Votes: 1 5.3%
  • other

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am Elmer J Fudd, millionaire. I own a mansion and a yacht.

Danoh

"Earth to Danoh - Earth to Danoh - heh - low -oh!"

"Earth to Danoh - Earth to Danoh - heh - low -oh!"

The intended meaning of the word hypnosis is lost on most, due, not surprisingly; to the traditions of men.

When you think on the above for a moment from a much more objective perspective "the traditions of men" are themselves a state of so called "hypnosis."

The word's etymology [I Googled it, lol] is the Greek: hypnos "sleep" + osis "condition."

My own observation, given the weird place I tend to look at things from, is that, for a time, it was believed that it being the case that while we are consciously asleep, that other aspect of our awareness - that part of us that is much more easily influenced to our service is greatly heightened - our unconscious awareness - one means of tapping into that might be to deliberately induce a sleeping state.

But when you think on these things objectively, what you find is that every one of us is ever in both states of mind.

Ever find you were off in your own mind somewhere - "pay attention; don't be so rude," lol

The part of you that unconsciously remembers how to tie your shoes even as you have your mind consciously focused on a million other things, is a good example of both states of mind at work at the same time.

You log onto this thread without having to remember how to type; this is your unconscious part of your mind.

Only to run smack into the post of someone who either edifies you, or peeves you - in that split moment you have automatically been set off into an altered state of mind - a state of mind that is different from what it was before you saw that post.

This post here is altering your state of mind - agh! LOL

In this "hypnosis" has its uses. Because it cannot help but manifest in each of us throughout our every day.

Here is a "suggestion game" I once played on someone who is an arrogant know it all who believes no one can get anything past him.

His wife was standing right there; irritated with him, as usual. So I said to her 'watch this; watch how easily I will get him to do my bidding unawares, lol'

"This should be good," she replies.

So, we're standing there. He is gabbing away; greatly impressed with himself; going on about his favorite subject - him; and how that no one can get anything past him...

I shift away from him just a little. He shifts in turn.

He needs the stage; right? LOL

I shift away from him again, just a little; he follows suit.

By the time I got through with him, I had completely turned him around, lol

Then, I pointed it out to him - boy did he get furious - ROFL!

I look over at his wife. She's cracking up. So I mouth the words 'watch this...'

I look up at a building and just continue to look up at it, and say 'oh, wow...'

"Now what're you looking at; I'm talking to you," he says.

Next thing he knows; he is also looking up at the building.

'I did it t you again!' I say.

The poor guy was about to burst, even more furious now.

That, folks, is Hypnosis 101 - eyes... wide... open, lol

Now tell me none of you have ever "hypnotized," nor ever been "hypnotized" by - another.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I was all set to offer up my comments and feelings about hypnosis but I find myself getting sleepy....

...getting very, very sleepy....

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ah, Bugs Bunny - "hypnotist" extraordinaire - right before Fudd's eyes - every time, lol

"Nyeh, what's up, doc?" Crunch, crunch...

I see you aren't a brainless millennial.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Hypnosis is an artificially induced state of relaxation and concentration that does not reduce self-determinism.

If a person can be induced to act in any way by hypnotic suggestion without that person realizing that said action is the effect of hypnotic suggestion, then that person's self-determinism has been compromised to that degree.

Last edited:

Danoh

If a person can be induced to act in any way by hypnotic suggestion without that person realizing that said action is the effect of hypnotic suggestion, then that person's self-determinism has been compromised to that degree.

The "what the - what on earth was I thinking!" effect we are all prone to - often, by our own hand.