ECT Which Gospel?

john w

Hall of Fame
Apparently the MEV has confused you into thinking they were preaching two different gospels.

Maybe the following version will help your confusion:

(Gal 2:7 NIV) On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised.

One gospel, two very different audiences.

Translated:If a particular version/translation does not agree with my satanic Preterist/AD 70-ism "doctrine," then I, Craigie Tettie, will either correct a slew of fake bibles, with other fake bibles, or rummage though my stack of fake bibles, find one(s) that does/do, to support/validate my "doctrine," as my satanic "doctrine" determines what the bible should say. Thus I, satanic Craigie, can "prove" any "doctrine" that I desire.

john w

Hall of Fame
Same gospel.

It took years to develop.

Do you think Peter preached the same things in 31AD as he did in 51AD?

Do you think Paul preached the same things in 31AD as he did in 51AD?

Catch that, folks? The gospel "took years to develop!"

You made that up, Craigie. Was this good news/gospel, that "developed," the gospel that your saint Judas preached in Luke 9:6 KJV?

Well, Craigie?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I'm not following you.

Are you claiming the last week of the 70 weeks, lasts 70 years, and not 7 years?

Looks like.

Are you also claiming that week somehow ties into the 70 years the Jews spent captive in Babylon?

No.

Those 70 years were a prophecy of the 70 years from the birth of Messiah to the pouring out on the desolate at 70 AD.

It was in the middle of those 70 years that the oblation was cutoff.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Looks like.

No.

Those 70 years were a prophecy of the 70 years from the birth of Messiah to the pouring out on the desolate at 70 AD.

It was in the middle of those 70 years that the oblation was cutoff.

There's always the possibility that seventy sevens is not literal.

For example:

(Matt 18:22) Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Was Peter supposed to forgive people exactly 490 times, or is "seventy times seven" symbolic for something?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
There's always the possibility that seventy sevens is not literal.

For example:

(Matt 18:22) Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Was Peter supposed to forgive people exactly 490 times, or is "seventy times seven" symbolic for something?

More'n likely symbolic bro.

Hey I'm gettin' lazy, but wudn't that 490 times in one day?

:)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
More'n likely symbolic bro.

Hey I'm gettin' lazy, but wudn't that 490 times in one day?

:)

So there's the possibility that seventy sevens in Dan 9 could be symbolic also?

(Lev 25:8) And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years.

The Matthew 1 genealogy has three sets of fourteen, or six sevens. The Messiah brought in the year of Jubilee.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
So there's the possibility that seventy sevens in Dan 9 could be symbolic also?

Shore.

(Lev 25:8) And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years.

The Matthew 1 genealogy has three sets of fourteen, or six sevens. The Messiah brought in the year of Jubilee.

I dont know why not. :) :cool:

Gotta add this after thinkin' on it.

Acceptable year of the Lord?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hey Tet.

The more I think about that 70th week, the more yer idea of 3.5 years from Christ's anointing at his baptism to the crucifixion, .5 years of Paul vexing the church,then 3 years of Paul being with Christ in Arabia,
does fit nicely with Christ confirming the covenant with many for one week as well as him being cutoff in the middle of it.

The only thing that was throwing me was thinking that the end of the 62 weeks had to be at Christ's birth.

But if it was at his anointing becoming the spiritual Son of God then it's all good.

So then the many he confirmed with were the Apostles, the 120 in the upper room, and those such as believed until the last one which was Paul.

So, right on bro :), sorry tuh taze yuh like that.:shocked:

Danoh

Hey Tet.

The more I think about that 70th week, the more yer idea of 3.5 years from Christ's anointing at his baptism to the crucifixion, .5 years of Paul vexing the church,then 3 years of Paul being with Christ in Arabia,
does fit nicely with Christ confirming the covenant with many for one week as well as him being cutoff in the middle of it.

The only thing that was throwing me was thinking that the end of the 62 weeks had to be at Christ's birth.

But if it was at his anointing becoming the spiritual Son of God then it's all good.

So then the many he confirmed with were the Apostles, the 120 in the upper room, and those such as believed until the last one which was Paul.

So, right on bro :), sorry to taze yuh like that.:shocked:

Problem is, among others; the one year extension related in Luke 13:

5. I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
6. He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
7. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
8. And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
9. And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.
10. And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath.

Now, lest Tel, come along and distort that as he always does, please allow Matthew 13 to guide you as the literal the parables are meant to teach.

For, believe me, Tel and his kind will distort the above parable.

Matthew 13:

10. And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11. He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A certain man had a fig tree

(Matt 24:32-34) “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Once again, you refute yourself.

Danoh

(Matt 24:32-34) “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Once again, you refute yourself.

Not at all, for we not only disagree on the interpretation of that passage, but on the interpretation of the Luke 13 parable.

You, like that fool, Jerry, rely on "the Greek," as to one, at most two passages, together with "what Dr. so and so has said," and "the better translation of this," that, the other.

Try Exodus thru Malachi... and Hebrews thru Revelation, not a cherry picked passage here and there, O follower of Josephus had he written a kids book about the Bible [for what little he appears to have cared about it, let alone relied on it much as he focus had been on current events, after their fact - history - not Bible].

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not at all, for we not only disagree on the interpretation of that passage, but on the interpretation of the Luke 13 parable.

Jesus ministered for 3 years.

Then in the middle of the next year He was cut off.

That lines up perfectly with the Luke 13 parable.

Shasta

remission of sins!

To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

There is NO mention of the gospel of Christ in Acts 10 to Corne and his house!

Study!

The word "remission" in the original language is "aphesis" which is the same as forgiveness" Jesus uses the word in Matthew 26:28 "...this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins" Look up the Greek word and its meaning here: http://biblehub.com/text/matthew/26-28.htm

Scroll down and you will see that the same word is used in the Text Receptus which was the Greek text that was used to produce the King James Version. Here is the definition in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.

859. aphesis ►
Strong's Concordance
aphesis: dismissal, release, fig. pardon
Original Word: ἄφεσις, εως, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: aphesis
Phonetic Spelling: (af'-es-is)
Short Definition: deliverance, pardon, complete forgiveness
Definition: a sending away, a letting go, a release, pardon, complete forgiveness.

Before you rebuke others for not taking the time to study you should devote a little yourself. It only took a few minutes for me to look this up.