ECT What is the Will of God . . .

Cross Reference

Here is what the Lord Jesus said concerning the will of God:

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day" (Jn.6:40).​

". . . . And this is eternal life, that they [*might] KNOW you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent." signed, Jesus. John 17:3 (ESV)

*[KJV]

Jerry Shugart

What is YOUR point?? . . .NO! What WAS your point??

My point was in answer to the subject of this thread--"What is the Will of God..."

Here is what I quoted to answer the question:

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day"
(Jn.6:40).​

Do you agree that is the "will" of God?

Cross Reference

My point was in answer to the subject of this thread--"What is the Will of God..."

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day"

Do you agree that is the "will" of God?

Do you agree with this:

". . . And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. John 17:3 (ESV)

Because that is the ultimate/completion/finality of the will of God for everyone in your verse..which goes beyond being just saved from hell or don't you agree?

Want more??

Jerry Shugart

Yeah, Most of the time. Got an answer?

Cross Reference

And I repeat:

John 17:3 is the definition of everlasting life. Ergo, God's will for our lives. . . Being born again is the but the beginning of the journey of son-ship in the Father, brotherhood with Christ.

Jerry Shugart

And I repeat:

John 17:3 is the definition of everlasting life. Ergo, God's will for our lives. . . Being born again is the but the beginning of the journey of son-ship in the Father, brotherhood with Christ.

So?

Do you deny that the verse I quoted speaks of the will of God?

Cross Reference

So?

Of course. It is the beginning to the rest of His will. What is your problem in believing for that?? Isn't John 17:3 enough to prove that it is? What is "Knowing" God all about? That is what you need to asking.

Jerry Shugart

I asked:

Here is the verse I quoted again:

(Jn.6:40).

Here is your answer:

Of course.

All you prove is that you refuse to believe anything in the Scriptures that contradict your made up ideas!

Cross Reference

I asked:

Here is the verse I quoted again:

(Jn.6:40).

Here is your answer:

All you prove is that you refuse to believe anything in the Scriptures that contradict your made up ideas!

To be more clear, that should have read "Of course not". It is what Jesus said about Himself. However, He also said this about Himself you receive from me as being "my idea": "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3 (KJV)

Do you agree with that, from Him?

Cross Reference

Good . . . . Now that that is settled, what, considering the passages, should be the conclusion to our thinking?

Last edited: