ECT What is the Lake of Fire Judgment?

dataylor

Many Christians are looking forward to God’s judgment — often quite fearfully. Revelation describes what the Bible calls the Great White Throne Judgment:

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and Hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS. And death and Hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-14 [KJV]).

This prophecy describes a time when God resurrects people after their death. Here the Greek translated “Hell” is hades, which means the grave. Then the prophecy goes on to describe how these people are judged. But I especially want you to notice how God judges these people “according to their works.”

Works?

Does not God grant salvation and eternal life as a free gift? And aren’t we saved by Christ’s sacrifice, instead of the measure of our human accomplishments?

So what kind of judging is going in here?

Now let's add something from Matthew 16:27:

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Here Jesus describes how God will evaluate peoples’ works to determine their spiritual reward.

But is this not an exact parallel to what we just read in Revelation 20?

So during the final White Throne Judgment, those who are not written in the Book of Life are cast into the lake of fire, while the rest are "judged" so they can be rewarded according to their deeds. Thus it appears the White Throne Judgment actually does two things:

1) sentences those who rebelliously reject God to the second death.
2) determines the reward given to those who repent and are saved.

DAN P

Many Christians are looking forward to God’s judgment — often quite fearfully. Revelation describes what the Bible calls the Great White Throne Judgment:

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and Hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS. And death and Hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:11-14 [KJV]).

This prophecy describes a time when God resurrects people after their death. Here the Greek translated “Hell” is hades, which means the grave. Then the prophecy goes on to describe how these people are judged. But I especially want you to notice how God judges these people “according to their works.”

Works?

Does not God grant salvation and eternal life as a free gift? And aren’t we saved by Christ’s sacrifice, instead of the measure of our human accomplishments?

For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.
Here Jesus describes how God will evaluate peoples’ works to determine their spiritual reward.

So during the final White Throne Judgment, those who are not written in the Book of Life are cast into the lake of fire, while the rest are "judged" so they can be rewarded according to their deeds. Thus it appears the White Throne Judgment actually does two things:

Hi and reading Rev 21:10 all can see who gets to be in the Lake of Fire !!

The Body of Christ believers are Judged at the BEMA SEAT for their works 1 Cor 3:10-15 as we ARE / ESTE " in Christ " as ARE is in the Present Tense of Continuous Action and are always Saved , Gal 3:28 !!

dan p

dataylor

But Jesus said that the Father gave all judgement to Him, then Jesus later said He would judge "no man."

Furthermore, Jesus said those who reject Him will be judged by the "words" He spoke. And what did Jesus say about forgiving sinners?

DAN P

But Jesus said that the Father gave all judgement to Him, then Jesus later said He would judge "no man."

Furthermore, Jesus said those who reject Him will be judged by the "words" He spoke. And what did Jesus say about forgiving sinners?

Hi so what does Rev 21 :10-15 says it all as does 1 Cor 3:10-15 MEAN ??

DAN P

dataylor

John 5:22: For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given ALL judgment to the Son.

John 8:15 (KJV): Ye judge after the flesh; I judge NO man.

Luke 12:13-14: And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me. And he said unto him, Man, who made ME a judge or a divider over you?

John 12:47-48: If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I DO NOT JUDGE HIM; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has ONE who judges him; THE WORD I SPOKE IS WHAT WILL JUDGE HIM AT THE LAST DAY.

fzappa13

Works?

There is a one time opportunity after the death of Jesus and before His return when one may avail themselves of the gift of grace through faith that He was who He said He was. Once He returns that deal is off in that it requires no faith to believe in what you can plainly see ... so, it's back to accounting for your works after that for a thousand years until the white throne judgement ... that is unless you are one of those resurrected at His return.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
John 5:22: For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given ALL judgment to the Son.

Luke 12:13-14: And one of the company said unto him, Master, speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me. And he said unto him, Man, who made ME a judge or a divider over you?

John 12:47-48: If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I DO NOT JUDGE HIM; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has ONE who judges him; THE WORD I SPOKE IS WHAT WILL JUDGE HIM AT THE LAST DAY.

you need to understand what part of Jesus' words and teachings were for when He walked among us and which scriptures are for later. some scripture is for then and some is for all time and after DBR(death,burial,resurrection)

Right Divider

Body part

You clearly do not read anything in its CONTEXT.
Joh 8:14-18 KJV Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. (15) Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. (16) And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. (17) It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. (18) I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
Do you REALLY believe that the LORD from heaven will not judge a man?

It is clear that Jesus is talking about judging AFTER THE FLESH, which He does NOT do. He judges from His complete knowledge of what's INSIDE a man.

dataylor

Some people just don't believe the Scriptures...

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL men unto me (John 12:32)

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have ALL men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (I Tim 2:3-4).

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me EVERY knee shall bow, EVERY tongue shall swear (Isa 45:22-23).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Some people just don't believe the Scriptures...

And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL men unto me (John 12:32)

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have ALL men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (I Tim 2:3-4).

Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me EVERY knee shall bow, EVERY tongue shall swear (Isa 45:22-23).

we do believe the scriptures and we understand context and situations; audiences and intention. it's called rightly dividing, it's the Word of God -

2 Timothy 2:15-16 KJV -

dataylor

"we do believe the scriptures and we understand context and situations; audiences and intention. it's called rightly dividing, it's the Word of God"

That's your assertion. But the readers will decide...

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
OP: What is the Lake of Fire Judgment?

The Lake of Fire(Gehenna) is GOD's junkyard.

A junkyard is the place where things wind up when they do not function in the purpose for which they were created.

There's no recycling from this one.

dataylor

Agreed: for those who are condemned.

But for those who are rewarded, there is eternal life and rulership over God's Kingdom.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"we do believe the scriptures and we understand context and situations; audiences and intention. it's called rightly dividing, it's the Word of God"

That's your assertion. But the readers will decide...

the readers ? do you mean the registered members here ? darn tootin' they will, and they all think like me, so there -