reply to you here and there.

Just like the God of Scripture...until He at last gives one up, gives them over, and so on.

In your case, it may not come to that as I don't think you mean any harm.

Rather that we're simply not on the same level of understanding on some of these things.

Just as I am certain there are things in one area of life or another, you might leave me in the dust on.

marhig

What part of "EVIDENTLY set forth" went right past you - I swear - you're like the many people who's inability at these simple things leads them to conclude our view is that God was being a racist "in Time Past" and will be again "in the Ages to Come" just because He rightly favors Israel above all the nation's of the Earth, during those times :chuckle:

You're kind are forever like that, in a sense.

The old "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear" is not yet ready to apply.

But you are where you are, until that day in which you are fully persuaded in your own mind otherwise...

It is what it is.

Till then, I'll reply to you here and there.

Just like the God of Scripture...until He at last gives one up, gives them over, and so on.

In your case, it may not come to that as I don't think you mean any harm.

Rather that we're simply not on the same level of understanding on some of these things.

Just as I am certain there are things in one area of life or another, you might leave me in the dust on.

Nice speech about how great you are, and how unlearned I am, but that doesn't explain what Paul means?

So what do you believe that Paul means in those verses you have quoted about Christ Jesus being evidently set forth among the Galatians, crucified among them?

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yours is CONDITIONAL grace.

Rom. 5:6-8 is what you need to REST...IN.

Nope, it is totally biblical.

It harmonizes with "love the LORD your God with all your heart, soul and strength".

You need to reexamine your faith. There is something very wrong.

You skip too many of the most important verses as God's people.

beloved57

Who is not saved?

Please provide scripture to show why you conclude what you conclude

What comes after receiving the gift of salvation that those who are not saved or those who do not know that there is more after salvation are missing out on?

Those Christ did not die for are not saved and wont be saved, they remain lost in unbelief Jn 3:18,36

18 [FONT=&quot]He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Now why dont they ever believe ? Because they were not of Christ's Sheep which He died for Jn 10:26,15

[/FONT]
26 [FONT=&quot]But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
15 [FONT=&quot]As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

The Sheep He layed down His Life for will believe, or else they were not His Sheep as plainly stated !
[/FONT]

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Meshak Other, I presume.

In contrast to Meshak Light.

Nice sock hop you two have going there.

Danny and the Juniors say hello...

Well, you can swing it you can groove it
You can really start to move it at the hop
Where the jockey is the smoothest
And the music is the coolest at the hop

All the cats and chicks can get their kicks at the hop
Let's go!

Let's go to the hop
Let's go to the hop, (oh baby)
Let's go to the hop, (oh baby)
Let's go to the hop

:chuckle:

But Rom. 5:6-8 still awaits you, so hop to it, already.

there you go, going down to personal attacks when you cannot refute legibly.

Open your heart to Jesus' word, friend.

beloved57

oatmeal

What comes after receiving the gift of salvation that those who are not saved or those who do not know that there is more after salvation are missing out on?

Question doesnt make sense and cant be answered scripturally !

oatmeal

this is your quote:

"If you do not know if you are saved that is typical of many Christians"

Yes, that is. In my experience, well, very much past experience, as having been raise in the Roman Catholic system, no one knows if they are saved.

Their doctrine runs counter to I John 5:13

and they believe you cannot know until you have died unless you had some "mortal" sin hanging over your head which would you eternal life but for the opposite purpose, eternal life for the purpose of eternal torment.

How interesting that according to RC theology, if you sinned, (all men sin) you get eternal life so you can be tormented for all eternity

But you cannot know if you have eternal life to spend it with God until you die.

What devilish doctrines

oatmeal

Oatmeal,

I did not say I don't know. I said, we all of us, do not know until Jesus Judges.

Peter says God's house hold will be judged first.

Yes he does.

However since we have been justified, Romans 5:1 and have the righteousness of God, II Corinthians 5:21, we will be reproved and corrected where we have error.

Those who have not chosen to confess with the mouth the lord Jesus and believe with the heart that God raised him from the dead are not saved from their sins and death. Romans 10:9-10, Romans 6:23

The unsaved need salvation or their sins remain

Those who are saved but continue in their error are not pleasing God are not walking worthy of God's calling.

Those who are saved need to live that salvation so as to see the fruit of God's gift in their lives and reap the benefits of it including the fruit of the spirit which is the result of utilizing that gift.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, that is. In my experience, well, very much past experience, as having been raise in the Roman Catholic system, no one knows if they are saved.

You are right. I was surprised that many Catholics agree with me on this regard.

I also believe the JWs are the same.

what I meant was protestant, to be precise.

thanks.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes he does.

However since we have been justified, Romans 5:1 and have the righteousness of God, II Corinthians 5:21, we will be reproved and corrected where we have error.

Those who have not chosen to confess with the mouth the lord Jesus and believe with the heart that God raised him from the dead are not saved from their sins and death. Romans 10:9-10, Romans 6:23

The unsaved need salvation or their sins remain

Those who are saved but continue in their error are not pleasing God are not walking worthy of God's calling.

Those who are saved need to live that salvation so as to see the fruit of God's gift in their lives and reap the benefits of it including the fruit of the spirit which is the result of utilizing that gift.

Your reasoning is not contextual because it does not harmonize with Jesus' word.

oatmeal

Jesus' followers have a hope of salvation.

"For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life".

This is future tense.

Yes it is, for Jesus had not paid the price for that salvation yet.

At the moment of him speaking those words, He had not yet been crucified let alone raised from the dead, ascended and seated at the right hand of God.

However, his words, in John 3:16 were true at that time although it spoke of a future reality.

Genesis 3:15 is a foretelling of future events. God told these words to the serpent, the Devil. God's words are true, even though they are not completely fulfilled yet. The seed of the woman has come and the seed's heel was bruised, but the serpent's head is not yet bruised, he is still alive. The death of our adversary is yet to come. He will be bound for a while but he will die, for the wages of sin is death. Romans 6:23

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes it is, for Jesus had not paid the price for that salvation yet.

At the moment of him speaking those words, He had not yet been crucified let alone raised from the dead, ascended and seated at the right hand of God.

However, his words, in John 3:16 were true at that time although it spoke of a future reality.

Genesis 3:15 is a foretelling of future events. God told these words to the serpent, the Devil. God's words are true, even though they are not completely fulfilled yet. The seed of the woman has come and the seed's heel was bruised, but the serpent's head is not yet bruised, he is still alive. The death of our adversary is yet to come. He will be bound for a while but he will die, for the wages of sin is death. Romans 6:23

I totally disagree with your reasoning.

I believe Marhig can explain how you are wrong.

She is much more patient than I, explaining people's misconceptions.

oatmeal

Those not living by the will of God

John 3

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Marhig,

Please give an accurate reference to your "quote"

Can a person love their neighbor but not love God?

Can a person not commit adultery but steal?

Are you suggesting that unless a person is living by all the will of God and perfectly, they are not saved?

I don't think you are,

In this age of grace, Romans 10:9-10 tells us the actions we need to take to receive salvation.

Once we have done those two things we have been saved.

And that is wonderful, but there is more to learn and do in order to reap the immediate and long term benefits of living according to that salvation. Ie, keep Jesus as lord and continuing to believe in the God that raised with from the dead.

oatmeal

And we don't know if we are being obedient to the word by Jesus' standards.

It seems most of are deceiving ourselves, believing to be obedient.

Jesus' standards are super high.

I know if I am being obedient for the most part for I have read what God expects of us as sons of God. God revealed what God expects of us as Christians in Paul's epistles.

Jesus' words are for those in the gospel period. His words are wise but not directly or fully applicable to us in this age of grace. To deny Paul's epistles is to deny that Jesus Christ's life and death and resurrection. If he accomplished nothing, then all he is and all he did is for naught

We can do the same works as Jesus Christ's and greater.

Believe his words, in John 14:12