ECT Where is the Evidence Which Supports the Idea of Only One Gospel?

john w

Hall of Fame
But nihilo, what matters is the declarations from the launch to the Confession/Transfiguration. There is plenty. jerry is very ignorant and doctrinaire.

I did not know that Jerry was a doctor. How can a doctor be ignorant? Obtuse, maybe...But ignorant? You're a mite curious("The" Southern English).

john w

Hall of Fame
This is getting out of hand.
1, he's the Lamb of God, bringing forgiveness and all its blessings (nativity accounts).

2, in his first reading of scripture in Luke he is here to preach the Gospel to the poor. It has to do with forgiveness, not money (!), and his first miracle with the intention of proving it was about his authority to forgive. Now that has a time-lapse built into it. He is doing it because he will be the sacrifice.

3, the best other declaration of his purpose is the 'sign of Jonah' which in Matt sits half way from the Sermon on the MOunt to the Confession. Unless of course you think he would die for some other reason.

4, he tells them flat out, at the Confession scene, but Peter blows up. I say he blows up on behalf of most of them, because it was definitely not their plan. They are so stuck in zealotism that they can't see, and are scared. It is also divinely hidden. God does not want them to understand at that point until afterward. Most likely because of what Peter did--trying to do something to prevent it.

4A, you can't deny unless you already know. they were suppressing, not coldly ignorant. Not innocently ignorant. I think this is the most interesting of developments in their characters because he deliberately chose to live in Galilee and work with them. That's were most zealots located, because they were not wanted in Jerusalem. In Jerusalem the upper classes wanted to belong to Rome. To get along. To just pay the taxes and enjoy the ability to worship. That very practice was considered corrupt by zealots.

5, in the Resurrection, the 40 days, and Pentecost, they realize what they were blocking.

There is no other Gospel, but there are varying degrees of denial of it, and obviously Peter was the most vocal and his outburst at the Confession was illuminating to all.

Show us the 12, including Judas, preaching the DBR, prior to its prophetic fulfillment/ocurrence, as a basis of forgiveness.

TOL will wait....for an eternity.

Side bar, LORD God....

Right Divider

Body part
I guess the "multitude" didn't know that.
Matt. 21:4-9
All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ***, and a colt the foal of an ***. And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them, And brought the ***, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon. And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way. And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest.​
Your Bible got censored. :french:

SaulToPaul 2

Show us the 12, including Judas, preaching the DBR, prior to its prophetic fulfillment/ocurrence, as a basis of forgiveness.

TOL will wait....for an eternity.

Side bar, LORD God....

Well, you see, um....the thing is that, um....what you don't realize is, um.

Interplanner

As soon as somebody posts the 12 preaching 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 prior to Paul in the four gospels, then I will say one gospel.

He announced his mission in the synagogue in Lk 6 and there was one Gospel. The 70 were sent out to preach. When they came back they were excited about an exorcism, but he said 'Don't rejoice in that, but that your names are written in heaven'. That's the one Gospel.

But clearly something happened that pulled them away from it so that by the time of the Confession, Peter blew up at Christ about suffering. Christ? yes. Suffering, no way. We know that many of them had a zealot background, which had other Christs, but I have to think that there was a mix of doing miracles here that distracted them as well. They rather liked the fame of that, enough to neglect the suffering messiah. And of course a suffering christ would mean that he had failed as a zealot messiah, and a cross meant he would have got caught by Romans, etc.

SaulToPaul 2

He announced his mission in the synagogue in Lk 6 and there was one Gospel. The 70 were sent out to preach. When they came back they were excited about an exorcism, but he said 'Don't rejoice in that, but that your names are written in heaven'. That's the one Gospel.

But clearly something happened that pulled them away from it so that by the time of the Confession, Peter blew up at Christ about suffering. Christ? yes. Suffering, no way. We know that many of them had a zealot background, which had other Christs, but I have to think that there was a mix of doing miracles here that distracted them as well. They rather liked the fame of that, enough to neglect the suffering messiah. And of course a suffering christ would mean that he had failed as a zealot messiah, and a cross meant he would have got caught by Romans, etc.

Made up.

john w

Hall of Fame

Made up:

1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV "gospel"

Death
Burial
Resurrection

Survey the book...

The 12 did not know of the impending dbr-it was hid from them, until later in the Lord's ministry-and yet, prior to them knowing, they were preaching "the gospel of the kingdom:"

"For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day. But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him." Mark 9:31-32 KJV

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34 KJV

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

Interloper: Well, you see, let me speculate, opinionate, check my stack of commentaries, assert humanism, you see, well, uh, urr....What's this Luke 9:6 KJV reference to a good news/gospel that Judas preached......., as Dr. Google has no answers to it, you see, well, urr..........?

SaulToPaul 2

Made up:

1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV "gospel"

Death
Burial
Resurrection

Survey the book...

The 12 did not know of the impending dbr-it was hid from them, until later in the Lord's ministry-and yet, prior to them knowing, they were preaching "the gospel of the kingdom:"

"For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day. But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him." Mark 9:31-32 KJV

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34 KJV

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

Interloper: Well, you see, let me speculate, opinionate, check my stack of commentaries, assert humanism, you see, well, uh, urr....What's this Luke 9:6 KJV reference to a good news/gospel that Judas preached......., as Dr. Google has no answers to it, you see, well, urr..........?

Dr. Phil, the Interloper, says that the Twelve were in denial.

andyc

Where does the bible say that there is more than one gospel?
When the bible talks about one specific gospel, it gives us a clue that there is only one.

andyc

He just did not buy a copy of the bible with only the Pauline epistles.
29y40t1.jpg