ECT What makes Preterism so impossible

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(1 Cor 3:16-17) Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

Despite the above passage, Darby followers claim there is going to be a third temple built out of stones.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Another tidbit from the Babylonian Talmud:

"Dan. IX, 24. This prophecy was uttered at the beginning of the seventy years captivity in Babylon. From the restoration to the second destruction is said to have been 420 years, making in all 490. i.e., seventy weeks of years." - Folio 32a

Danoh

There is nothing Josephus wrote that modern Jews today disagree with. Many of the events Josephus wrote about are found in the Talmud.

There is a TOL member with the user name "Ben Masada" who lives in Israel. He believes what Josephus wrote, unlike the Liberal Harvard professor that you believe.

You should try reading Jewish websites, they don't deny that every stone was left not standing upon another.

Then there are these fascinating articles from the two Talmud's:

Jerusalem Talmud:

“Forty years before the destruction of the Temple, the western light went out, the crimson thread remained crimson, and the lot for the Lord always came up in the left hand. They would close the gates of the Temple by night and get up in the morning and find them wide open” (Jacob Neusner, The Yerushalmi, p.156-157).

Babylonian Talmud:

“Our rabbis taught: During the last forty years before the destruction of the Temple the lot ‘For the Lord’ did not come up in the right hand; nor did the crimson-colored strap become white; nor did the western most light shine; and the doors of the Hekel [Temple] would open by themselves” (Soncino version, Yoma 39b).

Just a really big coincidence huh Danoh?

What - the mythology of the Talmud you have proven once more?

And Ben Masada - good one, Tel.

Again, contribute something of worth - not these myths you have bought into.

Danoh

Another tidbit from the Babylonian Talmud:

"Dan. IX, 24. This prophecy was uttered at the beginning of the seventy years captivity in Babylon. From the restoration to the second destruction is said to have been 420 years, making in all 490. i.e., seventy weeks of years." - Folio 32a

There is your answer, JohnW - Tel's forty wise men :chuckle:

john w

Hall of Fame
'Plus, I can show a bunch more of men that taught Preterism before Russell was even born."-no chin Craigie

Show us, punk, as I've been asking you for years.

Are/were they infallible, sweetie?

Not a peep.

Craigie the wimp suffers another death knell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!j

And get out of your hole/house, weasel/rat, and get a job, to support your "family."

Am I clear, Craigie? Wimps like you like/dig to be shown authority. Right, Craigie Bernstein?

Danoh

(1 Cor 3:16-17) Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

Despite the above passage, Darby followers claim there is going to be a third temple built out of stones.

Of course, you are sure that all supposed Darby followers (at least as defined by your incompetent mind) understand some future temple; made out of stones; together with what that may or may not actually mean; is coming.

Where do you get that again, let alone; actually understand it from?

I imagine you get that from Mid-Acts Dispys - who do NOT EVEN HOLD TO 1948 as having been "a fulfilment of prophecy."

I mean, talk about your stupidity right out the gate.

Then again, I forget - you have some other agenda up your sleeve.

Exploration and comparison of understandings is not what you are after.

It never was.

Hilston proved this some five years ago.

Thus, the only thing one such as you might actually contribute of any worth, will have to be by accident.

Wick Stick

'Plus, I can show a bunch more of men that taught Preterism before Russell was even born."-no chin Craigie

Not a peep.

And get out of your hole/house, weasel/rat, and get a job, to support your "family."

Am I clear, Craigie? Wimps like you like/dig to be shown authority. Right, Craigie Bernstein?
At first I thought you just really hated Tet, but I'm beginning to think that you're hitting on him? Am I reading this wrong?

john w

Hall of Fame
Of course, you are sure that all supposed Darby followers (at least as defined by your incompetent mind) understand some future temple; made out of stones; together with what that may or may not actually mean; is coming.

I imagine you get that from Mid-Acts Dispys - who do NOT EVEN HOLD TO 1948 as having been "a fulfilment of prophecy."

It never was.

Thus, the only thing one such as you might actually contribute of any worth, will have to be by accident.

Yes, Hilston embarrassed him, sent him reeling, and he left/bolted from that debate, bloodied, crying, and wining, as most of TOL laughed at him then, as we do now. This punk has some serious problems. He needs to check in to a psycho crib, and/or get a job. The wimp is like a little rat/weasel, in his home, spending 1/2 of his waking day on TOL, satisfying his obsession, trying to get even with those meanie dispies, that offended him, and his fragile feelings, as his spine has deteriorated, and now thinks everyone is out to get him, as he plots how can show us bully dispies a thin, or two.

john w

Hall of Fame
At first I thought you just really hated Tet, but I'm beginning to think that you're hitting on him? Am I reading this wrong?

No, he sent me a PM, hitting on me, loser, and tried to set me up with his wife. He also tried to be my FB friend, and downloaded my pics. He has a a man crush on me, as you obviously do. I'm not interested in you, as I told him. I dig chicks.

Are you his "domestic partner?"

Sodomy is a sin, according to the book. You should flee it.

And just who are you again?

john w

Hall of Fame

No, he sent me a PM, hitting on me, loser, and tried to set me up with his wife. He also tried to be my FB friend, and downloaded my pics. He hasa a man crush on me, as you obviously do.

Are you his "domestic partner?"

Oh, no..Wait...you are after TOL member Jacob-you kinda dig him, WickedStickboy.

Sodomy is a sin, according to the book. You should flee it.

And just who are you again?

Oh, yes:

Your "page:"

This page has had 26 visits

Have a seat-you are quite irrelevant. And change that soddy username of yours.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yep, that's what Dispensationalism teaches.

