What tribe am I from?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

My name is Jacob Martin Mertens. What tribe am I from? Or, to what tribe do I belong?

My parents have told me that they are not Jewish. Though this may change if it has not already, what I know is that I am a Jew, Jewish, of Israel, a proselyte and a convert. I practice Judaism, in the United States of America, where I was born and where I am a citizen. I read, study, and observe Torah.

Someone recently asked me what tribe (I belong to or am from), and I had to admit that I do not know. I also do not know if this (how I do not know) is because I am a proselyte and a convert.

I may have some "Jewish blood" in me, from generations past, but I do not know who to talk to to sort this out. I also believe that what a person believes and practices is what matters.

I believe Yeshua to be the Messiah, the long awaited, expected, and promised Messiah. The early church was entirely Jewish. The new covenant was for the house of Israel and the house of Judah, and it is in Messiah Yeshua, God's law written on minds and hearts.

I used to be a Gentile and a Christian. Now I am not a Gentile and I do not currently call myself a Christian. I do not know if I ever will again.

I would like to be a Rabbi, a priest or a Levitical priest, or the President of the United States of America.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you pay money to Ancestry.com you can search your bloodline - I think you're from the tribe of Benjamin
Shalom.

Interesting.

I wrote a one hundred page book on my family history, that includes a genealogy.

Why do you say the tribe of Benjamin?

Shalom.

Jacob

beameup

There is a genetic test that is required for immigrants to Israel.
Post 70 A.D. "Judaism" is not pure Mosaic Judaism, as there is no Temple.
At the present it is not possible to practice Judaism as given by God.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
If you pay money to Ancestry.com you can search your bloodline - I think you're from the tribe of Benjamin

You mean the pseudo tribe of Benjamin don't you? Benjamin was destroyed by his brother tribes. See Judges 20: 48.

I believe that Jacob is from the tribe of Dan, which tribe is not counted among the 144,000 chosen ones, 12,000 from each of 12 of the 13 tribes of Israel. See Revelation 7: 5-8.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You mean the pseudo tribe of Benjamin don't you? Benjamin was destroyed by his brother tribes. See Judges 20: 48.

I believe that Jacob is from the tribe of Dan, which tribe is not counted among the 144,000 chosen ones, 12,000 from each of 12 of the 13 tribes of Israel. See Revelation 7: 5-8.
I think Jacob is from the Chinese tribe - Hoo Sprang

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

My name is Jacob Martin Mertens. What tribe am I from? Or, to what tribe do I belong?

My parents have told me that they are not Jewish. Though this may change if it has not already, what I know is that I am a Jew, Jewish, of Israel, a proselyte and a convert. I practice Judaism, in the United States of America, where I was born and where I am a citizen. I read, study, and observe Torah.

Someone recently asked me what tribe (I belong to or am from), and I had to admit that I do not know. I also do not know if this (how I do not know) is because I am a proselyte and a convert.

I may have some "Jewish blood" in me, from generations past, but I do not know who to talk to to sort this out. I also believe that what a person believes and practices is what matters.

I believe Yeshua to be the Messiah, the long awaited, expected, and promised Messiah. The early church was entirely Jewish. The new covenant was for the house of Israel and the house of Judah, and it is in Messiah Yeshua, God's law written on minds and hearts.

I used to be a Gentile and a Christian. Now I am not a Gentile and I do not currently call myself a Christian. I do not know if I ever will again.

I would like to be a Rabbi, a priest or a Levitical priest, or the President of the United States of America.

Shalom.

Jacob

Satan Tribe

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Shalom.

Shalom.

Jacob

http://discoveringthejewishjesus.com/

Truster

The son of he who stands before God night and day bringing accusations against his brethren, strikes again.

My new irony meter just left the gravitational pull of the earth.

You follow me around making sad statements and you accuse me... yeah, dream on.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
My new irony meter just left the gravitational pull of the earth.

You follow me around making sad statements and you accuse me... yeah, dream on.

I don't accuse you. Your accuser is within you, who has convinced you that you have the right to judge all mankind.

But as you have judged others, you, yourself have already been judged and found guilty of the sins of your father.

Last edited:

Truster

I don't accuse you. Your accuser is within you, who has convinced you that you have the right to judge all mankind.

But as you have judges others, you, yourself have already been judged and found guilty of the sins of your father.

Nice try, but you need discerning of spirits and a knowledge of scripture. You have neither:

"But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man".

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Nice try, but you need discerning of spirits and a knowledge of scripture. You have neither:

"But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man".

Says he who would defend the untruths of Stephen and attempt to prove Gods word to be in error.

Truster

Says he who would defend the untruths of Stephen and attempt to prove Gods word to be in error.

I will defend the scriptures as originally given, but I know for a certain fact that the translators are not infallible and so neither are the translations. What you read is not necessarily what was written and what you think it means is not what it was meant to convey.

S-word

BANNED
Banned
I will defend the scriptures as originally given, but I know for a certain fact that the translators are not infallible and so neither are the translations. What you read is not necessarily what was written and what you think it means is not what it was meant to convey.

So what you are saying is that God's written word cannot be trusted, and we must all rely on You to reveal the truth to us all. HA Haaa Haaa.

What was written concerning Stephens statements, was recorded by Luke a close friend and companion to Saul/Paul who was an eye witness to the trial of Stephen the GREEK, and who relayed to the author of the book of Acts, exactly what Stephen had said.

Truster wrote.........Nice try, but you need discerning of spirits and a knowledge of scripture. You have neither:

Well I know for a fact, the origin of the tribe of Dan. but I will let you who claim to have the discerning of spirits and a knowledge of scripture, to reveal to us all, your great knowledge of the scriptures, and tell us why the tribe of Dan is not counted among the 144,000 Chosen ones?

Now let us all watch as you attempt to Crawl away from that one as you do with all questions that you are incapable of answering.