White Lives Matter

ClimateSanity

Go back to when Obama first ran for office - the exact same deplorables came out of the woodwork from all over North America upset over "a black man."

The "n" word was everywhere...24/7/365

Over the man's skin color and name - not over his inexperience........ Danoh.

This is news to me. I never ran across it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

musterion

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ok doser

he's similar to purex in that regard - he manufactures his own reality and believes it wholly

He needs his own show and cartoon character along the lines of Mr Magoo, only he lives in a fantasy world.

Danoh Mitty.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
This is a famous classroom experiment, in which kids were relegated to higher or lower status, based on their eye color. Of significance is what the kids say about how they felt, such as feeling like something wasn't worth trying, because of the weight of their (temporary) lower social standing. It's 12 minutes, well worth the time:

The compositions
that the children wrote about the experience were printed in the Riceville Recorder on page 4 on April 18, 1968, under the headline "How Discrimination Feels", and the story was picked up by the Associated Press. Because of the Associated Press article, Elliott was invited to appear on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson. After she spoke about her exercise in a short interview segment, the audience reaction was instant as hundreds of calls came into the show's telephone switchboard, much of it negative.

An often-quoted letter stated, "How dare you try this cruel experiment out on white children? Black children grow up accustomed to such behavior, but white children, there's no way they could possibly understand it. It's cruel to white children and will cause them great psychological damage."
Classic manipulative brainwashing on children that believe almost anything an authoritative adult tells them.
That teacher was leading them with a very suggestive tone

I have never in my life felt inferior or superior to anyone.
But I certainly realized that some were better at some things than I was, and that I was better at some things than they were.
I never felt inferior of those that had more than me and had opportunities or strengths I didn't.
My parents raised me to live a good life and hold my head up high.

I can honestly say that there is probably no one else in the world that thinks more of me than I do.
I like myself and always have.
So that little stunt in that classroom would have never worked on me.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Classic manipulative brainwashing on children that believe almost anything an authoritative adult tells them.
That's what social pressure manages and whole societies respond like those children.

I have never in my life felt inferior or superior to anyone.
While I'd bet most people have felt both of those at some point in their lives, you're actually relating what the average white person is probably comfortable believing. It's not the message that has gone out into the minority communities for generations, but it's the inheritance of the average white kid. The impact of that is profound.

So that little stunt in that classroom would have never worked on me.
A version of it already has.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
That's what social pressure manages and whole societies respond like those children.
It's propaganda, and only people that have never been encouraged to think for themselves and end up with low self-esteem and rely on others to tell them how they should feel would ever fall for.
It's over-inflated peer pressure.
Raise your children to think for themselves, to be realistic that they will excel in some things and suck at other things, and not to look for excuses to blame another for their shortcomings, and to not be offended by every little nit-picking thing that others think or say.
And for pete's sake, tell them that everyone does NOT deserve a trophy.
You shouldn't get a trophy for something you suck at.

Arthur Brain

That ordinance went bye-bye.
It's gone.
Been gone for many many years.
So what's the problem now?

It shouldn't have been in place to begin with. Do you agree or disagree with that? There's no denying that black people were treat as second class citizens in all manner of societal aspects and not so far back that it can be forgotten - even if cranks like CS would prefer such abject injustice and degrading treatment were swept under the 'historical carpet' etc because it would somehow solve his perceptions of the "black community".

Get this straight Tam. There's no denying that there's many a crank amid people no matter what their skin colour or creed is but if you willingly downplay just how black people were treat as inferior human beings by whites then you're either fundamentally dishonest or living in la la land.

Arthur Brain

I guess AB feels oppressed by the MAN. In other words, "Authority." He's a poor Lib who carries a grudge along with his sign.

What are you even talking about? What 'MAN'? What 'Authority'? I've no problems with the latter unless there's an abuse of it so either make an actual point or just carry on blowing into the wind. All you seem to do is make snide little soundbites these days that don't have any sort of substance to them.

Else you actually act like an honest Christian man and explain just what you specifically meant by this and let's take it from there.