Dispies claim the temple found in Ezekiel is a yet future temple. They claim it is the one that will be built next.

It's taught by all the Dispensationalists.

You can't have it both ways Danoh. You can't claim not every stone was left not standing upon another in 70AD, then claim there isn't going to be a third temple.

The problem with you is you keep taking a side, but then can't defend the consequences with the side you take.

That's because Dispensationalism cannot stand the test of scripture.

I have shown many quotes from MADists on TOL who claim 1948 was part of prophecy.

The only stupidity around here are those who have chosen to be followers of John Nelson Darby, such as yourself.

I have no problem showing what a false belief system Dispensationalism is.

Already done that. I know all the "understandings" of the Darby follower, and can prove them wrong.

It never was.

I also have no interest in the "understandings" of a Mormon or a Jehovah Witness. Like Dispensationalism, JW's and Mormons are false doctrines invented by men during the mid 1800's. Which is why that era is referred to as "the age of the cults".

Hilson didn't prove squat.

Like I said, Dispensationalism cannot stand the test of scripture.

Look at the hole you have dug yourself in. You claim the prophecies by Jesus about the stones was not fulfilled in 70AD. Now you are left with having to claim a third temple will be built, then destroyed with not one stone left standing upon another, then a fourth temple will have to be built so Jesus can sit on His man-made throne you have Him sitting on while people sacrifice animals for sin atonement.

You're in up to your neck in the hole you have dug trying to defend Darby's false doctrine.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No matter what thread I post in, Little Johnny W follows me around. He even follows me in the sports threads.

Every post I make, is followed by at least three posts from Little Johnny W.

john w

Hall of Fame
No matter what thread I post in, Little Johnny W follows me around. He even follows me in the sports threads.

Every post I make, is followed by at least three posts from Little Johnny W.
Like you followed me on Facebook, little arms Craigie, asked to be my FB "friend," and downloaded my pics, you sodomite? Like you followed me, by sending me a PM, and propositioning me, you unemployed, greasy/slick loser?And like you followed me, and tried to set me up with your war paint, "big" "wife," when she was in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, a few years ago, eh, sweetie?

And like you followed me, by putting up, yesterday, that greasy, wimpy pic of yours, on TOL, sending it, specifically, to try to "woo" me, eh Craigie Berstein?

You loser, grease ball-get a job, and get off this site, you admitted troll. And lift some weights, Twiggy. Weasels/wimps don't make good "arguments."

john w

Hall of Fame
"Plus, I can show a bunch more of men that taught Preterism before Russell was even born."-greasy little chin Craigie

Show them, Craigie. Show us these men.

What's the problem, loser? Are they "infallible?"

Are they men, sweetie?

Why do you follow the teachings of "fallable men," oh unemployed,obsessed one?

And learn how to spell, employ proper grammar. Did you even graduate from high school, Gomer?

Last edited:

God's Truth

Paul described it as a mystery. Paul said the relationship a husband has with his wife (one flesh) is the same Christ Jesus has with His church.

However, that doesn't mean that when we physically die, our body-less spirits go to heaven and hang out there waiting for the resurrection.
That is what it means. You admitted to believing in Abraham's bosom. That was good enough for you to believe our body-less spirits hung out there. Please address that. You are making fun of a body-less spirit but you believe that!

The scripture plainly tell us we have a spirit that lives on after the death of our body.

Since 70AD, when believers die, they instantly receive a glorified spiritual body,
A spirit, or a body that is spiritual? I will tell you what---at the RESURRECTION from the dead when Jesus comes again we will receive a body that is spiritual. However, we still have a body-less spirit until then.

and are instantly in the kingdom, in the presence of the Lord.

That didn't happen until 70AD.

You have been proven to be wrong about that.

ClimateSanity

How is it deceitful to say John Nelson Darby was a fallible man?

It's deceitful because it's misleading. There is no reason to call Darby a fallible man unless #1. Your insinuating that you are taught by infallible men or #2. there is reason to believe fallibility is an issue. The only reason fallibility would be an issue is if someone is believing men over God.

Therefore, you are using the word fallible to imply your teachers can be trusted whereas Darby's teachings cannot be trusted.

This is blatantly deceitful because your teachers are fallible as well.

Instead of being deceitful , you should make the case that your teachers should be trusted and why.

ClimateSanity

Not a peep.

Preterism is as old as when Christianity became the state religion of Rome and all the Jewish leaders of the church were replaced with gentiles. This is where preterism was born. That's 1300 years before Darby but is it really saying anything regarding the trustworthiness of either system?

Interplanner

It's deceitful because it's misleading. There is no reason to call Darby a fallible man unless #1. Your insinuating that you are taught by infallible men or #2. there is reason to believe fallibility is an issue. The only reason fallibility would be an issue is if someone is believing men over God.

Therefore, you are using the word fallible to imply your teachers can be trusted whereas Darby's teachings cannot be trusted.

This is blatantly deceitful because your teachers are fallible as well.

Instead of being deceitful , you should make the case that your teachers should be trusted and why.

Or, just work out details of self-organizing passages of the Bible like Acts 13's sermon, Rom 3, 4, Gal 3, 4, 2 Cor 3-5, Heb 9-10. It's more fun.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's deceitful

You're not very smart are you?

You reported me for saying "fallible man" in Latin. You told me to stop saying "fallible", so I said it in Latin.

That's what "fallitur homo" means in Latin.

You should probably research things before accusing me of calling you a homo.

I 'm done replying to your posts.