When God saves a sinner, does that sinner become sinlessly perfect?

marke

Every sort of sin separates men from God.
Thanks be to God that Jesus provided the means of redemption and reconciliation.
Every sort of sin shows one has not repented of sin, cast off the flesh, and been reborn to walk in the Spirit.
Every sort of sin shows one is still a child of the devil. (1 John 3:10)
All the devil's children will suffer the same fate.
I don't think you know which sin results in a sinner's condemnation to hell.

Hoping

Banned
I don't think you know which sin results in a sinner's condemnation to hell.
They all do.
It is written..."whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him." (1 John 3:6)
" "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." (Eze 18:4)

marke

They all do.
It is written..."whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him." (1 John 3:6)
" "Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die." (Eze 18:4)
If a kid steals his sister's candy bar that is a sin. You are saying that sin is worthy of burning in the lake of fire forever? I don't agree. There is one sin worthy of eternal death, and only one.

Right Divider

Body part
Can the words "to the end", without further stipulations, have more than one meaning than "the end"?
If there is no specifier, the context must dictate.
Then you must agree with me, as the words unto the end "of the week" or " of the month" were not added either.
Irrelevant.

The context of the only two times this phrase is used is the time of Jacob's trouble, i.e., the tribulation/great tribulation

Jacob = Israel.

Hoping

Banned
If a kid steals his sister's candy bar that is a sin. You are saying that sin is worthy of burning in the lake of fire forever? I don't agree. There is one sin worthy of eternal death, and only one.
Anything manifesting you are a child of the devil warrants a second death.

Hoping

Banned
If there is no specifier, the context must dictate.

Irrelevant.

The context of the only two times this phrase is used is the time of Jacob's trouble, i.e., the tribulation/great tribulation

Jacob = Israel.
How much time do you suppose will be between the end of "Jacob's trouble" and the end of the world?
I don't suspect any.

marke

Anything manifesting you are a child of the devil warrants a second death.
Are you saying that when children sin they manifest themselves as children of the devil? If a child sins and then dies in his sins before being exposed to salvation does that child deserve to go to hell because he is of the devil?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Haven't read the whole thread but ...

I am perfect in Christ

I am perfected by His sacrifice

Though the old man whose body I wear exists in a world of corruption and evil, the armor I wear from Christ remains untarnished.

Hoping

Banned
Are you saying that when children sin they manifest themselves as children of the devil? If a child sins and then dies in his sins before being exposed to salvation does that child deserve to go to hell because he is of the devil?
Keep in mind there is an age of reason, so who do you figure is still a child?
If someone under the age of reason commits what we deem a sin, he isn't held libel.
All other sinners are worthy of a second death.

Hoping

Banned
About a thousand years.

It literally says so in Revelation.
As we will be raised to meet the Lord in the air at His return on the last day, either from the dead or as a changed individual, (John 11:24), who is going to last after the last day of the world?

Hoping

Banned
Haven't read the whole thread but ...

I am perfect in Christ

I am perfected by His sacrifice

Though the old man whose body I wear exists in a world of corruption and evil, the armor I wear from Christ remains untarnished.
Amen to that.
Isn't it nice to know we can remain "in Christ" all the time?

marke

Keep in mind there is an age of reason, so who do you figure is still a child?
If someone under the age of reason commits what we deem a sin, he isn't held libel.
All other sinners are worthy of a second death.
You say someone under the age of reason cannot be held responsible for his sins. Is this what someone taught you or is this something you have found taught in the Bible? Might it be more correct to say that someone who has not yet been enlightened by the Holy Spirit will not be held accountable for his sins?

John 15
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

Hoping

Banned
You say someone under the age of reason cannot be held responsible for his sins. Is this what someone taught you or is this something you have found taught in the Bible? Might it be more correct to say that someone who has not yet been enlightened by the Holy Spirit will not be held accountable for his sins?

John 15
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
In a sense, yes.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How much time do you suppose will be between the end of "Jacob's trouble" and the end of the world?
I don't suspect any.

About a thousand years.

It literally says so in Revelation.

As we will be raised to meet the Lord in the air at His return on the last day,

Last day of what?

You're missing one crucial detail:

Paul is talking about the rapture when he says we will meet the Lord in the air at His return.

That comes BEFORE the Time of Jacob's Trouble, the Great Tribulation...

Which is seven years long, at a maximum, and then you have the millennial kingdom, a thousand year reign by Christ...

either from the dead or as a changed individual, (John 11:24),

John 11:24 isn't talking about the rapture. It's talking about the Great White Throne Judgement.

who is going to last after the last day of the world?

Your premise was wrong, thus your question is moot.

Hoping

Banned
Addressed in my previous post. This is why you don't ignore what people say in their posts.
It is written..."Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless." (2 Peter 3:12-14)

After the last day, the day of the Lord, there will be a new earth.