Who are they who are condemned already ?

Nanja

Yes its only given to believe on Christ for them whose sins He bare , the Sheep ! He laid down His Life for the Sheep ! Jn 10:11,15 !

Absolutely, and because the Sheep sins were imputed to Christ in their stead,
they were never under condemnation at any time, but were reconciled to God
even while being an an enemy and unbeliever, in an unregenerate state.

Rom. 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son,
much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

~~~~~

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
False teaching, many people are already condemned John 3:18 !
Those who are condemned are the ones who are outside the circle of God as Jesus preached. The destitute, the homeless, the stranger, the immigrant, the diseased and the sinful have a spiritual emptiness because their pain is that they are hidden from God.

They lurk around the edges, watching the celebrated table fellowship eating together and sharing good drink. They have not yet realized that all they have to do is "knock and the door shall be opened."

Of course we all have free will and the rest of enacting the Kingdom of God ON EARTH is up to us.

And finally, I really, really, really don’t understand why Jesus’s words I quoted are seen as a “false teaching.”

Jesus also said in Matthew 5:45 that ”...the Father makes his sun to shine on both the good and the evil and lets his rain fall on the just and the unjust alike.”

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ones who do not believe the gospel.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4King James Version (KJV)

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The reason why those believe not in Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The reasons are Twofold, #1 because they are not of Christ's Sheep Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you

#2, being not of His Sheep, which means their condemnation was not charged to Him, but remained on them, therefore they believe not because they are already Judged condemned, and their constant unbelief reflects that, or evidences that Judgment against them, unbelief is that Judgment, one cant believe on Christ as Saviour if He did not die for them, and He died for the Sheep Jn 10:11,15 !

You see condemnation is being under the sentence of the Law of sin and death Rom 8:1-2

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

In other words, when the Death of Christ has not freed us from the Law of sin and death, we are condemned !

If Christ died for us, we are free from the Law by the Body of Christ Rom 7:4

4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ=His Death; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

And one must have been already in Christ legally before He could have died for them, and there is no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, so how can any of the already condemned Jn 3:18 be Sheep for whom Christ died ?

In order for one to be of those who are already condemned, the Law must have already arraigned them and indicted them and pronounces them Guilty before God, which also they remain under His Wrath, Curse and Condemnation Jn 3:36 !
I always bracket John’s gospel because it is largely theological, not historical.

John’s Jesus does not “walk the talk” of the Jesus revealed in the other three accounts. He is markedly different and represents an overlay on early Christian dogma and theology on the historical figure glimpsed in Mark, Matthew and Luke.

John is less concerned with Jesus. He is interested in divining the meaning of Jesus’s life and deeds. The gospel is not written as an objective reporter but is more like an opinion piece from a serious follower of the Galilean.

Nanja

Ones who do not believe the gospel.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4King James Version (KJV)

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4522441#1819

~~~~~

beloved57

Absolutely, and because the Sheep sins were imputed to Christ in their stead,
they were never under condemnation at any time, but were reconciled to God
even while being an an enemy and unbeliever, in an unregenerate state.

Rom. 5:10
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son,
much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

~~~~~

Amen!

beloved57

I always bracket John’s gospel because it is largely theological, not historical.

John’s Jesus does not “walk the talk” of the Jesus revealed in the other three accounts. He is markedly different and represents an overlay on early Christian dogma and theology on the historical figure glimpsed in Mark, Matthew and Luke.

John is less concerned with Jesus. He is interested in divining the meaning of Jesus’s life and deeds. The gospel is not written as an objective reporter but is more like an opinion piece from a serious follower of the Galilean.

Did you read and understand the points I made with scripture in that post?

beloved57

Those for whom Christ died, are released from, or not subject to, condemnation. The apostle Paul puts this question, "Who is he that condemneth? it is Christ that died," Rom8:34

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

And they have been ordained to eternal life and so will believe Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Jn 5:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.