What is the Gospel?

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. - Romans 12:9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans12:9&version=NKJV

"[emoji444][emoji445]All you need is love![emoji445][emoji444]" sang the Beatles.

And then they broke up. :think:

EE, which is more loving:

1. Feeding, clothing, medicating, educating, entertaining, legally representing, and forgiving the criminal who raped and murdered a young girl
2. Swifly and painfully executing said rapist murderer.

In that God is love? Of course.

No disagreement there.

Agreed.

Sometimes... let the body's hit the floor has to be played. But, some people abuse the idea of the legal system and the rights of secular society.

There are people on this message board that want to totally re-criminalize sins of the flesh, and bind them to the equivalent of a child rapist and murderer. That is called "Theocracy", and it blasphemously sets up mankind in the throne of God.

As for all other points discussed... and exonerating you from my posting methods... in what I am about to say... there is no disagreement here.

I do note that belief systems and doctrine are mere works of men. People cling to what their grey matter knows and I've decided that ousting and beating people isn't the solution.

Love all deviations of those who preach Jesus Christ. That's where I am now. The only time I will allow myself to get worked up is when a sinner is setting up to harm another sinner, theologically, through some for of elitist swill.

You, Judge Rightly, know what I speak of and I assume you would agree that becoming all things to all men, while maintaining the Law of Christ (Love), is a very sound biblical principal.

I'm tired of head butting and feeling like I have some doctrinal theorem that I must ram down another persons throat.

Jesus died for all. All sin. All need Jesus. Jesus' blood is far more effectual than we can comprehend.

That's my core beliefs, and I think it's fair to defend those. You know many of my nuances... and my stances... but I am at peace with all brothers and sisters that fearlessly proclaim the 4 things I just listed.

Post Script... Good song :D

I have noticed... that the old timey Open Theists, that aren't tainted by the moral majority... politicized Jesus diatribe... count Faith and Love as equally important.

You seem to agree, which I am not shocked by, and appreciate.

There is a "Law of Love"... as Jesus said... "A new command I give you"... and I'm realizing that keeping that repressed when I discuss scripture, is a bad thing.

i'm relieved that you see it too.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Sometimes... let the body's hit the floor has to be played. But, some people abuse the idea of the legal system and the rights of secular society.

There are people on this message board that want to totally re-criminalize sins of the flesh, and bind them to the equivalent of a child rapist and murderer. That is called "Theocracy", and it blasphemously sets up mankind in the throne of God.

As for all other points discussed... and exonerating you from my posting methods... in what I am about to say... there is no disagreement here.

I do note that belief systems and doctrine are mere works of men. People cling to what their grey matter knows and I've decided that ousting and beating people isn't the solution.

Love all deviations of those who preach Jesus Christ. That's where I am now. The only time I will allow myself to get worked up is when a sinner is setting up to harm another sinner, theologically, through some for of elitist swill.

You, Judge Rightly, know what I speak of and I assume you would agree that becoming all things to all men, while maintaining the Law of Christ (Love), is a very sound biblical principal.

I'm tired of head butting and feeling like I have some doctrinal theorem that I must ram down another persons throat.

Jesus died for all. All sin. All need Jesus. Jesus' blood is far more effectual than we can comprehend.

That's my core beliefs, and I think it's fair to defend those. You know many of my nuances... and my stances... but I am at peace with all brothers and sisters that fearlessly proclaim the 4 things I just listed.

Post Script... Good song :D

I have noticed... that the old timey Open Theists, that aren't tainted by the moral majority... politicized Jesus diatribe... count Faith and Love as equally important.

You seem to agree, which I am not shocked by, and appreciate.

There is a "Law of Love"... as Jesus said... "A new command I give you"... and I'm realizing that keeping that repressed when I discuss scripture, is a bad thing.

i'm relieved that you see it too.

Jesus says His followers are not of the world meaning His followers should not get involved with political matters which many, many churches do.

We have no right to judge the word. Jesus will do it in the end.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

The facts...
[MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] Love Jesus. They articulate about Love and when they speak of "sin" honestly, while they know and admit they sin and can't keep the "Old Law" in their flesh.
[MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION] is of this sort too... but forgets to acknowledge that the law of Jesus is Love, when she says "obey".

I'm done crusading against fellow brother sisters in Jesus, and I don't care who "Draco Malfoy" tells me I should call brother or sister. Knight once stated that he didn't hold himself accountable if faith was lost, due to something read here. That has to do with faith being strong or weak.

The way one person believes will be different than another, and the idea of 100% doctrinal agreement is impossible, until that teaching is directly out of Jesus' mouth to our ears. (I mean when He returns).

Therefore... I will Love, be honest if asked what I believe and build up all humanity as best I can, because of the unconditional Love Jesus Christ has shown me.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The facts...
[MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] Love Jesus. They articulate about Love and when they speak of "sin" honestly, while they know and admit they sin and can't keep the "Old Law" in their flesh.
[MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION] is of this sort too... but forgets to acknowledge that the law of Jesus is Love, when she says "obey".

I'm done crusading against fellow brother sisters in Jesus, and I don't care who "Draco Malfoy" tells me I should call brother or sister. Knight once stated that he didn't hold himself accountable if faith was lost, due to something read here. That has to do with faith being strong or weak.

The way one person believes will be different than another, and the idea of 100% doctrinal agreement is impossible, until that teaching is directly out of Jesus' mouth to our ears. (I mean when He returns).

