ECT What is the situation of the NT narrative?

Interplanner

Exactly. D'ism is at a total loss. Look how much Tam, Myst, STP and BoyJohnW wrote!

Communication depends on who you are speaking to. The NT was 'speaking' to that generation in that background in Judea. Use it another way and it does not communicate, like STP's kiddie-cartoons.

Interplanner

Good grief, there is no bait about it, fella. No one can be a student of the bible if they don't know the following about Judea 30AD:
temperature
vegetation
farming
political structure
theology
political hostilities
international situation
geography
weather
food supply
religions
male-female relationships
economy
vocabulary
languages
legal documentation system
cults and sects

You can be as mindless as you want but you can't really know the Bible and be mindless.

SaulToPaul 2

Good grief, there is no bait about it, fella. No one can be a student of the bible if they don't know the following about Judea 30AD:
temperature
vegetation
farming
political structure
theology
political hostilities
international situation
geography
weather
food supply
religions
economy
vocabulary
languages
cults and sects

You can be as mindless as you want but you can't really know the Bible and be mindless.

Did the New York Yankees win the world series in 30ad?

Danoh

temperature
vegetation
farming
political structure
theology
political hostilities
international situation
geography
weather
food supply
religions
economy
vocabulary
languages
cults and sects

Good list.

You forgot everyday objects, like coins, what they used for mirrors, clothing, transportation, building materials, and and so on - each of which are mentioned here and there and that a good familiarity with often aids one greatly in better being able to understand the resulting figures of speech, etc., that many said objects and or experiences with were often a basis of.

Likewise as to one's use of the KJV - a very good familiarity with its time in all the above greatly lends itself to better understanding its intended meanings, than merely reading it in LATER Modern NORTH AMERICAN English does, alone.

Which is why one finds so many who cling to the KJV nevertheless asserting all sorts of mis-fires in their supposedly KJV based "interpretations."

But, you are dealing with very few on here who have obviously looked into many of those items on that great list of yours.

And such do not take kindly to being continually proven incompetent at their task.

Still, you, on the other hand, have just as obviously over relied on all that at the expense of just time in the Scripture, for months on end, just in the Scripture alone...repeatedly over the years. Just reading it repeatedly.

I know plenty of MADs who GREATLY value your list. We have been GREATLY aided in a MUCH BETTER understanding of MUCH in Scripture, as a result.

Stam and Baker were both like that. And Jordan is a walking Encyclopedia of all sorts of in-depth study into all sorts of cultures, etc., of that time to now.

Many of us within MAD whom I know, have known, or have known of, are more than merely familiar with much of the history, culture, political intrigues, and so on of that time, and so on.

I can still recall the huge poster on the wall of one MAD I once knew that traced out both Joseph's and Mary's Geneology in the most minute of detail all the way back to Adam and Eve; his knowledge of all sorts of aspects of all that so left an impression on me to this very day.

And yet, despite all that on your great list - and then some - Mid-Acts is what we have concluded. Not your 70ADism.

So, while your point about the ever obvious ignorance on much of these things often evidenced by some on here is valid, you still fail to prove your supposed basis necessarily leads to your 7OADism.

Let alone, to your one-size-fits-all "mission" notions.

I'll have to continue to respectfully disagree with your obviously overly books based, over much more Scripturally based, conclusions.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

Interplanner

Mid-Acts is what we have concluded. Not your 70ADism.

Could you define your terms. I have no idea what you mean. 70 AD is a set of facts, not an ism.

As for your ism, what happens in the Mid? What changes? What proof?