Therefore... I will Love, be honest if asked what I believe and build up all humanity as best I can, because of the unconditional Love Jesus Christ has shown me.

If we follow whole context of the Bible which God and Jesus are love, we cannot go wrong.

This is my main beaf.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

Jesus says His followers are not of the world meaning His followers should not get involved with political matters which many, many churches do.

We have no right to judge the word. Jesus will do it in the end.

I will do something I don't usually do... outright... and haven't done. I agree with you Meshak.

My differentiation would be this. If I involve myself in government... I am not doing it as a Christian, but a human being that is assisting in tribal type atmosphere, with simple living needs of other people.

If I shoot someone for harming an innocent person, like yourself, and I want to protect you... I do so as a fellow human being out of Love.

Jesus is not and should never be part of politics or the like! I totally agree. I do leave room for myself and others to participate in government...

But, the "Moral Majority" that want to bring biblical Christianity into the government, are simply attempting to set up another papacy. In that light... I fully agree with you. I feel convicted out of duty and love for humanity to assist in my share of government, preservation of life and so forth... so in that light, we may differ.

But about the "differing"... I don't care! I love you as a fellow human being, and Sister that Loves Jesus... and Meshak... that's more than enough for me.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
But, the "Moral Majority" that want to bring biblical Christianity into the government, are simply attempting to set up another papacy.

That's what many churches are doing; by pushing Jesus' moral law to the world.

Christianity is simple yet too many of us making it complicated. That is so wrong.

Scripture debate is one of them.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

That's what many churches are doing; by pushing Jesus' moral law to the world.

Christianity is simple yet too many of us making it complicated. That is so wrong.

Scripture debate is one of them.

I fully agree. I think Debate is good, and discussion is good. But, when people let their point become more important than the person they are discussing and debating with... The complication and "wrong" of it all is clear.

You are correct! We need to be able to talk about Jesus and what we perceive, without the animosity and hatred.

That is scriptural. I only point the finger at myself for failing to understand this sooner, but appreciate you, Meshak and appreciate the sincerity of your words.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You are correct! We need to be able to talk about Jesus and what we perceive, without the animosity and hatred.

What I see in debate is that they don't point out that our differences in opinions will not make us a good Christians.

I haven't met anyone saying this.

That's why persecution is permitted and accepted by the majority.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

What I see in debate is that they don't point out that our differences in opinions will not make us a good Christians.

I haven't met anyone saying this.

That's why persecution is permitted and accepted by the majority.

It took me too long to get here... but now you do know someone saying this.

All blessings to you, Sister in Jesus Christ.

Evil.Eye.*{@}*

I have not met anyone like you, brother, in a good way.

You are blessing and blessed.:)

You are a blessing and blessed too... and I think for God to send His Son for All humanity, for any of us not to strive to find a blessing in all, is sad.

It is good to be at peace, Sister.

Danoh

You use the word "JW" as derogatory remark so Marhig is spot on.

You are going to take this wrong, but here it is anyway.

Consider it the words of one being truthful with you out of concern for you.

I clearly stated the difference to you between an individual and an organization, and between a forever saved, but later confused individual, and a forever lost and confused one.

You are simply both that poor at reading things, and just as poor at receiving being told that you are that poor at reading a thing write.

Immediately, you take personal offence?

Why?

Why if this fool all encompassing love concept of yours is so all encompassing, so empowering, do you end up not only taking personal offence, but pestering others with their having neg repped, you or what ever.

Where is the power of this so called love of yours then?

You are just as shallow as everyone you have been accusing of being shallow.

You are simply clueless that you are just as shallow.

Fact is, your concept of love is not supported by the Scripture.

Worse - you preach works for salvation and works for the maintainance of one's salvation.

Meaning, you would "love" others right into the wrath you yourself appear headed for - for you have yet presented a clear gospel of our salvation - the gospel of our salvation that is Romans 5:6-10; 1 Cor. 15: 3,4; and 2 Cor. 5:19-21

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Get THAT love right WITH God - THEN worry about "love."

You got that you works based "love" fool?

Titus 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

You wanna talk "love of God" - then quit spitting on the following...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Regrettably - for I do not relish a bit having to have been so tough on you.

But your very soul is at stake in your foolishness, and so is that of anyone who ends up at your Watch Tower based deception, who did not at one time trust in the simple truth of all the above passages, before they ended up confused, but are still nevertheless eternally saved.

My concern in my directness to you, given your insistent foolishness, is that you never appear to have ever been one of those who had once been clear on all that to begin with.

Rom. 5:6-10 towards you, Meshak.

Danoh

amazing.

that's all I have to say.

You think that's amazing - get in Christ and you'll really be amazed.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

In hope that Rom. 5:6-11 might one day be your testimony, Meshak.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You are going to take this wrong, but here it is anyway.

Consider it the words of one being truthful with you out of concern for you.

I know all about your faith.

I don't have to read your lengthy explanation.

Adopting to believe the trinity which supported by violent Christians, you don't need anything to learn from them.

You don't know Christianity is all about God and Jesus' love.

I look at people by what kind of doctrine or people they associate with.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You speak correctly. You are both humans in the brotherhood of mankind.

Unfortunately, not all of mankind is saved. :chew:

So sad that you don't know Christianity is all about God and Jesus' love.

Your mocking, ridiculing, insulting other Jesus' servants just because they don't agree with your doctrine says it all about your faith.

Last edited: